President Trump

Archive From The 'Tank
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
As I noted, this is the only pandemic in history which is being blamed on one specific individual in defiance of all logic, which means that the response has less to do with the actual event and more to do with him.
I think that's overstating it a bit...

Nobody is blaming it on him. What his political opponents are doing is blaming a poor / unfocused national response on him, I'll certainly give you that.

However, that's not necessarily unjustified in some respects, is it?

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

It is true that the national response was sloppy and unfocused, but then the response to the virus was never supposed to be a Federal issue since the States have that responsibility. Democrats do like broadcasting every updated death total and presenting that number as if it is somehow Trump's fault, though. The usual phrase is "a new record" but that is ridiculous--we have never had this corona before so by default every number is "a new record".
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, every number higher than the previous number certainly is.

To my mind, what's more "his fault" is the overblown, often contradictory messages he's putting out or allowing to be put out.

That was my issue with the so-called briefings before...he wasn't briefing anybody...he was campaigning.

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Avatar - Trump was telling us what the experts were saying. Well what they said changed. And it seems they lied about not needing masks originally so the government wouldn't run out.

And when Trumo announced his travel ban govenor Cuomo and rep Peloso directly contradicted him. As did Biden. All telling us Trump was a racist.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

The national response would have likely been far better coordinated were a cabal not trying to unseat the duly elected president during the beginning of the outbreak, and then seized upon it as a way to discredit said duly elected president.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I concur--it was less than a month after failing to remove Trump from office (despite winding up for that pitch for at least two years) that we started freaking out about corona for reasons which defied logic. "zomg! there will be bodies in the streets! shut everything down now!"

Everything the media has said and that Democrats have done since late February has been to advance these goals: throw Trump's Administration into disarray and blame him personally for the response in an attempt to cause him to lose in November. Democrats wanted the economy to fail, they wanted people to die so they could use the numbers against Trump, and they have wanted people to live in fear.
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Leaders, democratically elected or otherwise, are always on a hiding to nothing. That comes comes with the territory.
Some people need piety, or aggression, or calculated calm, or whatever else from their leaders. It is always nice to hear a leader say the things you are thinking. We are all looking for a leader with the oracles voice from the cave.
I am a little surprised Trump has not been on the end of more criticism.
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Kizza wrote:I am a little surprised Trump has not been on the end of more criticism.
Mor criticism? You mean more than the criticism he already receives from many media sources on a daily basis? Also, more criticism for what? They already blame him for everything even if he actually has no control over it, such as immigration law which is responsibility of Congress. They blame him for conora deaths when the response was the responsibility of State governors--Trump did not kill all those elderly people in New York by forcing them in to nursing homes, Cuomo did.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Hashi, you're right to point out that response to coronavirus is (as far as I understand it) the remit of each individual state - and as such, fuck all to do with Trump.

Having said that, he really hasn't helped himself by making a (pretty typical) series of dumb-assed pronouncements about coronavirus over the first 3 or so months of the outbreak....
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

TheFallen wrote:Hashi, you're right to point out that response to coronavirus is (as far as I understand it) the remit of each individual state - and as such, fuck all to do with Trump.

Having said that, he really hasn't helped himself by making a (pretty typical) series of dumb-assed pronouncements about coronavirus over the first 3 or so months of the outbreak....
We can always count on Trump to run off his virtual mouth via Twitter like a jackass. He has no filter.
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
TheFallen wrote:Hashi, you're right to point out that response to coronavirus is (as far as I understand it) the remit of each individual state - and as such, fuck all to do with Trump.

We can always count on Trump to run off his virtual mouth via Twitter like a jackass. He has no filter.
And that would be why he is open slather.
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Kizza wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:We can always count on Trump to run off his virtual mouth via Twitter like a jackass. He has no filter.
In spite of that, he is still better than the alternative.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Kizza wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:We can always count on Trump to run off his virtual mouth via Twitter like a jackass. He has no filter.
As he was in 2016.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:In spite of that, he is still better than the alternative.
As he was in 2016.
Well, he was demonstrably considered so in 2016 (which speaks far more about Hillary & the Dems than it does about Trump IMO, but it all amounts to the same thing).

And even now, I still maintain that Biden and the Dems are incapable of winning the White House for themselves later this year. However, unfortunately for Pubs, Trump is still capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and losing the November election.

Basically, the only person who can cost Trump a second term is Trump.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

Post by sgt.null »

Democrats are desperately fighting for mail in voting and ballot harvesting in hopes of stealing the election. With super delegates and admitting in court that they don't have to follow Democrat voters choices; it's almost like they don't want voters to choose.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

TheFallen wrote:
Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:In spite of that, he is still better than the alternative.
As he was in 2016.
Well, he was demonstrably considered so in 2016 (which speaks far more about Hillary & the Dems than it does about Trump IMO, but it all amounts to the same thing).

And even now, I still maintain that Biden and the Dems are incapable of winning the White House for themselves later this year. However, unfortunately for Pubs, Trump is still capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and losing the November election.

Basically, the only person who can cost Trump a second term is Trump.
Frankly the rioting is doing nothing but bolstering his campaign. People are watching Democrat politicians capitulate to the mob and thinking, "fuck that".

I have been a consistent 3rd-party voter for quite some time. Not this time.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Obi - I never vote straight party. That changes this year.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Just remember, Sarge--there is no going into a Texas voting booth and hitting "D" or "R" any more. Democrats were quite upset about the end of straight-party voting because that means people must actually read the entire ballot instead of absent-mindedly hitting a letter.

Attorney General Barr will be testifying before the House Judiciary Committee today. He knows they will be trying to entrap him or get him to say certain things, but he is smarter than that. I suspect that he will wind up being in charge of the proceedings because the Democrats on the committee are only looking to score points.
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Kizza wrote:
True.
How sad is that?!
Biden appears way past it unfortunately.
Has Kanye been sworn in on The Simpson’s yet?
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Hashi - the Barr hearing was a disgrace on the Democrats part. They would ask a question and before Barr would answer they would scream they were reclaiming their time.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Coercri”