Insanity of the Left

Archive From The 'Tank
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Skyweir wrote:The setting provides no excuse nor justification .. both then are more than 30yo claims.

One must wonder about the motivation to illuminate a discretion as heinous as claimed now. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Its beyond proving either way but either way both claims are irretrievably damaging.

Biden has denied it ... as K did.
Pretty much agree with Sky here...don't see much difference between the two...if one was a legitimate accusation, so is the other. And vice versa.

You can't have it both ways. And yet, this is what the US appears to usually want. :D

This partisanship is tearing you apart guys.

And the answer to partisanship is NOT "if they would just do it our way there wouldn't be a problem." :D

--A
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Avatar wrote:Pretty much agree with Sky here...don't see much difference between the two...if one was a legitimate accusation, so is the other. And vice versa.

You can't have it both ways. And yet, this is what the US appears to usually want. :D

This partisanship is tearing you apart guys.

And the answer to partisanship is NOT "if they would just do it our way there wouldn't be a problem." :D

--A
Absolutely agree with Av (and Sky) here. The hypocrisy on display here from the Dems in their treatment of and reaction to the Biden allegations, compared to their baying for blood over the Kavanaugh allegations is as breath-taking as it is blatant. It's the quintessential example of uneven-handedness...

Not that the Dems own the utter hypocrisy space exclusively - not in the least. But when it's just such an obvious example from the party that has continually over the last 4 years tried to portray itself as the exclusive occupier of the moral high ground in the face of Trumpian "absolute evil", it is absolutely worthy of note.

Looks like the choice for the US electorate in November will be between:-

In the red corner, a vomit-inducingly sexist septuagenarian who holds women in utter contempt and who through staggeringly overweening arrogance doesn't know when to shut up,

and

In the blue corner, a vomit-inducingly sexist septuagenarian who holds women in utter contempt and who through rapidly advancing senility doesn't know what day of the week it is.

Happy 2021, all.

The only worthwhile perceptible difference between the two - presuming that one offsets Trump's ingrained stupidity against Biden's innate senility - is that at least Trump barely bothers trying to maintain a facade of being something he clearly isn't.

That in a very twisted and no doubt largely accidental way is at least to some degree more honest.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

TheFallen wrote: Looks like the choice for the US electorate in November will be between:-

In the red corner, a vomit-inducingly sexist septuagenarian who holds women in utter contempt and who through staggeringly overweening arrogance doesn't know when to shut up,

and

In the blue corner, a vomit-inducingly sexist septuagenarian who holds women in utter contempt and who through rapidly advancing senility doesn't know what day of the week it is.
I support this assessment.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

A Superlatively accurate assessment.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Av - the difference between the two
Parties is that Democrats wish to take
Away some of my constitutional rights.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

I love how Tesla opened his factory up despite being told not to do so (although the governor of CA supports it apparently) and basically dared the cops to arrest him.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Wow what a hero :roll:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Well considering how the governor himself gave him the go-ahead to open the factory now and the fact that Tesla had strict safety protocols prepared for the purpose of reopening and operating during COVID, I can certainly understand why he pushed back against the one lowly bureaucrat who went against her own governor on this.

CA could throw a pissy fit if they want, but Tesla could just relocate to another state (e.g, TX) and take all those jobs with them. CA needs Tesla more than Tesla needs CA.

I fully predict that there will be a gradual shift by tech companies away from CA to TX. TX has a lot more to offer. It has a bright future ahead for itself. Hopefully none of the crazy politics follows companies when they relocate.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:CA needs Tesla more than Tesla needs CA.
This is true of most businesses in California.
ur-Nanothnir wrote:I fully predict that therewill be a gradual shift by tech companies away from CA to TX. TX has a lot more to offer. It has a bright future ahead for itself. Hopefully none of the crazy politics follows companies when they relocate.
We are doing everything in our power to make certain that does not occur. Austin already has far too many non-Texas with Leftist political thought, so we don't need more of those.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I fully predict that there will be a gradual shift by tech companies away from CA to TX. TX has a lot more to offer.
I agree. The downside is people will move their from California and immediately be voting in Democrats who will put in place things that they moved away from California to get away from.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Ah, but there is something of which you are unaware: there are plans to enact a "firewall" in the Texas Legislature--they are going to change their rules so that measures cannot pass unless they have 60% support (or was it a full two-thirds? *shrug*), including rolling back the rule about "you must have 60% support". As long as Democrats never get 61% of the Legislature (which is unlikely) they cannot turn Texas into California.

Our State Legislators--some of whom Ms. Lebwohl and I know personally--are already solving that problem. Austin and Dallas are bad enough; we are making sure they don't spread.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Our State Legislators--some of whom Ms. Lebwohl and I know personally--are already solving that problem. Austin and Dallas are bad enough; we are making sure they don't spread.
...by enforcing legislative distancing away from the norms of democracy? That's one effective way of stopping the spread of anything...

...hang on a second...

Heh.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Bloodguard

Post by DoctorGamgee »

TheFallen wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Our State Legislators--some of whom Ms. Lebwohl and I know personally--are already solving that problem. Austin and Dallas are bad enough; we are making sure they don't spread.
...by enforcing legislative distancing away from the norms of democracy? That's one effective way of stopping the spread of anything...

...hang on a second...

Heh.
That is certainly one way of looking at it. One could also acknowledge that demanding that 2/3rds must agree on something legislative before enacting it will generally require more compromise and buy in from the opposition so that the minority's concerns are addressed, rather than the simple Mob Rule that a simple majority requires to force something through.
Proud father of G-minor and the Bean
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Odd isnt it tho ... kinda what democracy is all about, majority rule?

Mobs are more often the minority 😉
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Skyweir wrote:Odd isnt it tho ... kinda what democracy is all about, majority rule?

We ain't a democracy.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

DoctorGamgee wrote:That is certainly one way of looking at it. One could also acknowledge that demanding that 2/3rds must agree on something legislative before enacting it will generally require more compromise and buy in from the opposition so that the minority's concerns are addressed, rather than the simple Mob Rule that a simple majority requires to force something through.
Even if--when--Democrats regain control of the Legislature that does not mean that a majority of Texas are Democrats, only that the population centers, flooded with California refugees and illegal immigrants who might find ways of voting by mail through schemes promoted by Democrats, will manage to get enough seats to have a "majority". A 51% majority is mob rule and that should not be allowed.

Forcing a minimum of 60% means that all bills that pass may not please everyone but they will please enough to pass. No one--not even Republicans--will be able to implement their policies as if by mandate. The Democrats would never restrict their own ability to mandate their policies--there is another fundamental difference between the two parties.

edit/add: speaking of trying to force things onto people....I see that Pelosi's $3T New Corona Bailout did not manage to gain the support of all Democrats in the House. Sure, the bill might manage to pass the House--barely--but it will die upon reaching the Senate and no one will want to vote to support the conference committee post-measure. The talking point being set up is "see? Republicans don't want to help people in an emergency".
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

sgt.null wrote:
Skyweir wrote:Odd isnt it tho ... kinda what democracy is all about, majority rule?

We ain't a democracy.
Really? Cuz the US markets itself as not just any democracy 😉 but the greatest democracy ever ... the hugest democracy lol 😂 just ask China 😉
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Democratic republic. There is a difference.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Your talking about your system of government/rule ... the US has long claimed to be the model of democracy 😉
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:just ask China 😉
What for? They would simply lie like they always do.

Pelosi's bill did manage to pass the House, and included provisions such as paying money to illegal immigrants simply because they are alive, voting by mail for everyone, mass release of felons from prisons because Heaven forbid they catch corona, and bailing out States which mishandled the outbreak and the money they already received from it. Incidentally, the States which mishandled the outbreak and the money they already received from it? Yes, they are primarily Democrat-controlled States.

Fortunately, her bill will never pass the Senate so it is dead on arrival.

Bizarrely, many Progressives disliked Pelosi's bill because it did not spend enough money and did not target money for their pet projects.

Anyway, the House is what mob rule looks like--they have the majority of votes and so they are passing whatever the hell they want to.

Return to “Coercri”