E'FEST OKTOBERFEST 2016 IS HAPPENING!!!!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yes, you guys look great. Sorry I missed it. One of these years...

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

We'll just have to make up an excuse to have another fest in San Francisco. Then you'll have to come. ;)

Dunno why we haven't heard from lorin and u., but my guess is that the intarwebz connection at the rental house in Taos sucks.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Or I need to do what the smart Watchers did and move out of this city.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Come to Africa! :D

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That would certainly qualify as a change of scenery.

Now, moar pics!

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Nice pics! :)
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Just spent hours with U. and Lorin between last night and this morning.
A-fucking-mazing.

Heh---hey, Z...apparently, as long as we exiled politics from the possible topics of discussion, you and I would have a grand ol' time.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Vraith wrote:Just spent hours with U. and Lorin between last night and this morning.
A-fucking-mazing.

Heh---hey, Z...apparently, as long as we exiled politics from the possible topics of discussion, you and I would have a grand ol' time.
I think you're right. :beer:
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.

Post by Avatar »

Vraith wrote:Just spent hours with U. and Lorin between last night and this morning.
A-fucking-mazing.
Pics!

--A
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

A-fucking-mazing.
Pics!

--A

I don't think there ARE any---unless Lorin or my wife sneakily snapped some while U. and I were blathering non-stop.
[[we explained everything in the world, and solved all of its problems, BTW. That's how we roll]].
Told y'all before, visual isn't my thing, I'm all about the words.

All they would be would be a dimly lit wooden table with beer glasses in the evening and a bright fluorescently illluminated laminate table with coffee and muffins in the morning.
I suppose we could have taken at least one or two...to prove at last that U. and I are NOT alts of the same person, despite old Watch rumours...but honestly, photos didn't even occur to me for a microsecond.
But they were everything I expected/hoped, plus a little bit more with some pleasant surprises.
My wife [[not a Donaldson fan, not a word/poetry person]] wasn't sure she should even go, thought she'd be outsider...but I insisted, and she was so glad she met them.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Post by Avatar »

All mini-fests require photographic evidence. :D

--A
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Right. Pics or STFU. ;)
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

wish we had been able to attend. I really miss the Watch when I am unable to be here, or there.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Avatar wrote:All mini-fests require photographic evidence. :D

--A
Well...then it was a micro-fest. Cameras unable to perceive beyond the uncertainty, so you wouldn't really know if it happened even if there were a photo.

dlb---be careful saying things like that. You don't know who is watching. Don't blame me if you are suddenly inundated with dic pics.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Hi all, back in the land of Leprechauns and Guinness and slowly recovering from the jet-lag. A great trip all-told and, obviously, the highlights were the meetings with peeps from Watchland.

The hospitality in Abq was outstanding as always. Danlo and Lady Tam's usual excellence supplemented now by Jenn and Rigel makes for even greater times. Balloon-festing in the company of all of the above, plus ali and Io (and daughter) and lorin made for an unforgettable experience.

It was a blast to finally meet Vraith (and a pure pleasure to meet his lovely wife). (The reason that there are no pics is that we proved when we met that we are actually the same person! :lol: The poor camera would have to be capable of photographing cats in two simultaneous states!).

Z and Vraith, you should definitely meet up, your shared interest in Donaldson and other literary endeavours would mean that you'd never need to even glance at politics (and when you are migrating, Vraith, you and Z are only a three-hour car journey apart, if you met at the midpoint).

Here's hoping there'll be a fest in 2018 (after the publication of The Seventh Decimate). I'll have to start saving soon! :lol:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.

Post by Avatar »

Ah, there you are. :D

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”