Star Trek: Can Star Trek return to weekly television?

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I never really got into Babylon-5. And I wish governments did try to be squeaky clean. :D

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I generally dislike the Star Trek universe on general principle-

that's why my mom likes me more than you ;)
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I generally dislike the Star Trek universe on general principle--it's too preachy and the Federation tries to be squeaky clean at all times. Boring. The only Star Trek show which ever really kept my interest was DS9 and that is because it is so similar to Babylon 5, the standard of science fiction shows against which all other science fiction shows (set in space) are to be measured.

I think I'm measuring against BSG these days, which is setting most shows up for failure. Did like both B5 and DS9 though, and the whole dark side of Starfleet/the Federation on DS9 was one of the better story arcs.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Post by Avatar »

Yeah...I really thought DS9 was going to end with a movie about the war with the Dominion...I was surprised that it all played out in the series instead.

--A
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Scott Bakula doesn't appeal to me as an Actor, but, despite that, I think there are probably a good 10 episodes out of the first two Seasons of Enterprise that I really enjoy.

S3, actually becomes pretty dark, seeing the things they are willing to do, to win the Xindi War, and S3 is a Season long arc, which is mostly pretty good (with a few stand alone crap episodes), and I really love the Mini Arcs in S4.

Additionally, when I watched it when it originally aired, I had personal bias about what the show should be about, and what Canon was, so, I was fighting against that the whole time. Letting go of that bias, and just watching the show for what it was, I enjoyed it more in those first two Seasons, though, there still wasn't much great in those two Seasons
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

SoulBiter wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I generally dislike the Star Trek universe on general principle-

that's why my mom likes me more than you ;)
She always liked you more--that is so totally unfair! *pout* *rant*
The Tank is gone and now so am I.

Post by Avatar »

C'mon...Quantum Leap rocked. ;)
sindatur wrote:...and what Canon was...
Yeah, this is always a problem for me.

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

SoulBiter wrote:Paramount has agreed to allow this crowd funded movie Axanar to be produced. Should be good.

Hmmm well not so fast.... CBS Paramount have issued new guidelines that make fan films a thing of the past....

www.startrek.com/fan-films
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image

Post by Avatar »

Well, that is just to avoid objection. And some of the stuff (must be official merchandise etc.) will be hard to enforce or even determine.

But it's certainly going to limit them.

--A

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”