Robotech

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Loredoctor
Lord

Robotech

Post by Loredoctor »

Any fans of this amazing anime series? I'm currently buying the dvds. Opinions on the best series? Alien race?

Macross was definitely the best saga, but my favourite alien race would have to be the Invid.
The Pumpkin King
<i>Haruchai</i>
Location: If I knew that, I wouldn't be here, would I? ;) Or, really, would I? Gaaaahh...

Re: Robotech

Post by The Pumpkin King »

Loremaster wrote:Any fans of this amazing anime series? I'm currently buying the dvds. Opinions on the best series? Alien race?

Macross was definitely the best saga, but my favourite alien race would have to be the Invid.
I personally prefer the original season, or whatever they call it, as it's "based upon" (IE: Ripped from) Macross. And Macross was very, very good.

Aside from the few name changes, most everything was kept relatively intact, so it didn't anger me as much as it did others.

Valkyries make me warm inside. :D

In any case, as far as anime goes, I've been watching Gundam SEED Destiny. It's the sequel to Gundam SEED, and generally better in all regards.
Go Godzilla, go!
Jurassic Lizard Superstar Hero
Go Godzilla, go!
For the people, for the planet!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Hmmm. From what I hear, Southern Cross and Mospeada were big flops in Japan; Harmony Gold made the sequels popular.

Is it possible to get the original version of Macross with English dubbing?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
The Pumpkin King
<i>Haruchai</i>
Location: If I knew that, I wouldn't be here, would I? ;) Or, really, would I? Gaaaahh...

Loremaster wrote:Hmmm. From what I hear, Southern Cross and Mospeada were big flops in Japan; Harmony Gold made the sequels popular.

Is it possible to get the original version of Macross with English dubbing?
I have no idea, unfortunately. I've never seen it. >.<

From what I know though, no. I believe Harmony Gold still owns the rights to the original Macross in the US.

I do, however, believe that Macross 7, Macross Plus, and maybe in the future, Macross Zero are available here.

And yeah, Sothern Cross was, really. Mospeada, less-so...

Macross was merely the most popular of shows to be turned into something different when they reach our shores.

Gatchaman is another example of such (It was turned into both G-Force and Battle of the Planets)
Go Godzilla, go!
Go Godzilla, go!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Southern Cross, to be honest, was pretty bad. Nothing compares to Macross.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
The Pumpkin King
<i>Haruchai</i>

Except, perhaps, the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

That show was revolutionary when it first came out.
Go Godzilla, go!
Go Godzilla, go!

Return to “TV Shows”