The 4400

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

The 4400

Post by Menolly »

OK, so I got roped in by watching it the other night on NBC, and have spent the day watching the marathon on USA. I've only seen bits and pieces before, but Paul has watched it steadily.

Has anyone else gotten into this show?
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Saw a fragment of it last night on Sci-Fi. I think I'll try watching it.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

I saw the 4400 last year (or was it the year before??) then lost track of it. I didn't know it was still on the air. I thought it went off shortly after its debut!! The premise and acting hooked me, but I was dissapointed because it seemed to vanish from USA. I'll have to check for DVDs since I don't get sci-fi channel anymore.
Proverbs for Paranoids #3.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

It's on USA, Sunday nights at 9:00 PM EST.

For those watching, all I'll say is I don't trust Isabelle. She was manipulative even while still in the womb. I don't think her aging affect on Lily was accidental at all...
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

I've seen every episode. It has been running... um 3 years I think.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

Great. I don't have USA anymore either. Since there are three years of episodes to catch up on, I'll definitely look for the DVDs.

Is Isabelle the little girl? I remember a creepy girl who seemed to be the most affected by the aliens. I think she had a lot in common with them.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Tulizar wrote:Is Isabelle the little girl? I remember a creepy girl who seemed to be the most affected by the aliens. I think she had a lot in common with them.
Well, she was a little girl, but I think you're referring to Maia. Isabelle is the daughter of Lily.
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

Menolly wrote:
Tulizar wrote:Is Isabelle the little girl? I remember a creepy girl who seemed to be the most affected by the aliens. I think she had a lot in common with them.
Well, she was a little girl, but I think you're referring to Maia. Isabelle is the daughter of Lily.

Okay. I do remember Maia. Thanks!

Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

I watched season one back in '04, and then it went off the air... for a year! So they've been doing one season a year. Went out and bought the DVDs of Season One a few months ago. I really do like the show.

Two things bother me of late:
Spoiler
1) Isabel, Matthew and Shawn (which sounds like an old '60s song)-- I was ready to applaud USA for having Shawn say to Isabel, "This isn't happening." I thought, Wow, for once, on TV, people actually decide not to have sex! (Don't get me wrong; I'm not a prude or anything... but how predictable would that have been, after the father talks to him and all?) It would be nice to see just one show where they decide not to.

So I tune in last week, and Isabel's all over Shawn. He pushes her away, and I'm thinking, Wow, maybe they didn't yet. Good for USA; there's still time... then he says, "No, I can't handle another round right now."

So, okay, predictable. Now he's gonna' have to explain to her dad. Blah.

2) What the heck is going on with the people who control the 4400 (from the future)? Why are they pulling these kids away from the people they just bonded with? I know, they explained it... but I have to admit, my stomach kind of turned when the show last week ended with Maia lying on a table with tears running from her eyes, scared to death, being told her mother will forget her and she'll forget her new mom... and her pitiful call of "Mommy!" I almost couldn't stand it. Now where's this gonna' go??
But I'm hooked, so you know I'll keep watching.

I do wonder what Isabel is supposed to do with her abilities, which seem stronger than anyone else's.
vasko
Woodhelvennin

Post by vasko »

Holy thread resurection Batman!!

So I bought the box set with all four seasons anly to find out that the show was canclled at season 4 not concluded.
Bloody gutted!
When I first started watching this i thought it was just a poor mans X-Files but it really grew into its shoes and 2 episodes into season 4 is better than ever, much darker sexier show this final season.
The writers strike claims another victim :(
"There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken." - Thomas Covenant
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I watched this show until it 'disappeared'. They had a really good concept and some good storylines but as you said.. the writers strike I think did this one in.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Chassit
Giantfriend

Post by Chassit »

Same thing happened to me right after I bought Season 4 on DVD. We got a cliffhanger ending and... that's all, folks.

Still, a good 4400-like show that I'm into these days is "Heroes". Check it out if you haven't. In fact, it was running while "The 4400" was still on, and I would sometimes get characters from the shows mixed up. No worries now! (I love Hiro Nakamura!!)
"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "
- John Stuart Mill, English philosopher

Return to “TV Shows”