Legion

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I am going to have to go back and watch all of it again, but from my initial take, I liked season 2 better than season 1. It was just so much more...I dunno....detached and stylish than season 1. I don't know how to describe it better than that.
The show feels like a nice warm pool of water to go float in and not think too hard in. It's fun to just sit and bathe in the glow of the TV and the music and such. I just sit and drift in the show and it all feels so dreamy and surreal and frequently disturbing. It's really the closest I've gotten to getting high in years. And I don't think actually getting high and watching this show would be a pleasant feeling, but.....maybe.
I think that is the best way to watch this show and not worry about things making so much sense. It does eventually. I like to make my interpretations but don't get too attached to them. As someone who normally overthinks things, I guess this is why I like this show so much - because I decided not to think about it much and just go with it wherever it wants to take me.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Part of my issue is that the LegionQuest and the resulting AoA storylines were effectively the only storylines I really followed in the X-Men comics. They're even the only comics I still own, other than a few Sandman ones, and the DT ones LuciMay sent me. :)

So it all seemed wrong for me.

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Yeah, I get it. My Dark Phoenix experience was in the animated series from the 90's, so anything else just seems wrong. I haven't seen the new movie because I suspect I'll hate it.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, the GF's X-Men experience is also limited to the animated series, but she's actually quite keen to watch the movie. (Although she will probably hate it too. :D ) (However, without having watched the performance yet, I thought Jean Grey might be fairly well cast.)

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I'm so happy to be back in the nice warm pool of insanity that is Legion. That is all.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Awww....it's over already? Only 8 episodes this season?

Well, I have to say it ended in a way that was neither disappointing, nor was it particularly exciting. It was a suitable ending for the series, but a bit of a downer. It did, however, do something very interesting in the finale that was very subtle, and I wasn't paying close enough attention to figure it out on the initial watch.
Spoiler
Charles Xavier mentions something along the lines of, now that he is staying home to help raise baby David, that he had thought of teaching. Because he was off chasing mutants with Cerebro, baby David was inhabited by the Shadow King and things went bad. We never saw the X-Men on screen in the show, and until now I never realized that the X-Men never came about in the show's timeline. And that now that Charles is staying home with the child and taking up teaching, the X-Men happens.
Twisty, turny, cool.

The big bad wolf episode was probably my favorite this season, but Aubrey Plaza's final scenes in this season were, in my opinion, the best she has even been on screen.

Yep, I can definitely feel that this show could be my favorite of all time. I really want to start at the beginning again and watch through it all.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Totally agree re Aubrey Plaza shes brilliant.. 👌 totally love her in pretty much everything shes in but especially Legion.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Watched the first episode again. I thought a lot of it was unreality when I first watched it, but realized this time that it all was really happening, and now understood the first episode. I was having too much of a time trying to figure out what this show WAS when I first watched it to follow as closely as all that.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

When I was particularly sick feeling last week, I started watching this from the beginning again. Watching this show feverish seemed like the best way to watch it. The series feels like a fever dream as it is. It is making all the sense in the world to me this time around, but I also know where it goes, so that helps.

I also think the binge watching of this show helps instead of waiting a week between episodes.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life

Return to “TV Shows”