Problems with the forum

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Problems with the forum

Post by MsMary »

I have noticed two problems with the forum. One of them everyone seems to be having, the other may be peculiar to Foamfollower 1013 and myself.

1) The forum doesn't log you in unless you click the box next to "Log me in automatically each time I visit this forum." (I may not have the exact wording right.
It seems to log you in, and even showed me my private message mailbox, but when I look at the "login/logout" icon at the top of the forum it shows me as "not logged in," and when I post my post comes up as "Anonymous" instead of "MsMary."

I know that others have had this problem, because I have seen other "Anonymous" posts where the member expressed surprise at having been logged in as "Anonymous."

2) Foamfollower 1013 and I log in from the same computer. On several occasions, I have been unable to logout Foamfollower 1013 in order to log in as MsMary. I don't know if Foamy has had this problem in the reverse direction.
Today, I had to delete all my cookies in order to log in at the board. I don't have this problem at any other forum, even though my son and daughter and I log in at the same forums under multiple different names.

I just wanted to bring these problems to light. I don't know if anything can be done to fix them.

~MsMary~
Last edited by MsMary on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bannor
Giantfriend

Post by Bannor »

Can't seem to duplicate your problem, MMM. I know that when I try to post, and I am not logged in, it asks me to log in. Usually though, the forum remembers me. I am not good at solving those kinds of problems; just make sure you see your name as logged in in the upper right hand part of the screen: your name should be in brackets next to "logout."
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
danlo
Lord

Many people do have that problem

Post by danlo »

I don't and I think it's because once I hit that function--always log me in--it does! So I have never had 2 reregister. The prob may b this: I think this forum recognizes my email address every time I show up--If u guys have more than one email address, or more than 1 internet server--the poor thing gets very confused...
fall far and well Pilots!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The second page of Teams For A TC Game (or something) in the TC forum isn't accessible, but I know it's there, it appeared after I posted, but posting seems to be the only way to view it...
danlo
Lord

I'm having the same problem now!

Post by danlo »

Now I'm being asked 2 log in everytime I make a post, or switch topics or forums--tis a bit of a pain! @ least the screen just returned 2 it's normal size...
fall far and well Pilots!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Ms mary my partner and I had the same problem on the old watch when we both wanted to sign into the watch with the one comp ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Sometimes when I post a message is says High Lord Mhoram, but when I look at the list of "users browsing this forum" it says none. Why is that?
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

The forum code is a bit unstable as it is constantly under develoment so some bugs are bound to appear. I try and keep up with the latest updates so hopefully as time marches on, the bugs will iron themselves out :)
Bannor
Giantfriend

Post by Bannor »

You're doing a great job, Vain. I have a similar problem at my forum (with regards to having to log in), and I have just upgraded to the newest version. I don't think it's a problem with emails or two service providers (I can only afford one). I think it's a cookie problem at my forum. This forum always recognizes me! Thanks again. :D
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I just wanna say, I didnt think anyone else knew anything about TCTC until I found this site. It has answers to almost all my questions, and I can talk about my favrite books w/people who like them as much as me(almost :)).
z
Banned

Post by z »

Yeah I have problems with the forum too!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”