If it doesn't rain.....it pours

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Vain
Nom

If it doesn't rain.....it pours

Post by Vain »

I have been somewhat absent of late :( My daughter broke her arm at kindercare on Monday and we wuz back at the hospital on Tuesday until 3am wednesday as she suddenly took ill - we figured it was related but it appears to have been a different bug altogether.

I'm not sure who all here has kids but it's quite sad I suppose that in todays world we need to leave our kids in the care of others from a young age.
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

Hospitals are full of bugs. I am not surprised she took ill after visiting there. Did she stay overnight too?
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Yes, hospitals can be quite dangerous places in that way. :(

Is she OK now???

I always hate it when my kids get hurt/sick. I always wish I could take their places...and all three times one of my kids has gotten injured seriously enough to have to go to the hospital it's been on school property. :?
Love as thou wilt.

Sevothtarte
Giantfriend
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distinguishing feature

Re: If it doesn't rain.....it pours

Post by Sevothtarte »

Vain wrote:as she suddenly took ill - we figured it was related but it appears to have been a different bug altogether.
Related to her breaking her arm? You got some really nasty bugs down there. ;)
I'm not sure who all here has kids but it's quite sad I suppose that in todays world we need to leave our kids in the care of others from a young age.
It's even more sad many people seem to be quite happy about being able to leave their kids in the care of others all the time. :(

Hope her arm isn't too bad and you're all feeling a bit better by now. :)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Re: If it doesn't rain.....it pours

Post by Fist and Faith »

Vain wrote:I have been somewhat absent of late :( My daughter broke her arm at kindercare on Monday and we wuz back at the hospital on Tuesday until 3am wednesday as she suddenly took ill - we figured it was related but it appears to have been a different bug altogether.
I'm so sorry to hear about all this! :( Since my first was born, I've been pretty equally divided between the extraordinary joy of the greatest kind of love I can imagine, and terror at the thought of all the horrible things that can happen. (My wife thinks I might have an actual problem with dwelling on the bad possibilities, but that's life.)
My wife's parents pushed her to become a pharmacist. She hated the classes, and hates the profession. But it lets her work part-time, making as much as I do full-time. Just a few evenings a week, after I get home, so we can do it without sitters.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Thanks guys :) She's heaps better now - but has discovered that it itches 8O And yep - she stayed overnight :cry:

Fist - You're not alone. When my son was born, I absolutely imagined the worst of everything and despite all the trials and tribulations, I wouldn't give them up for the world (which should go without saying) but I know I would physically and mentally be capable of obliterating anything/anybody that threatened them in any serious way

Sev - I promise to move off my square ;)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Well, Vain, if you made it through this past week with your daughter, you'll probably survive until your babies hit puberty. And then it gets really rough. 8O
Love as thou wilt.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”