President Trump

Archive From The 'Tank
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Truthfully, I don't care if Trump has done or said some of those things. I don't care that he is a blowhard, an asshole, and someone who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut on Twitter. Personally, I can't stand the man...but he makes Democrats lose their shit--to me, that is the preferrable goal these days. Democrats have become so vitriolic, so hateful, so spiteful, and want to tear down everything that has ever made this country great that they deserve to be opposed at all times and by all means.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

And there they are, thinking that Trump and the Republicans want to tear down what made the country great in the past. :D

Anyway, my point was simply that it was not a complete diatribe of nonsense, it was a list of things that he has done which (this person in particular) feels are reason not to like him, or to think poorly of his supporters for effectively condoning all those things.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

As for Trump, I've come around to the GF's point of view...what better president for the US than a billionaire reality-TV star who says and does what he wants, and who is always right in his own head? It just seems to encapsulate the zeitgeist of the US right now. He's perfect. :D

I do think that this is the beginning of a redefinition of the American political spectrum etc. Like I always say, sometimes you have to burn it all down before you can start rebuilding it. :D

--A
darthbuzz
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by darthbuzz »

President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
The world has gone mad!

Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I fixed the link so it works correctly now. It is a diatribe of nonsense, of course, but if you really want to read it you may do so.

All cases of OMBS have the same root cause: Hillary lost.
Its actually not a diatribe of nonsense .. your most recent post actually supports the article. Trumpers dont care that hes a pathological lying, goal post shifting, sexual predatory, divisive, amoral, moronic, reactionary, model of hypocrisy.

But so many are, no?

Do you really WANT one for a global leader 😉 gotta say Id prefer not. But thats no surprise 😉
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Do I want someone like him? No--he was not my choice and I did not support or vote for him. Still, like I said, he makes Democrats lose their shit and that is the more important goal right now.

Trump is a phase--he will be gone, either in 8 months or 4 years and 8 months and we will probably see a return to something more approximating "the norm" after that.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Skyweir wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I
Its actually not a diatribe of nonsense .. your most recent post actually supports the article. Trumpers dont care that hes a pathological lying, goal post shifting, sexual predatory, divisive, amoral, moronic, reactionary, model of hypocrisy.

😉

Pathological is a diagnostic term. Prove the lies please.
Goals have to shift at times. But what specifically are you claiming?
Again. Specifics on his sexual predator behavior? He is not Bill Clinton.
Divisive means you don't agree with him. He didn't polarize America.
Amoral? How so?
Moronic be cause you say so? He beat Hilary. He has made millions.
Reactionary? Most people are.
Hypocrisy on what points?

I see a lot of generalities. Let's get down to specifics.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

:haha: :haha:

Youre joking right? The fact that Trump lies is news to you? Ill pay one thing as a Fair call tho Null ... I grant you that Im clearly not a clinical psychologist 😉

Yet Im not alone in wondering where Trumps habitual lying comes from 😉

As his obsessive and excessive lying is not really in question. In fact it so much a norm now that lots of fact checkers and various outlets have been tracking them. And there is lots of psychological interest in why its a thing for him.

One thing that IS common is that many psychologists agree that Trump is a narcissist suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/l ... ling=false

Several fact checkers have tracked Trumps lying - I assumed most people were aware of this.
In Trump's first 298 days in office ... he made 1,628 false or misleading claims

Stupidity

Pathological liars and Narcissistic Personality Disorder
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.scm ... an-be-sign
Dr. Bandy Lee of Yale University and 26 other psychiatrists and mental health experts even wrote a 360-page book on 'The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ain-214658
Howard Gardner, a psychologist at Harvard, responded, "Remarkably narcissistic." George Simon, a clinical psychologist who conducts seminars on manipulative behavior, says Trump is "so classic that I'm archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because theres no better example of narcissism. Otherwise I would have had to hire actors and write vignettes. He's like a dream come true".
Some interesting reads, if you dare 😉
https://www.apa.org/pubs/highlights/psy ... 041124.pdf

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.psy ... rump%3famp
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - you know what the Goldwater rule is?
It states that doctors can not diagnose a
Psychological disorder without an actual
Exam. So you may feel free to ignore what
Ever the professionals are stating because
They are violating their own code of conducts.

And your links are not working again.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

sgt.null wrote:And your links are not working again.
For some reason, a space keeps showing up after the "close bracket" and before the start of the link; instead of "rl]begin" it looks like "rl] begin", causing the closure of the url tag to be included as part of the link. How are you creating your links, Sky? Copy/pasting? You might need to paste to Notepad first, check for a space, then paste the link in your post.

In the meantime, I will fix the links.

Any attempt at a clinical diagnosis of Trump without actually examining him is nothing but an ad hominem attack voiced by OMBS sufferers. Ignoring the links Sky posted, even though I fixed them so they work now.
Last edited by Hashi Lebwohl on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yeah such a self proclaimed genius

Yeah sure ignore all evidence that challenges your position ... thats exactly his confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance works 😉

Trump is demonstrably a habitual liar .. he lies more than the average person does ... above are studies conducted into average joes AND looks at a wide range of POTUSes lol 😂

And guess who is the bestest and the biggliest liar of them all?

And pathological lying is symptomatic of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. 🤦‍♀️

And guess what numerous psychiatric studies are undertaken of key events and key characters ... and as far as Trump, a global public personality ... there is a wealth of clinical material readily available to both academics and mental health professionals in a range of fields.

But yeah .. burying ones head in the sand works too 🙄
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Diagnose all you like, Sky... It's meaningless. The sole factor of any importance at all is that he got voted in nigh on four years ago. And I don't believe for a second that his personality and behaviour has changed one little bit since from before his tenure as POTUS. This is the individual that the US electorate on balance wanted as president.

Okay, so now Trump is in the White House, it could be argued that his shortcomings have more visibility. However I would strongly maintain that next to no Pub voters back in 2016 are in the least surprised at the nature of what they got - and that this will be conclusively proven again in November.

You're as bad (and as futile... and as misdirected) as almost all US Dems. What you should be so fervently pushing for is for the Dems to convince said electorate that they would be better. That voting for them would be a wiser choice... and NOT that the choice made 4 years ago means that voters were cretinously stupid, immoral or "deplorably" both.

So... endlessly yelling that Trump is shit is absolutely NOT making the Dem case. Even a 5th grader will have worked out you don't win friends and influence people by telling them they're evil idiots.

And before you get on your outraged high horse and go kneejerkishly off on one, bear in mind that I personally am absolutely in favour of there being a healthy, robust and thus VIABLY ELECTABLE opposition in any First World democracy.

(Which is precisely why the Dems have been infuriating me so much for so long).
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Agree TF. What the Dems havent figured out is that "I'm not Trump" or "Orange man bad" is not a platform for election but rather an exercise in futility
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image

Post by Avatar »

Democracies get the governments they deserve. :D

--A
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
sgt.null wrote:And your links are not working again.
For some reason, a space keeps showing up after the "close bracket" and before the start of the link; instead of "rl]begin" it looks like "rl] begin", causing the closure of the url tag to be included as part of the link. How are you creating your links, Sky? Copy/pasting? You might need to paste to Notepad first, check for a space, then paste the link in your post.

In the meantime, I will fix the links.

Any attempt at a clinical diagnosis of Trump without actually examining him is nothing but an ad hominem attack voiced by OMBS sufferers. Ignoring the links Sky posted, even though I fixed them so they work now.
It is unethical to diagnose someone who isn't your patient. Honestly, their licenses should be taken away for this gross violation of professional standards.

Post by Avatar »

Eh, I see a difference between a diagnosis and an opinion offered based on experience / expertise etc.

Some random shrink saying "based on exhibited behaviour, I think he's a narcissist," is not a medical or psychological diagnosis, nor is it intended to be.

Surely you don't think a qualified professional is unable to identify narcissistic behaviour solely because the person exhibiting it is not a patient?

Would a firearms instructor be unable to identify unsafe handling in somebody who wasn't their student?

Of course not.

Now, that opinion would have no legal weight, because it is only an opinion and not a diagnosis, but that doesn't negate the experience / expertise of the person offering the opinion, or the available evidence on which it is based.

--A
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well I would get used to it. Trump will be the POTUS for four more years.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Any thoughts on how the stock market will affect Trump's chances in November? The Dow Jones dropped drastically yesterday and trading had to be stopped temporarily.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:Any thoughts on how the stock market will affect Trump's chances in November? The Dow Jones dropped drastically yesterday and trading had to be stopped temporarily.
Yesterday was all about the Saudis dumping oil on the market in an attempt to steal market share from the Russians. The rest is the correction we knew was coming disguised in COVID-19 panic.

The economy's strong right now. The determining factor is going to be how long this panic lasts. COVID-19 presents some interesting questions, and the answers are still mostly forthcoming. China's cases are falling and their production is ramping back up. Supply chain issues should be minimal.

What's going to be the tell is what the mortality rate ends up being in the developed world. Italy's in bad shape right now, but that's due to the high percentage of smokers, and the fact that as a catholic nation they've probably all been exposing each other at mass since December.

The vast majority of the deaths have been amongst the elderly and the already infirm. This could have drastic impact on our economy. For people over 80, the death rate is 14.8%, from 70-80 it's 8%. Given how many Boomers are still working into their 70s and stifling upward mobility for Millennials, their die-off could dramatically change our workplaces. And if Millennials become more affluent, then they'll start buying houses and having kids.

Further, this should be a huge wake-up call about why it's a terrible idea to have all of your stuff - including 95% of your pharmaceuticals - made in an oppressive, totalitarian, communist country.

And finally, what will this mean for traditional workplaces and schools? With companies, colleges, and public schools panicking and having employees and students telework/telelearn, will there be any point in having them come back to a physical building in 2 or 3 months? Think about the massive traffic reduction, as well as the positive impact on pollution and energy consumption. This could crater the commercial real estate sector.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Avatar wrote:Eh, I see a difference between a diagnosis and an opinion offered based on experience / expertise etc.

Some random shrink saying "based on exhibited behaviour, I think he's a narcissist," is not a medical or psychological diagnosis, nor is it intended to be.

Surely you don't think a qualified professional is unable to identify narcissistic behaviour solely because the person exhibiting it is not a patient?

Would a firearms instructor be unable to identify unsafe handling in somebody who wasn't their student?

Of course not.

Now, that opinion would have no legal weight, because it is only an opinion and not a diagnosis, but that doesn't negate the experience / expertise of the person offering the opinion, or the available evidence on which it is based.

--A
This.

And yes you TF, SB, RR et al may well be right. We could have to endure the Doofus In Chief for another 4 years. 🤦‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Coercri”