The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, since I don't know the answer to the bonus question, it would scarcely be fair to use it as my own question. :D

Right...

What brief sight astonished Geraden out of his distress as Havelock led he and Terisa through the tunnels away from the attack of the cockroach things?

:D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

oooh I feel I know this … deep in the recesses of my mind lol 😂 but cannot access it 🤦‍♀️

I am sure I read this within the last year also gdi lol 😂
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

Avatar wrote:Well, since I don't know the answer to the bonus question, it would scarcely be fair to use it as my own question. :D

Right...

What brief sight astonished Geraden out of his distress as Havelock led he and Terisa through the tunnels away from the attack of the cockroach things?

--A
OK, I'll provide the answer to my bonus question.
{what were} the other ramification(s) {Eremis's} choice of {the slug} mirror {to rescue Terisa and Gereden} ultimately revealed - and should have much sooner, had folks been paying attention at the time.
The slug mirror was one that was in Havelock's collection of mirrors captured during Joyce's first war of Imagery. Basically, by Eremis using the it that early in the story, he revealed that he was either 1. the maker of that glass, and/or 2. an Adept. That should have been noticed/caught by someone on the Congery long before he unleashed the slug in battle.

While it was never directly confirmed in the text either way, the preponderance of evidence is that he was actually both the maker and an Adept. Vagel had the ability to create precise mirror formulas. Gilbur could produce them quickly. Eremis held the secret to translating glass through glass. Since he couldn't quickly produce mirrors, as Adept he (and Vagel, presumably Adept as well) needed to rely on Gilbur as a mirror factory. As for being the maker, he was particularly knowledgeable about the slug's nature, and how it would respond to various stimuli.
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok

Post by Avatar »

Oooh, nice one. :D

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Avatar wrote:Well, since I don't know the answer to the bonus question, it would scarcely be fair to use it as my own question. :D

Right...

--A
f I remember correctly he spottted Nyle and Geraden had no idea that Nyle was around the castle because Nyle had not bothered to contact Geraden.
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.

Post by Avatar »

Nope, 'fraid not. It was something in a room which had a normal appearing door on the outside, but was heavily barred and bolted on the inside...

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Avatar wrote:Nope, 'fraid not. It was something in a room which had a normal appearing door on the outside, but was heavily barred and bolted on the inside...

--A
Hmmm I think I am getting mixed up on story lines and recollections of different things that seem like the same thing.

So this is more of a wild guess that somehow seems maybe right....

Did he see a collection of mirrors that no one was supposed to see (or at least very few people had knowledge of their existence) I seem to be remembering something about members of Congery convincing King Joyce to keep some mirrors that he wanted to destroy after defeating enemies. They kept these captureed mirrors in this secure location.

Would not be surprised if I am WAY off lol
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.

Post by Avatar »

Actually, you're almost spot-on. :D

He saw the mirrors which Joyce had confiscated during his "unification" of imagery, but not bothered to turn over to the Congery afterwards. :D

Good enough for me. :D

Your question.

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Avatar wrote:Actually, you're almost spot-on. :D

He saw the mirrors which Joyce had confiscated during his "unification" of imagery, but not bothered to turn over to the Congery afterwards. :D

Good enough for me. :D

Your question.

--A
Sorry it took me so long - truthfully I just kind of needed a break.

Anyways....

I am thinking a pretty easy question but time will see.

When Master Barsonage takes Geraden to Adept Havelocks mirrors

1. What image does Geraden create
2. What realization does Geraden come to when he did not create the image in the glass in front of him?
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Geraden created an Image of the front entrance of Esmerel. When he hadn't changed the Image of the flat glass in front of him, he realized his talent involved changing the Images of curved mirrors.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Cord Hurn wrote:Geraden created an Image of the front entrance of Esmerel. When he hadn't changed the Image of the flat glass in front of him, he realized his talent involved changing the Images of curved mirrors.
Correct! Good job Cord Hurn!

Your question.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Thank you, Sam. I'll try to come up with a new trivia question by this weekend.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

To what kind of animal does Master Gilbur compare Master Quillon after he fatally stabs him in the back?

Post by Avatar »

Hmmm, I'll give somebody else a chance first. :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

A hint: the animal Gilbur calls Quillon isn't the same animal that SRD frequently uses to describe Quillon.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Cord Hurn wrote:A hint: the animal Gilbur calls Quillon isn't the same animal that SRD frequently uses to describe Quillon.
I actually have no idea. But since no one else is guessing I will throw a wild guess out there an say Whelp?
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Sorry, it's not Whelp.

Post by Avatar »

Cord Hurn wrote:A hint: the animal Gilbur calls Quillon isn't the same animal that SRD frequently uses to describe Quillon.
Oh, damn, I think I may be mixing those up...I was gonna say "Rabbit" but that might be his usual description... :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

"Rabbit" is not correct, sorry.

Post by Avatar »

A squirrel?

--A

Return to “Mordant's Need”