Covid-19

Archive From The 'Tank
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

(..... and apparently how the US will soon treat theirs?)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Kizza
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kizza »

I wish they would stop calling it the “mask debate”.
Especially when they say it fast. It cracks me up.
Never fight fair with a stranger, boy. You'll never get out of the jungle that way. - Arthur Miller
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

peter wrote:(..... and apparently how the US will soon treat theirs?)
That is what all the fuss was about. People demanded that we all obey the dictates being handed down to us by unelected "county managers" becuase they have the authority to declare medical emergencies and all their dictates have the force of law, even if those dictates violate other laws or rights. No proof that corona is actually deadly to those who are younger and/or who have no underying medical conditions? Irrelevant--all gyms, hair/nail salons, etc. had to close no matter how clean or safe they made their establishment. They got to declare which businesses were "non-essential" without any clear definitions in place other than whimsy.

Now, of course, we have random people thinking they are the mask police--this one lady went up to a couple who were outside and engaging in social distancing then maced them because they wern't wearing a mask while they ate food. If I am not wearing a mask and someone tries to get in my face over it or assault me over it, they had better be prepared to finish the job because I will make sure they regret their mistake.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Use of force continuum. One step above Mace is?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

sgt.null wrote:Use of force continuum. One step above Mace is?
It is only a matter of time before someone is killed by a rabid "complier" for not wearing a mask. Remember: not wearing a mask makes you both evil and selfish, so you are not human and thus worthy of extermination like a rat. The self-proclaimed mask police have fallen victim to the lie that contracting corona is an automatic death sentence.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, a rabid "denier" already stabbed somebody who confronted them about not wearing a mask, and was subsequently shot by police...

Uh, actually I see there have been several cases of "deniers" shooting at people (and police) who asked them to wear masks, were refused service due to not wearing one, or were confronted over not wearing one.

I found 3 separate incidents just in the last week on just the first page of search results. :D (Not counting the one I mentioned in the first para, which was 2 weeks ago. ish)

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Avatar wrote:were refused service due to not wearing one
Business owners are allowed to refuse service to people who do not wear a mask if they have a clearly-posted sign saying "wear a mask". I don't have a problem with that because I support small business rights...just like I support their right *not* to bake a cake or make a flower arrangement for someone with whose lifestyle they disagree.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
sgt.null wrote:Use of force continuum. One step above Mace is?
It is only a matter of time before someone is killed by a rabid "complier" for not wearing a mask. Remember: not wearing a mask makes you both evil and selfish, so you are not human and thus worthy of extermination like a rat. The self-proclaimed mask police have fallen victim to the lie that contracting corona is an automatic death sentence.
When did the left and right switch beliefs on the government controlling the population? The left told us within my lifetime to question authority.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

sgt.null wrote:When did the left and right switch beliefs on the government controlling the population? The left told us within my lifetime to question authority.
They got a taste of power during Bill's 8 years, then their mouth watered for power during Bush's "stolen" 8 years (because everyone knows that Al Gore actually won :roll:), then they got another taste of power with Obama and they just knew that HIllary was going to win.

The Left now just wants power and no one gains or retains power by telling citizens to question authority.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:The Left now just wants power and no one gains or retains power by telling citizens to question authority.
Hence the reason the economy's been tanked, and why they don't want their latest puppet to engage in a debate.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Many physicians who are refusing to prescribe hydroxychloroquine and many pharmacies which are refusing to fill those prescriptions did not think twice about over-prescribing, or filling the orders for, opiod painkillers.

They don't mind if you get addicted but if Trump thinks it is okay they will refuse, even if the treatment works (some studies still indicate that it is effective).

People are now writing obituaries and directly blaming Trump for their relatives' deaths due to corona. I told you that people were blaming him personaly for it, just like Democrats are using it as a political weapon. If Biden wins in November we will stop hearing about corona by Christmas.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Avatar wrote:Well, a rabid "denier" already stabbed somebody who confronted them about not wearing a mask, and was subsequently shot by police...

Uh, actually I see there have been several cases of "deniers" shooting at people (and police) who asked them to wear masks, were refused service due to not wearing one, or were confronted over not wearing one.

I found 3 separate incidents just in the last week on just the first page of search results. :D (Not counting the one I mentioned in the first para, which was 2 weeks ago. ish)

--A
Right?
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Many physicians who are refusing to prescribe hydroxychloroquine and many pharmacies which are refusing to fill those prescriptions did not think twice about over-prescribing, or filling the orders for, opiod painkillers.

They don't mind if you get addicted but if Trump thinks it is okay they will refuse, even if the treatment works (some studies still indicate that it is effective).

People are now writing obituaries and directly blaming Trump for their relatives' deaths due to corona. I told you that people were blaming him personaly for it, just like Democrats are using it as a political weapon. If Biden wins in November we will stop hearing about corona by Christmas.
Well to be fair Trump has been downplaying the health threat and heavily promoting hydroxychloroquine .. which has been proven to be ineffective in any stage of the virus .. so yeah .. kinda sounds like roosters coming home to roost.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:Well to be fair Trump has been downplaying the health threat and heavily promoting hydroxychloroquine .. which has been proven to be ineffective in any stage of the virus .. so yeah .. kinda sounds like roosters coming home to roost.
What threat? Global infection rate of 0.24%, global mortality rate of 3.76%, and a mortality rate of maybe 1% for all age groups under 60 is not a significant threat.

For every study showing that hydroxychloroquine isn't effective--and you have to remember that these days even scientific researchers have political motivations--there is another study showing that it is. If your doctor wants to prescribe it then a pharmacy should fill it. Like I said, they did not mind filling all those opiod prescriptions so they cannot refuse these.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S120 ... 8/fulltext

You'll have to copy & paste the link thanks to the parenthesis, but there's another one.

In further (or fuhrer) news, Los Angeles Mayor threatens to shut off utilities to private homes hosting large gatherings. What could possibly go wrong?
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:In further (or fuhrer) news, Los Angeles Mayor threatens to shut off utilities to private homes hosting large gatherings. What could possibly go wrong?
I am waiting for someone to explain how the mayor has the authority to shut off utilities to private homes. I will have to wait a really long time because there is no logical explanation for that.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Skyweir wrote:Well to be fair Trump has been downplaying the health threat and heavily promoting hydroxychloroquine .. which has been proven to be ineffective in any stage of the virus .. so yeah .. kinda sounds like roosters coming home to roost.

For every study showing that hydroxychloroquine isn't effective--and you have to remember that these days even scientific researchers have political motivations--there is another study showing that it is.

If your doctor wants to prescribe it then a pharmacy should fill it. Like I said, they did not mind filling all those opiod prescriptions so they cannot refuse these.
Utter BS .. there is no creditable study that shows hydroxychloroquine is in anyway effective against corona.

The question should be .. why? Why is Trump and your government obsessed with hydroxychloroquine?

Its time to move on to something that IS effective. Why insist on flogging that dead horse? Makes zero sense.

Hey that crazy doctor Stella Immanuel would probably be the only one that would prescribe it ... and yeah .. she crazy
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:Utter BS .. there is no creditable study that shows hydroxychloroquine is in anyway effective against corona.
Yes, there are and you know that there are but you are already totally commited to "Trump likes it therefore I do not". I will not try to convince you otherwise.

That is why using the phrase "beleive the science" is meaningless because my question is "which science do you believe? the science which agrees with you or the science which disagrees with you?".

Skyweir wrote:The question should be .. why? Why is Trump and your government obsessed with hydroxychloroquine?
Trump is not "the government" because there are many Federal officials who disagree with him. As far as why he is obsessed with it...well, that is probably because he is looking for a "win".
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Well he might want to put on his spectacles cuz he aint gonna get a win following the hydroxychloroquine rabbit.

And it seems pointless discussing this with you .. I am not against hydroxychloroquine BECAUSE I dislike Trump .. I am against hydroxychloroquine BECAUSE medical professionals, virologists and the research says it's ineffective.

Trump will not secure a win with hydroxychloroquine but he is as happy blindly ignoring expert advice .. like so many of his followers are.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Well in more "news" this morning is the headline
"Model predicts US death toll by December at 300K"
Its fear mongering at its best. TF and I have long predicted that we will see that number by end of year (under the best circumstances). I have us at 342K best case scenario by end of December (assuming no effective treatment is rolled out) Where were their models earlier in the year when the predictions each week were off by the thousands?

They also fail to mention that the number of deaths in April and May are 2X the number in June and July. And all else aside half of the deaths in April and May were from negligence as it pertains to nursing homes (primarily in NY).

Hydroxychloroquine - My take on it is that it is ineffective. I have no idea why this keeps getting rolled out on the web as a conspiracy for someone to keep an effective treatment away from those suffering from the effects of this virus. You can add to that pile zinc, melatonin, and D vitamins.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image

Return to “Coercri”