For those of you interested in time travel...

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Luke The Unbeliever
<i>Elohim</i>

For those of you interested in time travel...

Post by Luke The Unbeliever »

Here's a site I thought a lot of you would find interesting.
It's devoted to a self proclaimed Time Traveler that showed up on a message board a couple years back and had some well thought out explanations, as well as schematics for his time machine among other things. He eventually disappeared...Back to the future !

www.johntitor.com/

I found it to be a pretty cool deal...so I figured I'd pass it along.
Brian: Who cured you?
Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.
Brian: Well, why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?
Ex-Leper: Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the @$$ to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I've only read a little of it so far. It's REALLY cool stuff! John does a great job answering so many questions!

It also reminds me of an episode of Barney Miller where they had a guy in the cell that claimed to be from the future. After listening to him go on about various things for a while, Barney said, "Of course, you realize we don't believe anything you're saying?" "Oh, yes. That's why I can tell you."
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”