The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Oh shit, sorry, totally forgot I owed a question here...uh...back soon...? ;)

--A

Cool! 8) I'll try to remember to put in a guess this time (got a bit too busy with the Gap dissections, lately)!
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

:goodpost:
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Well to put at least this thread back on track....wonders if Avatar has a question yet. 8O
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Oh damn. I been so up and down and not present lately that I still haven't sorted myself out. Any minute now Cord Hurn is going to be telling me I own him a Gap dissection. :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Oh damn. I been so up and down and not present lately that I still haven't sorted myself out. Any minute now Cord Hurn is going to be telling me I own him a Gap dissection. :D

--A
I know the feeling , Avatar! :wink: But actually, I just sent you a PM requesting you hold off on giving me a Gap dissection for at least a couple of more weeks. 8)

Post by Avatar »

That will not be a problem, I assure you. :D

Ok, question:

Once Mordant erupts into war, with Kragen beating on the gates, who defeats the Perdon, and how?

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

High King Festten, by having the Perdon surrounded?
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

Avatar wrote:That will not be a problem, I assure you. :D

Ok, question:

Once Mordant erupts into war, with Kragen beating on the gates, who defeats the Perdon, and how?

--A
Oohh, nice question, and (depending on what you're thinking with the "and how" question) I'm wondering if Cord's answer is quite good enough. Lush (or should I say "graphic") details abound on this one.
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is, since Cord actually did propose an answer, I'll propose one, too...

The Perdon was defeated at Esmerel after a long fight of attrition with Fettesen's troops - sending his dead and wounded to Orison as promised, but having them intercepted by the Alend siege (where the survivors were treated as well as possible under the conditions).

The final defeat found the Perdon impaled through his mouth and throat to a table, surrounded by his dead elite, posed in a diorama - a veritable pastiche of various obscene acts with themselves and each other.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok

Post by Avatar »

Damn I thought that would be a tougher question. :D

Well done both of you. However, I'm giving this one to Cord Hurn, because his contains the two things I wanted in the answer...High King Fessten, and "by surrounding him."

Granted, perhaps some mention could have been made that it was a surprise, but the essential points were covered.
And then, while the Perdon was still trying to figure out what Fessten was doing, the High King sent out nearly five thousand soldiers to encircle and trap the lord.
While IS is accurate in his (graphic) description of the Perdon's final disposition (didn't mention the corkscrew though... ;) ) and the overarching view, CH got both specifics.

SO...his question. :D

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Well, I said it depended on which details you were actually looking for... :)
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Thank you, Avatar. As IS has said, it depends upon what you were looking for in the details. I was just hap[y to throw some answer out there, and see how well it matched your expectations. I'll come u[p with another question, shortly.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

New Mordant's Need Trivia question:

During the contest between Geraden and Gart in the Image Room of the stronghold, Gart sends some of those rapacious black dots at Geraden. One response Geraden has to these deadly dots is to use a mirror to translate them away. What is shown in the mirror that Geraden uses?
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Cord Hurn wrote:New Mordant's Need Trivia question:

During the contest between Geraden and Gart in the Image Room of the stronghold, Gart sends some of those rapacious black dots at Geraden. One response Geraden has to these deadly dots is to use a mirror to translate them away. What is shown in the mirror that Geraden uses?
When did Gart become an Imager? ;)

I'll just melt away here and let someone else have a chance to answer once you've clarified things a bit...
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

IrrationalSanity wrote:
Cord Hurn wrote:New Mordant's Need Trivia question:

When did Gart become an Imager? ;)

I'll just melt away here and let someone else have a chance to answer once you've clarified things a bit...

OOPS, I'd better correct that error, PRONTO! :oops:

Rephrasing my trivia question:

During the contest between Geraden and Gilbur in the Image Room of the stronghold, Gilbur sends some of those rapacious black dots at Geraden. One response Geraden has to these deadly dots is to use a mirror to translate them away. What is shown in the mirror that Geraden uses? :?:
IrrationalSanity wrote:I'll just melt away here and let someone else have a chance to answer once you've clarified things a bit..
Ha-ha, yet ANOTHER great hint from Sanity! :lol: 8)

Post by Avatar »

The ghouls world / whatever? Something acidic anyway...

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:The ghouls world / whatever? Something acidic anyway...

--A

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sounds right to me, Avatar! Congratulations, it's your question! 8) :P :biggrin: :twisted:

Post by Avatar »

Eh, throwaway answers... :D

Ok...

What alleviated Terisa's intimidation on entering the Domne's home after her tour with Minick?

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Eh, throwaway answers... :D

Ok...

What alleviated Terisa's intimidation on entering the Domne's home after her tour with Minick?

--A
Well, it might be because she realized that all the noise going on in the Domne's home was the cacophony of a loving, supportive , vibrant family, and she learned to relax and just appreciate it. |G

Or, it may be that she was able to alleviate her intimidation because someone handed her a foaming tankard of ale to drink shortly after she had come inside (that can certainly work to alleviate some of my intimidation, anyway). :beer: ;)
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Re: The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

Cord Hurn wrote:
Avatar wrote:Eh, throwaway answers... :D

Ok...

--A
Well, it might be because she realized that all the noise going on in the Domne's home was the cacophony of a loving, supportive , vibrant family, and she learned to relax and just appreciate it. |G

Or, it may be that she was able to alleviate her intimidation because someone handed her a foaming tankard of ale to drink shortly after she had come inside (that can certainly work to alleviate some of my intimidation, anyway). :beer: ;)
What triggers this transformation of view is Quiss smiling at the stove as she greets Terisa..
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Return to “Mordant's Need”