Terisa and Geraden - Was it a good love story?

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Terisa and Geraden - Was it a good love story?

Post by Revan »

What do you think?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I know this is one of your little tricks Darth, but it won't work. You'll have to finish the books on your own before we start to spoil in this thread. :D Come on don't u like surprizes? That's one of the reason I like to read... :?
fall far and well Pilots!
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I just want to know... I did it to caer in the gap... I said I hadn't read the end for years and he put it in for me... even though I hadn't read it at all... But... as you should know... I'm asking you a question... so maybe we can attract more people to this forum...
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Well in that case you, me and dAN need to post in the "Mordant Needs You" topic in TCTC that I will ressurect in about 5 minutes from now, and maybe we can convince Vain to sticky a "Casting" topic in Announcements--I was going to start a big recruitment campaign on Valentines day--announcing Mordant on Ahira's Hangar's newletter, the Donaldson forum their and PMing all the loyal Mordant folks--but I guess we can start now.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Ahh, the impetuousness of Danlo. Start two weeks early, then. Revan the answer is a lot like landing an airplane; in essence, any love story you can walk away from is a good one.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

So... Was it a good love story?
Torrent
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Torrent »

Yes, it was.

Maybe it would be interesting to discuss why. As it seems, most of the male users would like to have sex with Terisa, but to enjoy a good love story, you have to share the HERO(ine)'s yearnings, don't you? ;)

Which leads me to another interesting question, I might as well start a new thread...

BTW: A 'good' love story doesn't need a happy ending, in my opinion. I usually prefer the sad ones. Or even unfulfilled love stories. 8)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I have always thought it to be a good love story, perhaps the only one from Donaldson that I could call "sweet". Most of his love matches feature couples who challenge each other in one way or another, or who face serious problems to overcome. This one is pretty straight forward in comparison....
Terisa and Geraden, the First and Pitchwife are my favorite Donaldson couples.
Love as thou wilt.

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

What about Linden and Thomas? heh.

I thought it was a sweet story line as well... They were very well matched imo.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

To each there own, I guess, LA and TC's story seemed kinda tough-especially to find the one you love only to have him die on you...
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

yeah... I always thought Thomas was unreliable...
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Thomas and Linden loved each other greatly, but they had so little time together as a couple... :(
Love as thou wilt.

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

There there... I know it's sad... but maybe they'll get back together in the Third Chronicles. :D
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Ok now..back to Mordant
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

LOL! Sorry for getting sidetracked... I think Geraden was a luckly git... Getting someone that attractive :twisted:
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Maybe so, but I think Terisa was incredibly lucky too, in having found someone who wasn't simply trying to exploit her. Geraden needed her--especially towards the end when
Spoiler
she became an Arch-Imager
, but when she first arrived in Mordant, he was the only person who was honest with her.

Imagine what would have happened if Eremis had just hustled him out of the way right at the beginning and had been able to have his wicked way with her. There'd have been no story. Or at least a very different one.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Myste wrote:Imagine what would have happened if Eremis had just hustled him out of the way right at the beginning and had been able to have his wicked way with her.
:hairs:
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

heh heh....didn't mean to give you the willies, Darth... :lol:
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

LOL! It's too late for that now Myste. :lol:
Torrent
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Torrent »

I think it would be a better love story if Terisa wasn't so extremely beautiful and sexy. It seems like a logical conclusion that everyone desires her, so Geraden is no big exception.

Of course, he loves her mind, too, but come on...it's easier to love someone's mind/soul if he/she looks like "Miss Mordant".

I've always found that a little annoying. I know, I know...maybe I'm the one who's superficial now. But the love story would be more romantic if Terisa was just a little less stunning.

Return to “Mordant's Need”