The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Sorry, no. Thank you for making a guess, Sam, but Prince Kragen was not described as being a harlequin.
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

I'm not sure if I should climb upon my high horse alongside the river and give a clue, or just charge ahead like Dudley Do-Right on his way to deposit his paycheck and answer the question...
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

IrrationalSanity wrote:I'm not sure if I should climb upon my high horse alongside the river and give a clue, or just charge ahead like Dudley Do-Right on his way to deposit his paycheck and answer the question...

8O IrrationalSanity is giving out some brilliantly clever hints, as usual! 8) :thumbsup:
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Yipes...I still don't know although I am sure those clues are excellent.

Oh what the heck..my guess is knight?
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

samrw3 wrote:Yipes...I still don't know although I am sure those clues are excellent.

Oh what the heck..my guess is knight?
I've mixed a couple of metaphors there. But think of what the first section says I'm doing, and where, or what Dudley Do-Right does for a living, and where he would be going... They're two ways of saying the same thing...
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

I'll try adding a hint: Sam, the disguise that Price Kragen adopts at Orison's bazaar represents a character that does something to raise itself up, but not with stilts.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Ahhh I finally got it.

I actually had part of the name in my head but I could not connect final dots until now. For some reason I thought the disguise was countebank but when I looked that up no luck so that is why I guessed harlequin.

But the answer is mountebank which happens to have a costume sort of like harlequin,

Anyway the should be answer: Mountebank
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

PS did anyone have stilits or some platform or something where they were viewing something from a higher position? I seem to remember something like that??
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

Post by Cord Hurn »

samrw3 wrote:Ahhh I finally got it.

I actually had part of the name in my head but I could not connect final dots until now. For some reason I thought the disguise was countebank but when I looked that up no luck so that is why I guessed harlequin.

But the answer is mountebank which happens to have a costume sort of like harlequin,

Anyway the should be answer: Mountebank
"Mountebank" is the correct answer, Sam! Well done! :banana: :7up: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :7up: :banana:

It's your trivia question! 8) 8) 8)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Damn I would not have got that. :D To me a mountebank is a charlatan, a cheat, and how would you disguise yourself as that? :D

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote:Damn I would not have got that. :D To me a mountebank is a charlatan, a cheat, and how would you disguise yourself as that? :D

--A
Hard to say, but that might be why SRD's description stood out well enough to make it memorable?
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

This is one picture I found:

A Mountebank

I will have a new question by Monday :)
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

samrw3 wrote:This is one picture I found:

A Mountebank

I like the snake-oil salesman/huckster image. Also, I suggest editing your post like I did, so the screen doesn't go crazy from that URL!
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

IrrationalSanity wrote:
samrw3 wrote:This is one picture I found:

A Mountebank

I like the snake-oil salesman/huckster image. Also, I suggest editing your post like I did, so the screen doesn't go crazy from that URL!
Sorry I am still new inserting quotes and so forth - did not know you could change url like that

Post by Avatar »

Fixed that for you. :D

So...

Code: Select all

[url=http://kevinswatch.ihugny.com]Link Text[/url]
Will look like Link Text.

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Couple questions about specific scene - probably pretty easy - but oh well :)

Scene - some Masters creating chasm to thwart Cadwals

1. What was Master name that was overseeing the creating of the chasm?

2. What was the Master name that they mention maintaining one side of the chasm? As further reference the Master in answer 1 has some discussions with this Master while maintaining the chasm.

Post by Avatar »

Damn, good question. :D I remember the chasm and how it was done, but not who was doing it. (Didn't they mess up eventually and destroy one of the mirrors?...or did they just talk about what would happen if they did?)

Anyway, no idea. :D

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

I remember one of the names (the elder master, I believe), but not the other.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

I will provide roundabout clues that either willl help or create more chaos because these are the best clues I can think of:

8)

I hope I don't have to randomly light fires under each of you to get you to answer the question.

But I also hope that my second question does not become a whale of a problem.

Both of these clues are fairly oblique but the best I can think of (in other words they only contain enough of a clue to guide to Masters Names without having the actual Masters true name in clue answers)
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

samrw3 wrote:I will provide roundabout clues that either willl help or create more chaos because these are the best clues I can think of:

8)

I hope I don't have to randomly light fires under each of you to get you to answer the question.

But I also hope that my second question does not become a whale of a problem.

Both of these clues are fairly oblique but the best I can think of (in other words they only contain enough of a clue to guide to Masters Names without having the actual Masters true name in clue answers)
Actually, now I'm lost. I thought one of the Masters was Vixix (or something to that effect...), but that doesn't even come close to your clues.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Return to “Mordant's Need”