How do you feel today? v. 3.0

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Same problem I have with every Thursday. It ain't Friday.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Checking in more often :wave: as promised. Thanks everyone for the warm hellos (sp?). Menolly, I am reading you have health issues but can't find the post (There are a lot of posts between October and now). Can you link me?

Linna, I just harvested 5 string beans and 3 zucchini! I seem to have lost my mojo. It was funny, I posted in a Fused Glass forum on FB and got lot (180!) responses on how to get her (my mojo is female) back. Someone told me to get a puppy and name her Mojo, that way I would always have mojo in the house. I responded the the my Mya aka Helldog would eat my Mojo. 8O Anyway seems that everything I am making and everything I am writing is awful. I guess when you spend all your energy on repairing your body there is none left for creativity.
Sorus wrote:I feel like a zombie. As is typical for July 4th, last night sounded like the beginning of WWIII.
Yeah, I was in the war zone too. Helldog kept running around in circles around the property. When I brought her in she knocked over the garbage and started eating cardboard. Stress eating......I wonder where she got that from. ;)

Deer, I hope the next time you come back to the States you give me a message. I am an old-time Jersey girl and would love to meet. Im not that far from you (I think).

Going through some legal insanity but I will save it for a sleepless moment and some wine.

Av, I will tell the Irishman to show his face once in awhile next time I talk to him, promise.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Avatar wrote:I sleep like the dead personally. The GF however wakes if a bug breaks wind near her. :D
Yeah, well, I've seen the size of the spiders you have, and you know what, this is an absolutely horrifying train of thought and I'm going to stop it right here.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Lorin, the quick summary of Menolly's health issues is that she was diagnosed with chronic myloid leukemia and is about 3-4 weeks into a course of daily oral chemo and weekly blood tests. CML is a lot less aggressive than the acute myloid leukemia that Dam-et fought off four years ago...but also more persistent. We'll be dealing with this from now on; B"H it will remain stable.

She also had all her teeth removed last fall/winter, spent some months healing, and has now had full dentures since about the same time she received her CML diagnosis. Today was her first non-deconstructed pastrami sandwich since the dental work. Happy girl!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

<--- this "happy girl" just woke from a three hour nap.
Not sure if it was brought on by food coma, or the fact I had both a dental appointment and a blood draw today.
I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

lorin wrote:Checking in more often :wave: as promised.
Good. :) Do.
Sorus wrote:Yeah, well, I've seen the size of the spiders you have, and
you know what, this is an absolutely horrifying train of thought and I'm going to stop it right here.
Hahaha, I actually deliberately changed my post from "spider" to "bug" before I posted it.
Menolly wrote:<--- this "happy girl" just woke from a three hour nap.
Bah, It's 06h39 and I wish I could have a 3 hour nap. :D On the plus side, at least it's Friday.

--A
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

SD, thanks for the update.

Menolly, good luck with all your treatments. You are a strong woman and a fighter. I think everything will turn out ok.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Thanks lorin!
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Sorus wrote: Yeah, well, I've seen the size of the spiders you have, and you know what, this is an absolutely horrifying train of thought and I'm going to stop it right here.
Let me freak you out a tiny bit. When I was a kid, about 8 or 9, I asked my babysitter for a banana. She went and picked up the bunch off the table and tore a banana off the bunch. Out jumped a huge orange and black tarantula. It jumped/fell off the kitchen table and went scampering across the kitchen floor and under the fridge. Not sure about what happened next except the police came and we were out of the house for a while. Kind of feel sorry for the creature. Probably traveled all the way from Brazil only to die in a blaze of bullets. (not really but I don't think it ended up in the zoo)
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I'd heard of that happening, and always thought it was an urban legend. Gah. Well, I avoid bananas in general (can't stand the way they smell) - and didn't really need another reason to avoid them, but that would be one.

Years ago, I used to volunteer at a museum that kept a tarantula tank, and I did once handle one (let it walk across my hand) - and that was actually kinda cool, but surprise tarantula in the kitchen would not be cool.

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Sorus- nice one with the spiders!
Avatar wrote:Nice of you to deign to join us Linna. ;)
Okay, I guess my wording kind of earned this one... and the implied admission that I'd been lurkering on the very forum that I call home for the last few weeks!
lorin wrote:I seem to have lost my mojo... I guess when you spend all your energy on repairing your body there is none left for creativity.
Who knows what makes it "come back"?
Sometimes I think my creativity is sparked by the times when it seems like my internal world is collapsing within me. :!!!:
When writing, I think I am happiest or most "on" when I am productively making fun of myself.

You've got a unique vision of life and the world around you and a unique voice, lorin.
And a unique set of experiences, to boot.
You have already done well with your writing, even though you may not be doing well with it right now.

Also, this:
"Anyone who survived childhood has enough material to write for the rest of his life."
-Flannery O'Connor
SD wrote:...but also more persistent. We'll be dealing with this from now on
oh... that's no good... :-/
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Sorus wrote:I'd heard of that happening, and always thought it was an urban legend. Gah. Well, I avoid bananas in general (can't stand the way they smell) - and didn't really need another reason to avoid them, but that would be one.

Years ago, I used to volunteer at a museum that kept a tarantula tank, and I did once handle one (let it walk across my hand) - and that was actually kinda cool, but surprise tarantula in the kitchen would not be cool.
I can't stand the smell of popcorn (but love the taste) It smells like dirty feet to me.

From the East Coast the is this............ inhabitat.com/107-million-spiders-found-in-4-acre-nest-at-baltimore-wastewater-plant/

I just wonder what all of them are eating.
Also, this:
"Anyone who survived childhood has enough material to write for the rest of his life."
-Flannery O'Connor
You ain't kidding. Good quote.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

lorin wrote:
I can't stand the smell of popcorn (but love the taste) It smells like dirty feet to me.
I like both the scent and taste of popcorn, but I do think I have some wires crossed in my nose or something, because a lot of 'normal' things smell terrible to me , and I generally won't eat anything if I find the odor repellent. Some exceptions - mostly in the dairy genre - buttermilk, cheese, yogurt - are okay once they're cooked or part of something else, but I have to avoid sniffing them when I am cooking. Fresh fruit frequently smells putrid to me - nothing is as bad as bananas, but fresh strawberries always smell like mold. I don't mind some artificial fruit scents (not bananas), but other scents that I don't mind the natural versions of (such as vanilla) are gross if they're artificial. I guess everyone has something - I had a friend whose father banned mint from their house; they had a hell of a time finding toothpaste that didn't offend him.

lorin wrote:
Linna Heartlistener wrote:Also, this:
-Flannery O'Connor
You ain't kidding. Good quote.
Yeah, no kidding.

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Sorus wrote: I had a friend whose father banned mint from their house; they had a hell of a time finding toothpaste that didn't offend him.
I hate the smell of wintergreen

Post by Avatar »

I hate the smell of many things. :D

Here we go again...Monday...Whose bright idea was it to just keep going in circles like this?

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yes, it's Monday with a vengeance. What happened to that new & improved calendar you were designing?

Post by Avatar »

Damn Gregorian calendar is so entrenched...

I feel like it's Tuesday. (It is Tuesday, so that's probably why.)

I also feel like GD was very quiet...

And that I'm forgetting stuff...

And like I need more sleep or another week off.

Meh.

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Its Tuesday and since I didn't win the lottery AGAIN I'm stuck here at work. I really should consider actually buying tickets. It might improve my chances of winning.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Not by much. And I really feel like we could do something about the whole calendar thing. The average person suffers from over 50 Mondays a year, and that's just excessive in this day and age.

...don't get me started on needing a vacation. :crazy:

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Yeah, I did actually get a vacation, uh, a month ago. :D Doesn't seem like it was enough though. It's never enough.

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”