Games You're Eagerly Awaiting

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The Lone Wolf game... *gasp, reel*
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

My grandfather played a few holes of Wii golf. He plays golf in real-life, so he's actually better at it than me. He has a good sense of how hard to hit the ball.

As for me: I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy religiously. I want to take my time--to make it last--but I just can't stop playing. It's that good. I must devour it. I haven't played Team Fortress 2 since I got it, and I used to play it every night.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

i believe i'm gonna have to buy Gothic 3. 8)
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Worm of Despite
Lord

Most reviewers panned Gothic 3. It's well-known as a buggy and disappointing game. The system requirements are also inordinately high.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

I Just played Fallout 2 and PS: Torment again. GOD I want to play Fallout 3 so bad it burns when I pee.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

The Dreaming wrote:I Just played Fallout 2 and PS: Torment again. GOD I want to play Fallout 3 so bad it burns when I pee.
That might be radiation sickness. You should probably invest in a geiger counter.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am not looking forward to the Force Unleashed game. It looks like a physics demo. Anyway, can't we have a Star Wars game where you don't play a Jedi. I am getting sick of Jedis and Lightsabers.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

Playing as Darth Vaders Sith protege seems very interesting to me. Having only played Jedi Knight Outcast and Jedi Academy this seems like a natural progression of things to me. They've expanded and refined the Force powers and environmental aspects of combat in some intriguing ways too. The only thing I don't like about this, and about a trend I've been seeing lately, is that too many games are being made for consoles only, or being ported from console to pc, which usually just sucks. The PC gamer is starting to get some short shrift, and I despise all you consolers with a passion for it! :evil:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I will be picking up Universe at War: Earth Assault this afternoon. :)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Worm of Despite
Lord

StarCraft II. The only real-time strategy game to garner my attention. I hope it retains the original's flair for story, as well as the simple, chess-like game mechanics.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Oh, and Sins of a Solar Empire is waiting for me.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Lost Odyssey

Age of Conan (although regretfully I probably won't be able to pay the monthly fee and the US version will lack nipples, but I await it all the same)

Dawn of War: Soulstorm (Three words: Sisters. Of. Battle.)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

JazFusion wrote:Dawn of War: Soulstorm (Three words: Sisters. Of. Battle.)
Dark Eldar for me, although I suspect I will be playing as the Necrons first.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I ended up not getting all that far into DoW Dark Crusade because I got to a point where the enemy always started with two or three bases to my one. I got sick of having to pause the game every few seconds to micromanage, no fun.

I loved playing the Necrons though, my favourite trick was to spearhead an attack with the Necron Lord and equip him with a resurrection orb. The enemy would crush my attack and then send the whole thing back out to smash my base again. Once they were hitting my base, I'd pop the resurrection orb and I'd have a brand new army right on the enemy's doorstep!

I would like to have a crack at the Dark Eldar though, they were almost enough to get me playing 40k again when they were first released.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
The Dreaming
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Dreaming »

Loremaster wrote:Oh, and Sins of a Solar Empire is waiting for me.
Uhg, I am drawn to it, but I can't really afford new software. But it's pulling. The reviews are so glowing, and I am such a strategy fiend...
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I'm embarassed because I'm such a Lost mark, but...Lost...the videogame. I've preordered it by one day, so I should get it soon. For some reason it is $20 cheaper on the PC than the other game systems I don't have anyway. Or at least it was. I'll let you know if it is anything like the X Files games. Those have kinda sucked. Actually, I take it back...I did kind of enjoy the first one. Really didn't the second one though. I expect the Lost game to suck, but I'm hoping for at least a bit of fun from it, and maybe I can get the girlfriend to actually join me, since she's a big fan too, but she hates videogames (except Karaoke Revolution, DDR and any exercise game).
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Worm of Despite
Lord

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm not a fan of fighting games, but this game reminds me of Soul Calibur: feature-heavy, great graphics, and not a by-the-numbers sequel. There's only one review out, but it says that Brawl's a drastic improvement over Melee and the most fun Smash Bros. yet.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

The top 10 games that I'm looking forward to:

10. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

-jay
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

The Dreaming wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Oh, and Sins of a Solar Empire is waiting for me.
Uhg, I am drawn to it, but I can't really afford new software. But it's pulling. The reviews are so glowing, and I am such a strategy fiend...
The name alone is really awesome, I am gonna have to check up on the specs and figure out if I can play it.

EDIT-Covenant, do you know when the Lone Wolf game comes out, whether it's for the PC or a video game system, and (if for PC) what the required system specs are?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

:biggrin:

Return to “PC & Console Games”