Nintendo re-enters 2D platforming with a vengeance

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Worm of Despite
Lord

Nintendo re-enters 2D platforming with a vengeance

Post by Worm of Despite »

Looks like 06 and 07 will mark a 2D platforming renaissance for Nintendophiles! The game that has me most excited is Super Paper Mario for the GameCube. I love the Paper Mario RPG series, and marrying its visual style with traditional Mario platforming is just ingenious:

And then there's two platform games coming out for the DS: most of you are familiar with the "New Super Mario Bros." game, which is coming out the 15th. But at E3 a second platformer was announced: Yoshi's Island 2! It's gonna be tough to top the original Yoshi's Island, as it was arguably Nintendo's finest moment in the platforming genre.

Along with these Nintendo platformers, Konami is releasing a new Castlevania game for the DS called "Portrait of Ruin." Damnation, if only all these great games were on one system!
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

My brother has a DS, and he's going to be here for the summer. My goal for the summer? Castlevania :)

And yes, I hadn't heard of Yoshi's Island 2, but I certainly hope it'll be a worthy successor of #1..."Yoshi's Story" certainly was not, from what I played of it.

Return to “PC & Console Games”