John Woo To Direct 'Metroid' Movie?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

John Woo To Direct 'Metroid' Movie?

Post by Encryptic »

This could be interesting. Hopefully they'll manage to do justice to the Metroid saga, although given the abysmal failure of most video game movies, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Story
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Oh for pity's sake!

Video games do not work as films! Grrr. But at least Metroid kind of has a plot and action scenes. I nearly gagged when I read that there is an upcoming movie of......ugh.......*retch, choke*............CRAZY TAXI! 8O How?! How the hell would that even work?!

*sigh*
Seppi2112
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Seppi2112 »

I just found this... posted yesterday:

Metroid the Movie Canned

Months ago, GamersMark.com brought news to you that the rights to Nintendo’s Metroid franchise had been bought for a Metroid movie. However, we have learned that Warren Zide and Craig Perry’s rights to a movie based on Nintendo’s popular franchise have expired. In other words, don’t expect to see a Metroid flick anytime soon.
<i>"Kupo?"</i>
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Crazy taxi? I have a few ideas about how they'd make that, but only because I've already seen Taxi and Taxi 2.

An important thing to remember when reading about books and games that have been optioned is that it's not uncommon for people to option something to prevent it being turned into a film.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.

Return to “PC & Console Games”