Foul's Sing-a-long

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Worm of Despite
Lord

Foul's Sing-a-long

Post by Worm of Despite »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere have we yet posted that oh-so-original "what is your favorite song" thread! Well, oh me, that won't sit...

Favorite song: Kashmir, by Led Zeppelin
Favorite album: Dark Side of the Moon
Favorite band: Zeppelin again
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

true.

song: sober
album: undertow
band: tool

there's tons of music out there i love, some that i even think is better, but nothing that can recreate the feeling i have for this album. if i excluded tool, though... and A Perfect Circle... let's see

this would probably all change depending on the day, but...
song: One by Metallica
album: Dirt by Alice in Chains
band: Nine Inch Nails (really close tie between NIN, Alice in Chains,
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Mick Axbrewder
Servant of the Land

Re: Foul's Sing-a-long

Post by Mick Axbrewder »

Lord Foul wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere have we yet posted that oh-so-original "what is your favorite song" thread! Well, oh me, that won't sit...

Favorite song: Kashmir, by Led Zeppelin
Favorite album: Dark Side of the Moon
Favorite band: Zeppelin again
I always pictured Lord Foul as more of a New Age fan - smell of attar and sweet corruption, etc. This sounds more like Drool.

Post by Guest »

Now come on--you expect a southerner from Georgia who played football and wrestling to like NEW AGE?! I don't know what part of the country you're in--or what dimension--but in this neck of the woods, folks like me listen to CLASSIC ROCK! It's all opinion--till you call my stuff "Drool". Geez, got me so worked up I had to use a school computer!! Zeppelin's not drool! They're variety--one of the first loud rock and roll bands that were more about ATTITUDE than VOLUME. They are the gods--the ones who made it all right to play heavy rock on the radio! How dare you! New Age?! Boy George?! No thanks!!! :x

Bah, I have to keep going. Zeppelin had so much variety! They had all kinds of different flavors of their music, all kinds of influences--reggae, Indian, you name it! And you call them drool, when they're the biggest influence since The Beatles.

BLAH, now I'm late.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Favorite (instramental) song: Soundchasher (Yes)
Favorite song: In a Daydream (Freddie Jones Band)
Favorite album: Opium (Ottmar Liebert--dvd double set)
Favorite band: Neil Young and Crazy Horse
Last edited by danlo on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Favorite Song: Red Hill Mining Town (U2)
Favorite Album: Achtung Baby(U2) / Adore (Smashing Pumpkins)
Favorite band: U2 / Smashing Pumpkins

This is very difficult. I feel guilty because there is so many songs/albums/bands that I love and to say I like one more than another is like asking me to choose which of my children I like more (although I don't actually have any children...but if I did I bet that's how it would feel!)! :wink:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill

Return to “Vespers”