Interesting Pics

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Interesting Pics

Post by Romeo »

Recently received some rather interesting pictures via email. Photographer (and graphic editor) unknown. I put them into two web slide shows:

1. Fish Found After Tsunami

www.eccker.org/TsunamiFishPics/

I believe that these are all real, untouched/unedited pictures of things either found on shore, or (it appears) caught in fishermen's nets after the recent tsunami. These are really the kinds of things that live deep deep in the ocean. Some of them I've never seen before, but I have seen enough similar pictures for most of them to lead me to believe they're all real.

2. Cloning Experiments Gone Bad

www.eccker.org/CloningPics/

Needless to say (I hope...), these are not real pictures. But I have to tip my hat to whoever did the digital editing. It's a great job!
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

:lol: :lol: Those cloning pictures were great. A couple of them are pretty convincing.

Can't vouch for the names of the fish, but I've seen pics of most of them before. Definitely real! Funny how you almost never seen all the "ugly" fish during ocean documentaries. They always make out like the ocean's one giant reef filled with dolphins and clownfish...
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've seen a lot of those fish pictures before - a couple of weeks before the tsunami, in fact. As far as I'm aware, they're all real. there were more of them, but I don't remember the site.

And a puffin with a baboons mouth and cats head? The mind boggles...
Ingvanye
Servant of the Land

weird creatures

Post by Ingvanye »

My son and I have just laughed our brains out at the puffin with the mouth. After the first two, the eagle-dog which looks quite noble and gryphon like, and the fluffy cat-dog, the bizarre mouth in the middle of the puffin's body brings to mind 'Crumb' from "Real Monsters". We laughed until we choked. the dog with the orangutang face was a crackup too. But that puffin........still laughing.
"...in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever..."
Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

Nice pictures. The puffin one makes me feel vaguely terrified... Perhaps because it's so monstrous while also looking realistic.
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Ingvanye
Servant of the Land

Post by Ingvanye »

Actually, my daughter and I were just discussing Eminem, and she said he looks like 'one of those weasel things that hangs out in trees and eats nuts'. That sounds like it should be in one of the 'Bad Cloning' photos. Anyone know what she's talking about?
"...in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever..."
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

An ugly squirrel?
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Very good pictures
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

The puffin was terrifying! 8O But I loooove the pugchimp and the griffin. Beautiful work, on all of it! (Though I did think the dogparrot's forked tongue was a bit much! :lol:)
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Khat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Khat »

Some of the fish remind me of the "Finding Nemo" movie.
The Cloned pictures were well done - that graphic artist sure had fun in photoshop!!

Picture 2 is my favorite there.
[spoiler]"...the loveliness of the Land has only grown more precious to me as my senses have been
opened...To turn homeward now would be to pass from treasure-berries to dust."
-- Liand to Linden [P324 Runes][/spoiler]

Return to “General Discussion Forum”