Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to The Watch, Treasure Buries.
Be Well Come and True.

If I may, I would advise avoiding any of The Chronicles forums for now, if your memory is unclear of the plot lines. Even with the division between the First and Second Chronicles forum and the last Chronicles forum, there is quite a bit of referencing all three, as they do relate to each other. If you don't want the story to be spoiled, be wary venturing in to those fora.

However, do come explore the rest of The Watch. We have a wide range of topics, although occasional Chronicles references do slip in to other fora unexpectedly as well.
Treasure Buries
Servant of the Land

Post by Treasure Buries »

Thanks for the kind welcomes.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, very clever Treasure Buries. :D And great intro.

However, we demand that you hang around. There's far more than only SRD here. (Also, have you read the Gap series and Mordant's Need?

Anyway, welcome aboard, watch out for spoilers if you care about that kinda thing, and join in anywhere you like. ;)

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Welcome Treasure Berries. Secon Chronicles are amazing as First. I have some great feelings for Third Chronicles but there are stretches in couple of the books in the series that drag on a little too long but over all great reasd or audibles (although I have tried listening to one yet - I have to imagine they are good)
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
Treasure Buries
Servant of the Land

Avatar wrote:have you read the Gap series and Mordant's Need?
Sadly, no - I have not read anything else from SRD besides the first two Chronicles.

My fantasy reading phase was mostly as a teenager, around age 14-16. I had a bit of a resurgence of BUYING some more used fantasy books about 10 years ago but didn't really read any, ha.

Back during my real phase of it, in addition to Chronicles I also got into Shanarra, Xanth, Magic Kingdom for Sale, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Actually, I did "read" (audiobook) a new fantasy/sci-fi series - as in, new to me - within the last couple of years. I discovered the Pride of Channur and enjoyed the audiobook of that quite a lot.

Post by Avatar »

Well, I have to say, the Gap series, (sci-fi not fantasy) is, in my humble opinion, even better written than the Chrons. Do yourself a favour. :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Welcome, Treasure Buries!

The First Chronicles and Second Chronicles were the SRD books I first read, back in the years 1981 to 1983, so they have the greatest nostalgia value for me of any SRD works, and I still love them.

However, I have come to love Mordant's Need and the Gap even more, and I highly recommend them, if you're feeling adventurous for more SRD!

I also have enjoyed the Last Chronicles, liking them even better than the Second Chronicles (though not better than the First Chronicles).

Hope you will feel free to post all over the Watch, on whatever takes your interest, and once again, welcome! :welcome: :yeehaa: :letsparty:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Welcome Treasure Buries ... clever nic 👌

My better half is registered here as Treasure Berries 😉 fun fact lol 😂 though he has not visited in many a long year.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Treasure Buries
Servant of the Land

Skyweir wrote:Welcome Treasure Buries ... clever nic 👌

My better half is registered here as Treasure Berries 😉 fun fact lol 😂 though he has not visited in many a long year.
Nice! It was a real spur of the moment "think of a pun name" thing. I am one who always seeks puns / wordplay.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Yo, TB.

:wave:

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Treasure Buries wrote:
Skyweir wrote:Welcome Treasure Buries ... clever nic 👌

Nice! It was a real spur of the moment "think of a pun name" thing. I am one who always seeks puns / wordplay.
Ah...

You and the co-mod of The Summonsing, Savor Dam, will get along just fine.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Treasure Buries wrote:
Sadly, no - I have not read anything else from SRD besides the first two Chronicles.

My fantasy reading phase was mostly as a teenager, around age 14-16. I had a bit of a resurgence of BUYING some more used fantasy books about 10 years ago but didn't really read any, ha.

Back during my real phase of it, in addition to Chronicles I also got into Shanarra, Xanth, Magic Kingdom for Sale, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Actually, I did "read" (audiobook) a new fantasy/sci-fi series - as in, new to me - within the last couple of years. I discovered the Pride of Channur and enjoyed the audiobook of that quite a lot.
If you like mysteries, Treasure Buries, Stephen R. Donaldson has written a series about a very self-judgmental detective named "Brew", who struggles with alcoholism instead of leprosy, and I've enjoyed them as well. (Those books are The Man Who Killed His Brother, The Man Who Risked His Partner, The Man Who Tried To Get Away, and The Man Who Fought Alone, and I found them enjoyable. They are discussed in the forum General SRD Discussion and Other Works,along with his short stories and novellas. Just in case you're interested in some other kind of fiction he's done.)
Treasure Buries
Servant of the Land

Cord Hurn wrote:
Treasure Buries wrote:

If you like mysteries, Treasure Buries, Stephen R. Donaldson has written a series about a very self-judgmental detective named "Brew", who struggles with alcoholism instead of leprosy, and I've enjoyed them as well. (Those books are The Man Who Killed His Brother, The Man Who Risked His Partner, The Man Who Tried To Get Away, and The Man Who Fought Alone, and I found them enjoyable. They are discussed in the forum General SRD Discussion and Other Works,along with his short stories and novellas. Just in case you're interested in some other kind of fiction he's done.)
Those do sound interesting. Guessing they probably aren't available as audiobook though?

I will look into them. Thanks.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Alas, Donaldson's The Man Who mysteries aren't available as audiobooks at this time. :(

Post by Avatar »

Skyweir wrote:My better half is registered here as Treasure Berries 😉 fun fact lol 😂 though he has not visited in many a long year.
Wait what? I thought he was Rivenrock?

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Anyone know how many Watchers have significant others who are also members?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
EnvoyPV
Servant of the Land

Oops

Post by EnvoyPV »

Well, I made my own Intro topic instead of posting here. Guess I need to read more closely. Hi all!
-Love one another-
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Hello, EnvoyPV! Welcome to the Watch!

When I came to the Watch, I posted in this thread rather than creating my own, because I interpreted the "Here" in the "Say Hello in Here:)" part of this thread's title to refer to this thread rather than to this forum. Several of us have assumed that as new members. Maybe both interpretations are correct.

Anyway, hope you feel welcome to post all over the place!

Post by Avatar »

Eh, doesn't matter. :D This is just to give an alternative when people don't want to start a whole topic just to say hi, but we don't care which option they select, or indeed, whether they do both. :D

Every post is sacred after all. ;)

Welcome again. :D

--A
EnvoyPV
Servant of the Land

Post by EnvoyPV »

Thanks folks! :-) And nice Monty Python reference, Avatar.
-Love one another-

Return to “The Summonsing”