duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince Cover Art

Post by duchess of malfi »

Love as thou wilt.

Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Oooooh... is that the pensieve, or something else? Very cool. I like the way these covers are getting darker and darker.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Looks cool - thanks for the link!
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Ooooh Cool!!! Thanks Duchess! :D Mmmmmm, things to ponder......what are they doing with that cauldron?? And even cartoony Harry looks like a teenager now. He doesn't look like a little boy anymore, I love it!
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

nooooo!!!!! i was gonna post it!!!

heheh...anyway, yeah...i like the last one better...but this ones pretty cool...cant wait for it to come out...
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

The UK ones are cool too. :D
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Ariadoss
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ariadoss »

Well thanks to Katie (one of my websites users) for the notice and the pics. Just click the links below to check out the high resolution pictures of the new Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince book covers:

American Edition

UK Adult Edition

UK Child Edition

I didn't post the images directly into the forum cause they really are huge, aproximately 1 MB per cover. Also I don't want to waste too much of my sites bandwidth. So if you re-use the images please save them to your computer and upload them somewhere else. :D
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

heh, cool. Thanks for the info. 8)

Do you reckon you could find any more info on this book? that'd be cool. :)
Ariadoss
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ariadoss »

Yeah I'm planning on writing an article about it but MYSQL is down on my server, turns out I misconfigured one of my settings. I'm assuming its my max_connections, I think it might need to be set a lot higher number. I'll update you guys when I get more info about it, about Harry Potter that is. ;)
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Ooooh, cover art foreshadowing.... looks like Harry's gonna get over being mad at Dumbledore. I can't wait to read this book. Only 126 days to go.

*taps foot impatiently*
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Ariadoss
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ariadoss »

I got enough books to read while I wait, I have this annoying of having to read every book an author I like ever wrote, so yes sometimes I don’t quite ready every book (like with C.S. Lewis) but I do read a lot like I read 44 of Madeleine L’Engle’s books and I believe she wrote 46 total. Thank God I haven't picked up Asimov! I think I'm going to limit the books I read to those the said author writes for the genre of the specific book. Anyway I'm rambling off topic now I forgot that my site already had a page (with a lot of broken links) about HBP:
www.usharrypotter.com/info-Harry_Potter ... rince.ushp

Enjoy :D!
Ariadoss
Woodhelvennin

Post by Ariadoss »

I found some even larger pics:
Scholastic (U.S.) edition - www.hpana-media.com/images/news/18529/h ... lastic.jpg

Bloomsbury/Raincoast (UK/Canada) children's edition - www.hpana-media.com/images/news/18529/h ... ildren.jpg

Bloomsbury/Raincoast (UK/Canada) adult edition - www.hpana-media.com/images/news/18529/hbp-uk-adult.jpg

By large I mean 1000 X 1000 + pixels. ;)

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”