alphabetize member list?

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

pietten
Servant of the Land

alphabetize member list?

Post by pietten »

maybe it's my ego, but in the other forum I participate in, there's a very handy way of clicking on my name to check my recent posts and see who has responded. Clicking on my avatar in the left does it, but I can't do it here. Their memberlist is arranged alphabetically, but this one seems to be arranged by date joined (which is annoying, if you find a poster you resonate with and want to look for all their contributions, but have no idea when they joined relative to others...) no doubt there's an easier way to do this than what I have been doing (where my own name is the most recent posting to a forum, I can click there to get the option to "display all threads by pietten") and since I am new here I haven't quite figured it out yet. Sorry if I'm bringing up an already hashed-out topic.
*proudly displays forum ignorance*
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

You can do that here: Go to the Membership list-and find the "Select sort method" box then click "username" and it will alphabetize... 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

there's a function called 'egosearch' which isn't exactly what you want but is similar - on the main index, click 'View your posts' at the top (above the 'Last Post' column), and you get a list of all the topics you've posted in, ordered by the date of the last reply, and it marks topics read or unread with the coloured icons, so you can see easily which topics that you posted in have had new replies to them. The reason it's not exactly what you wanted is that it does this for every topic you've ever posted in, not just your recent posts.
pietten
Servant of the Land

Post by pietten »

thank you both
-eh "egosearch" indeed - now I remember that's what it was called in the old version of my other forum (they were using this very software...)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Also, if you want to check out posts by an individual member, just click on that person's name, and you will see a place on their profile that says "see all posts by this person" ... click on that and it will bring up all of that person's posts, newest first.
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”