How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

aliantha wrote:And it's now been three weeks since my brother told me he was "moving assets" in order to pay me for my half of Mom's house at last. You guessed it -- radio silence since then. I'm gonna have to threaten him with legal action again, damn it. I wish he'd just quit being a jerk and give me the money already. :evil:
Yes, it is more than time for your brother to get his assets moving and settle with you!
;)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

deer of the dawn wrote:
lorin wrote:Mine was repossessed.............by me.
but it wasn't cheap.
That is a deep statement, lorin. And I'm thinking it shouldn't be. Cheap, I mean.

I am also blessed in that I enjoy my job. But I am aggravated by a lot of the peripherals. And the school where I teach gives less and less over the years while asking more and more. And I am utterly exhausted by day's end. But I am grateful for being able to do it. And, I don't do well with too much time on my hands. I need the structure as well. To my mind, the ideal would be to work part time, but that' ain't happening till everyone in the family is out of college, including me!!! :D
I think I was saying it in very simplistic terms meaning I lost 40% of my pension by leaving early. BUT in retrospect it wasn't cheap on many levels. It was hard to make the decision to let go. You get to believe that the shelter (in my case) will not function without me. It is an ego thing. But I have come to understand that we are not indispensable, that life will go on without us. And life did go on for everyone and everything. Life BEGAN for me when I let go. We have limited time 'here' and I believe we are entitled to find our bliss at some point in our life.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Savor Dam wrote:
aliantha wrote:And it's now been three weeks since my brother told me he was "moving assets" in order to pay me for my half of Mom's house at last. You guessed it -- radio silence since then. I'm gonna have to threaten him with legal action again, damn it. I wish he'd just quit being a jerk and give me the money already. :evil:
Yes, it is more than time for your brother to get his assets moving and settle with you!
;)
FedExed him another deadline today. He needs to cough up the cash by the end of the month or I'm filing for the partition. And I'm not gonna let any lawyers talk me out of it this time, either. :evil:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Has he had money issues in the past? I don't know the guy, but that interaction is setting off alarm bells in the 'he doesn't have it' department. Hope I'm wrong.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

No, he's got the money. He's just a tightwad.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

I feel tired but awesome. This is gonna be a super-overtime week, but I'm making things that go to space, sooooooo..... worth it.

Also a little bummed I can't go to E-Fest this year. We're already travelling for thanksgiving and probably x-mas, so a third trip would be too much. Someone please tell me there will be another E-Fest eventually?
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm sure there will be another one. :D The real question is do you get to go to space?

--A
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Nah, not as much about that. Humans are specially built for Earth. I don't think I'd want to leave (I mean, give me an Enterprise-like ship, I'll leave in a second, but thinking about modern technology...). I just want to learn about space and send things up there that help out that goal. I'll stay where there is air I can breathe and animals I can cuddle and beaches I can sleep on.
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter

Post by Avatar »

Sounds sensible to me. :D

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

aliantha wrote:No, he's got the money. He's just a tightwad.
That sucks. Also makes me glad that I wasn't involved with the whole estate thing when my grandparents passed away. So many unanswered questions about stuff that was in their will though - like how they redid the entire thing a month after I was born to ensure I would never get anything - even though they supposedly didn't even know I existed. And my sister wasn't even mentioned. Families, eh?

Post by Avatar »

Yep...can't choose 'em unfortunately.

Still, at least it's Friday.

--A
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yup, Av -- at least today has the Friday thing going for it.
Sorus wrote:
aliantha wrote:No, he's got the money. He's just a tightwad.
That sucks. Also makes me glad that I wasn't involved with the whole estate thing when my grandparents passed away. So many unanswered questions about stuff that was in their will though - like how they redid the entire thing a month after I was born to ensure I would never get anything - even though they supposedly didn't even know I existed. And my sister wasn't even mentioned. Families, eh?
Sounds like your grandparents' slight had more to do with their relationship with your parent(s) than it did with you. I'm sorry you were the one who suffered because of it, Sorus. :hug:

Bro should have received the letter yesterday. No word from him so far. Tick-tock...

EZ Board Survivor

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Avatar wrote:Yep...can't choose 'em unfortunately.
You left out the funny part of the joke. Might I recommend "...but you can set fire to their house."

Suggestions welcome.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

aliantha wrote: Sounds like your grandparents' slight had more to do with their relationship with your parent(s) than it did with you. I'm sorry you were the one who suffered because of it, Sorus. :hug:

Bro should have received the letter yesterday. No word from him so far. Tick-tock...
If I had a chance to do things over again, there are probably a few things I would do differently, but overall, I don't have a lot of regrets about breaking contact with most of my family when I was young. If I'd spent 30 years pretending to be an obedient, straight, Catholic girl I'd probably have a lot of money right now. I'd probably also be spending most of it on therapy. Good luck with your brother.

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

lorin wrote:
deer of the dawn wrote:
lorin wrote:Mine was repossessed.............by me.
but it wasn't cheap.
That is a deep statement, lorin. And I'm thinking it shouldn't be. Cheap, I mean.

I am also blessed in that I enjoy my job. But I am aggravated by a lot of the peripherals. And the school where I teach gives less and less over the years while asking more and more. And I am utterly exhausted by day's end. But I am grateful for being able to do it. And, I don't do well with too much time on my hands. I need the structure as well. To my mind, the ideal would be to work part time, but that' ain't happening till everyone in the family is out of college, including me!!! :D
I think I was saying it in very simplistic terms meaning I lost 40% of my pension by leaving early. BUT in retrospect it wasn't cheap on many levels. It was hard to make the decision to let go. You get to believe that the shelter (in my case) will not function without me. It is an ego thing. But I have come to understand that we are not indispensable, that life will go on without us. And life did go on for everyone and everything. Life BEGAN for me when I let go. We have limited time 'here' and I believe we are entitled to find our bliss at some point in our life.
Then from the sound of it, it was worth the price. ;)

The whole inheritance thing... previous generations of my family, who had some money, did messed up things when it came to their wills. My dad's grandmother cut him out of her will, which at the reading was a complete shocker to everyone since she seemed to be very fond of him. His brother and cousins agreed to break the will and count him in, which I think was extremely cool of them.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

I have an annoying sore throat.

We've had the warmest September here in Engilund for like a hundred years. The downside has been yet another insect hatching season - although the housemartins did make a late appearance and it's always fun watching them flying around like little boomerangs, chirruping, and tweeting, and twittering.
Which is possibly the source of my sore throat. While riding to work on the mountain bike I got a nasty gob of fecal matter, chances are that I swallowed a bug or two.

As an additional observation, all this week I've been doing breathing exercises that involve the uppermost areas of the lungs reachable, exhaling the sweeter air just below the clavicle muscles; which can cause uncontrollable bouts of giggling. I suspect I'd lowered my guard leaving myself open to infection.

Next year I do as the Orientals do here, and use nose and mouth mask. For the time being I'm having to wear my thick woolly winter scarf ... <sigh>, 24/7
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Feel better soon, Rune!

Deer, your dad's family sounds awesome (other than Grandma. Wow, Grandma 8O ).
Sorus wrote:If I'd spent 30 years pretending to be an obedient, straight, Catholic girl I'd probably have a lot of money right now. I'd probably also be spending most of it on therapy. Good luck with your brother.
Thanks. And you're probably right about the therapy.

Cag: Let's see here. You can't choose your relatives, but...

Nope, I think you nailed it.

EZ Board Survivor

Post by Avatar »

Feel surprisingly tired actually. Didn't think I'd slept that badly last night, but this morning was a bit of a struggle for some reason.

Not too bad otherwise though.

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Avatar wrote:Feel surprisingly tired actually. Didn't think I'd slept that badly last night, but this morning was a bit of a struggle for some reason.

Not too bad otherwise though.

--A
That reason is probably called Monday.

Post by Avatar »

Probably. :D I slept worse last night, but feel less tired today...strange.

Also, this is like practically the only post in Gen Disc today...where did everybody suddenly go... :D

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”