Title says it all. For me, it's anything having to do with school. Boring! :Z:
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Arg!!! That was me. :?
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

I usually get bored by doing routine tasks that have no real meaning. Filling in forms when there is nothing to fill in them etc.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Post by Sevothtarte »

Routine tasks where you don't have to concentrate are Ok, cause you can let your mind wander ... what I hate are repetetive tasks where you have to concentrate for a long time on totally boring things. Like comparing lists, for example.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

It took me years to realize that I don't get bored by anything. It seems that I'm just in a mood sometimes, and I'm bored no matter what. Other times, I can be doing any horribly uninteresting, repetitious thing, but I'm happily thinking about other things. Maybe TCTC :) :)
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Long periods of inactivity without being able to do anything about it. Example, when it's slow at work, then its boring. Can't just pack up and go home, got to stick it out.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I always have a book, so I'm never bored. The most boring time of my life, tho... bootcamp. Sure, the first couple of weeks you're too tired to be bored, but after that... I read the new testament seven times (nobody ever handed out a free old testament, and the only books you're allowed are religous ones. i considered telling my RDC that reading the chronicles is a religious experience for me, but decided against it), and I'm agnostic!

Cor II 11:17
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I get incredibly bored when Tamara watches any and all 'reality' based shows on network TV. Syl what does RDC mean? Religious Duties Conselor? And ur ref 2 Cor II is highly interesting--any1 else care 2 tell us why? (I have an incredibly strange, true, story of how I discovered that passage in the NAVY (OMG!) in '80 when I came very close 2 dying [medically not militarily] )
Last edited by danlo on Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Sylvanus wrote: I read the new testament seven times (nobody ever handed out a free old testament, and the only books you're allowed are religous ones. i considered telling my RDC that reading the chronicles is a religious experience for me, but decided against it
Once I had a free Bible sent to me for ordering some magazines, the only Bible in the house. I've never read it through, but rather, read a story or parable as they are mentioned in passing.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

RDC = Recruit Division Commander... navy equivalent of Drill Instructor since about '92-ish.

I always took it to mean that if you're going to call me an idiot, then humor me, give me the leeway you would an idiot and not dismiss what i'm saying straight offhand. I may just surprise you. I've always wondered what take other people had on it. I'm dying to hear the story, Danlo.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

The only time I get bored is when my asthma gets bad and the docs banish me to bed for a week or so at a time. I usually can't stand it and end up going to work anyway. :roll:
Love as thou wilt.

fightingmyinstincts
Giantfriend

re

Post by fightingmyinstincts »

Sometimes I just get in supremely bored moods for no reason. It's best just to shoot me.
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."
TC to Bannor, LFB
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ugghhh danlo!! I HATE reality tv!!

hate with a passion .. and yeah I cant even sit in a room where someone's watching a dumb reality show!!

I feel like poking a red hot iron through my cornea!! :|

but I guess thats more irrtitated than bored eh? .. it is boring too .. so I guess its both *shrug* :wink: :wink:

I get bored when there's nothing to do .. but there's always things to do .. so maybe its more accurately when there's nothing to do that I like :wink:

I dont actually have a lot of time for boredom .. but I do sometimes procrastinate important stuff I have to do .. and boredom then is an attractive alternative :wink: :wink:

but that always leads to trouble .. and never ends real well for me :wink: :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I don't watch reality tv shows, but I got a look at Bruce Jenner in that I'm a "Celebrity" Get Me Out of Here! (my quotes) show. He sure looked like a walking corpse. :hairs:
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Geeze I don't kno if I can tell the story in a nutshell and do it justice, but I'll try. In 1980, When I was an instructor in Pensacola (which is a weird and semi-magical island all it's own), I used 2 wander the junkyards alot where all the remnants of the destruction of hurricane Fredrick were piled. One night a the beginning of a party at a friends house everytime I put my beer down I fell off the arm of his couch and passed out. After the 3rd time I apologized profusely and took a cab home. On the 2nd flight of stairs up 2 my barracks something popped real loud in my right leg near the groin an I barely made it back 2 my room through intense pain. My roomate was on his way out 4 a night on the town and I asked him if he would wake me up when he got back cause I seriously thought I had a hernia. I woke up at 6am and my lower right leg looked like it had been put in a microwave 4 15 minutes. After wandering around 1/2 the base, with 6 swords stuck in my brain, I finally ended up in the main dispensary where I quickly passed out from pain and fever. I woke up at the base Hospital w/a Dr. holding a long glass tube over me saying "we even did a spinal tap and can't figure out what's wrong w/u...", I said :x "put that back dammit! I need that!" :D

I was there 4 2weeks and broke 3 fevers of 106, 105 and 104 when I broke the 105 a voice in my head (sounding suspiciously like LF's) simply said "Go back 2 Albuquerque". Later they told me that, not only I should have died but, I had suffered a major lymphatic infection and staph celluitus. They had 2 pump 1 million ccs of penicillin though me in 2 weeks b4 I could recover and walk again. The weirdest thing they told me was that the infection was caused by a very rare bacteria called Staph streptococus which only "breeds" w/the right mixture of rust and salt...hence the junk yard connection...but I informed them that I had no cuts or open wounds and always wore my utilities and steeltoe boots while wandering. After hearing that they sent a psych 2 me who suggested that I made up the disease in my head! I said "oh yeah, I subconciously decided 2 die out of the blue so I invented a bacteria I never heard of...whatever!"

6 month's later, after I left the Navy and returned 2 Albq. it happened AGAIN, but in my left leg, and after I woke up in the Hosp. and broke 105 (again) the xact same voice came back and said "Am I haunting u still?", I said "No" kinda dumbly and bravely, but let's face it I was totally freaked @ that point! 8O (all this inside my head) and THEN it said "look in Corithians II 4 3 different definitions of Hell". (I am not kidding when I tell u that aside from Genesis and mayb Revelations I had never read the Old OR New Testaments in my life!) 6 months after that I found a bible and completely freaked after I read that passage... 8O 8O 8O
Last edited by danlo on Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Talk about keeping a guy in suspense. Worth the wait, though. Anything more to the story?
-George Steiner
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

you gotta read the passage syl!! :wink: :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
pitchwife
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by pitchwife »

Wow, Danlo, your story gave me goose flesh all over.

Can someone post that passage for the benfit of those heretics that don't have a bible at home...

-pitch
We are who we are - and what we are not, we will never become
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

You can download a version of the bible from

www.promo.net/pg

That is the Project Gutenberg website. Just search for "Bible" and you will get a list of choices.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I tried but I think it would be helpful if we had the reference again

.. danlo posted
Corithians II 4 3

but I checked out 2nd Corinthians 4:3, thinking that was the correct reference .. and that didnt talk about hell .. but said if the 'gospel be hid, it is hid from them that are lost'

So then I looked in 1st Corin 4:3 and that verse talks about man's judgement .. and also didnt seem to relate. So I am not exactly sure which verse danlo is referring to ..
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “General Discussion Forum”