Ouija boards

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Ouija boards are like horror movies: if they don't scare you, they probably won't work for you and there isn't much point.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Sheol
Giantfriend

Post by Sheol »

Darth Reven wrote
Lord Foul wrote:
Ur-Vile wrote:
So when Lord Foul comments on his fever the day after, I am of the opinion that perhaps he was biased into thinking so BECAUSE of using the board.

I don't believe in Ouija boards myself. I was just saying it like one would over a campfire, to stir up scary thoughts. Boo! And such. But I really did get a fever. At the time I was a lot younger, and, at the time, I attributed it to dabbling with the Ouija board.

Or it might have been the fact the you were out in the open and just caught a cold that way....
you cant get a cold from being cold, or being outside, somebody has to give it to you
My right hand is lightning and my left is thunder.
My eyes are flame.
My heart is ashes.
Look upon me and tremble.
Moksha Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moksha Foul »

I have used a Ouija board, and it told me facts about myself. But, then I found out that it was just Sammy possessing the board and pointer. (Only my knees touched the board, so I wasn't movin' the thing.) Still, Ravers count as demons, and you get those with info-boards. :)
Why do I always have to be the decoy?
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Sheol wrote:Darth Reven wrote
Lord Foul wrote:
Ur-Vile wrote:
So when Lord Foul comments on his fever the day after, I am of the opinion that perhaps he was biased into thinking so BECAUSE of using the board.

I don't believe in Ouija boards myself. I was just saying it like one would over a campfire, to stir up scary thoughts. Boo! And such. But I really did get a fever. At the time I was a lot younger, and, at the time, I attributed it to dabbling with the Ouija board.

Or it might have been the fact the you were out in the open and just caught a cold that way....
you cant get a cold from being cold, or being outside, somebody has to give it to you
*sigh* I was kidding. Why can't you people get used to my annoying and weird sense of humour? I mean do I have to put up a bloody sign here? help me out here people!
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

In the childrens book Elidor by Alan Garner there is a description of a rather advanced Quija board (if I remember correctly it is like a pencil attached to a arm that in turn is attached to the people gathered around - it makes a drawing of something...). This book is so scary, after reading it I have never had the guts to try any quija boards (I reread it just a few years ago and it was still as scary as I remembered as a kid). I really recomend the book though - it was a horror fantasy of an other perspective that one is used to.

(Ok. It is almost 3 am. I am alone at work (looooong dark corridors). Now I have managed to frighten myself by just thinking about that stupid book. Better hang around the chat hoping for someone to stop by and calm me down...)
SLATFATF...
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

:P
Sheol
Giantfriend

Post by Sheol »

sorry about goin all wild with the facts, i just dont like it when people say thingies like that that are wrong
My right hand is lightning and my left is thunder.
My eyes are flame.
My heart is ashes.
Look upon me and tremble.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”