My request

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Loredoctor
Lord

My request

Post by Loredoctor »

Jay,
I have served you well as a moderator, and though I have been naughty from time to time and have written pretentious, yet brilliant, posts, I would like to make a request. Would it be possible to add a 19th century literature forum in the Library? I would humbly ask to moderate it. I know it would be popular because there are many fans, like myself, of 19th century literature.
Please Jay . . . . I beg of thee!
hierachy
Lord

Re: My request

Post by hierachy »

Loremaster wrote:Jay,
I have served you well as a moderator, and though I have been naughty from time to time and have written pretentious, yet brilliant, posts, I would like to make a request. Would it be possible to add a 19th century literature forum in the Library? I would humbly ask to moderate it. I know it would be popular because there are many fans, like myself, of 19th century literature.
LOL!

I would say give it up... but Jay set him self right up for this one with all his "I'll do anything if you ask enough times" :P

I once talked to someone online who said he was a "writer of 19th century literature" :P
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I remember there was some interest in this when it was brought up in the Mindmeld (a long time ago... do we still need that, btw?).
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Since Terry Goodkind/Terry Brooks/unneccesary-and-shameless-Tolkien rip-off was allowed a forum, I humbly suggest a Lemony Snicket Forum. You see, when the powers of a Lemony Snicket Forum and a Terry Goodperson Shannara Forum combine, the Arch of Time breaks. Yes, no, maybe?
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

Yer all a bunch of crazies. You all need a counseling board, to work your craziness out. Ya crazies. Writing 19th century literature... crazies....
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Hehe...ok, ok, just let me think about this for a little bit, ok? Because we have to have some sort of control and structure here for forums. A 19th Century Lit forum just seems so random. What about 18th Century? Or 15th? Heh.

Heh, well, when I said that "I'll do anything that you ask", I sort of meant it as a joke. Sure, I tend to do whatever people ask, but that's not really a "good" thing...heh.

So yeah...just let me think about it for now. I appreciate comments or ideas, though.-jay
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

I think we need a High Lord's editorial corner or something. That'd be good times. "From the Desk of the High Lord" (right next to the Krill)
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

kevinswatch wrote:Hehe...ok, ok, just let me think about this for a little bit, ok? Because we have to have some sort of control and structure here for forums. A 19th Century Lit forum just seems so random. What about 18th Century? Or 15th? Heh.

Heh, well, when I said that "I'll do anything that you ask", I sort of meant it as a joke. Sure, I tend to do whatever people ask, but that's not really a "good" thing...heh.

So yeah...just let me think about it for now. I appreciate comments or ideas, though.-jay
Perhaps then a Classics section?
Metal-Demon
Giantfriend

Post by Metal-Demon »

A Classics Forum?? That would be great!!! :D
-- I've learnt everything I need to know about life just by listening to RUSH --
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hey what about my Thomas Pynchon, Tom Clancy, Danielle Steel, Kurt Vonegutt, Dean Knootz, Jacqueline Susanne & Valdimir Nabokov comparative works forum idea??? :P
Last edited by danlo on Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Arghhhh!!!!!! ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Yes the 1st thread will be called: Similarities in style and plot developement between Valley of the Dolls and Gravity's Rainbow :P
fall far and well Pilots!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

danlo wrote:Yes the 1st thread will be called: Similarities in style and plot developement between Valley of the Dolls and Gravity's Rainbow :P
ROFLMAO!!!!! :lol:
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

ROTFL! Wow, I'm getting a lot of flack, aren't I? Well, I think I've come up with an equitable solution...
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

And for the record, I like the idea of a Classics Forum, but I've done enough damage throwing my weight around (see, I knew I'd end up doing this sooner or later), so I'm just gonna sit on my hands from now on.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Heh, oh, don't worry about it. I actually thought the Terry VS Terry Forum idea wasn't too bad. Mainly since I wanted to know what other people thought about those stupid series before I even bothered thinking about reading more.

But yeah, if you expand 19th Century Forum idea into a Classics Forum I would probably be down with that.-jay
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Having been given the High Lord's not-so-official "PM of approval," the Classics Forum is now up and running.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thanks! Excellent! very excited. Now do you need a mod? hint hint ;) ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Re: My request

Post by Revan »

Loremaster wrote:Jay,
I used to read a lot of 19th century literature... indeed, I was quite a fan. Then lost interest when I got a life. :P ;)
Khat
The Gap Into Spam

From the Desk of...

Post by Khat »

From the desk of Lord Foul:
You see, when the powers of a Lemony Snicket Forum and a Terry Goodperson Shannara Forum combine, the Arch of Time breaks. Yes, no, maybe?
Now we know who to blame when the arch of time trembles and shakes ---
It will be all of us laughing at his jest
You crack me up... :haha:
[spoiler]"...the loveliness of the Land has only grown more precious to me as my senses have been
opened...To turn homeward now would be to pass from treasure-berries to dust."
-- Liand to Linden [P324 Runes][/spoiler]

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”