Has Smallville lost its way?

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Has Smallville gone the wrong way?

Yes, back to the origins story!!!
55%
No, we like the sappy by-story!
No votes
Where's Smallville?
9%
I am Darth.
36%

Total votes: 11

Baradakas
Lord

Has Smallville lost its way?

Post by Baradakas »

I loved this show for all three seasons, but it seems the longer the show goes it incorporates more innuendo, (some might call it "chemistry"). I started watching this show because I love Superman, but lately it seems to be less about Clark and Lex, and more about the latest stupid strumpet, i.e. Lois/Lana/Cloe etc. The storyline is suffering as well, with less heart pounding confrontation and more sickly-sweet moments between Clark and some stupid girl too dumb to figure out that Clark was 50 miles away she was screaming for help on her cellphone, and arrives 10 seconds later to save her like duex ex machina or something.

GET ON WITH THE CLARK/LEX STORY ALREADY!!!! :x :x :x

Your thoughts?
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Can I vote twice on the "I am Darth." option?
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

NO. :P

;)

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I haven't like it since it started but as a purist I'm biased. The story line is so far off of the DC mythos that I just can't handle it. I mean, Lana is not a red-head, for crying out loud? And just who the heck is Chloe supposed to be anyways?

But Lex is cool.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I've only seen it a few times, in the early days, but if what you've said is true, Baradakas...it needs to get back to the plot.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yeah, the only good eps are about Clark and Lex. Way too often (from the beginning), the plot consists of some previously unmentioned student gaining some power by kryptonite then being killed and or locked up in the end. Throw in a couple of deaths to other previously unmentioned characters some kind of friction between Clark and Lana, and voila. Bonus points if you add more subtext to Lex and Lionel's relationship. Extra bonus points if Clark gets mad or acts (morally) superior because somebody wasn't honest. Super extra bonus points if there's some problem with the Kents being poor.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

:LOLS:

lhaughlhann
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by lhaughlhann »

I only ever saw the first season, but from what i have heard from people (and read here) Im glad.
"The universe does not give first warnings. Or second chances."

Go-OpenSource
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I will say that Lionel's recent transformation into a "redeemed" man was interesting and could supply the show with a little more spiritual depth.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

:x

Bloody hell, I was so annoyed at Lana having witchy ancestors and she turning all evil and blah blah blah. That Kryptonite's having an affect on people is perfectly understandable and it suits the story but get a grip, damnit! That annoyed me immensely.

And Superboy should learn to fly. Soon. It's not like he hasn't done it before, what, three times?

And Lois is cool, she should hang around more. :P
"What is your impression on Alar?"
"He's concealing something."
"Like what?"
"I'm not sure, he's concealing it."
Teal'c & O'Neill, SG-1
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

I have wanted to slap Lana from the beginning.

And Clark for being sucked into her doe eyed web of uselessness.

Sigh.

The story is the relationship with Lex and Clark.

The thing with all these people getting kryptonite induced powers is annoying. Why would Clark be special? Every dorky kid in Smallville has a super power or glows in the dark or something.

Why bother to hide his powers?

To be fair, I haven't watched it for over a year--just got sick of TV in general and don't watch anything any more.

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Yeah, the krypto-mutants got old very quickly, but more than that the "chemistry" which is nothing more than Teen Hormones: Attack of the Libido, irritates me even more. I have pretty much stopped watching a show that started out as dynamic and original (much like Lois and Clark), but petered out into stupid sap-drenched ridiculousness. (much like Lois and Clark)

Return to “TV Shows”