Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Welcome KoriksGhost and AcousticJames!!
(Journey Of the Broke)
:LOLS: So true.....

And AcousticJames, Avatar is absolutely right. The "My World" Forum is meant for exactly that - posting links to your own website for all to see. Have at it! :D

And have loads of fun, both of you!! :bestwishes: :letsparty:
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Eryne
Stonedownor

Post by Eryne »

Hello all! I recently registered to this site. Kinda new to thw whole forum thing...

My name's Shannon. Live in Sin City, Nevada (anyone else out there?). Was originally born in RAF Lakenheath, England. Just turned legal to gamble the other month. Red Hair. Blue eyes. 5'something (short though). I absolutely love archery and anything outdoors or forest-y. I swear I must've been an elf or a woodhelvennin in another life...

Right now I'm just attending college and working just under full-time. Getting by to pay for my car and out-doors stuff.

That's about it. Nothing to interesting.

HI!!! :wave:
"Darkness withers the heart."
Believer
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Believer »

I dunno, I think anyone who likes the SRD's works enough to be on this site is interesting at least for that reason, if not for many others...

I've been here a while but don't know if I've ever posted on this thread. I mainly just make silly comments about things. I probably make one serious post every 2-3 months :)
PitchDude
Stonedownor

Post by PitchDude »

Hi Eryne!

I'm with Believer - you sound fascinating. LV is one of my favourite places in the states, and red hair and blue eyes? Makes me think I should go ring-shopping. :-)

Be welcome and true.
Only a person who has truly experienced the consequences of his/her own destructive actions is qualified to evaluate--is, indeed, capable of evaluating--his/her future actions in order to make meaningful choices between destruction and preservation. - SRD
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Eryne wrote:Live in Sin City, Nevada (anyone else out there?).
Greetings. I was born and raised in Nevada. Reno, though I've been to Vegas several times (great place to visit, but I'll take Reno and the rest of Northern Nevada any day). I'm not there now, though.
Dawngreeter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Dawngreeter »

Hi there everyone. I just got off of a huge reading of ALL the Tolkien stuff and now reading SRD's for the first time around. Honestly I'm a little suprised to find myself coming to a place like this - you know it's kinda...well nerdy. That's fine though cause I have no else to talk to about these cool books.

I'm a 33 yo man living in Northeast Ohio, I've been an architectural draftsman since 1992. I'm an avid musician, videography / photgraphy, gun-slinging biker. Recenty I went on a bike trip from Cleveland to Knoxville for a ralley, what a blast. But don't tell my biker buddys I hang out here.. :oops:
Last edited by Dawngreeter on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Secret's safe with me Dawngreeter.

I'm a 35 year old Commercial Banker in Worcester, MA. You don't tell and I won't.

P.S.
Nice state OH. I went to school at the College of Wooster. SRD's undergrad alma mater.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Forest Dreamer
Servant of the Land

Post by Forest Dreamer »

All I can say to you Dawn Greeter is WOW!! You are a glutton! This from a woman who read Runes in two days :)

Anyway Hi to you and all.

I am a 50yo Lecturer in Graphic PrePress (digital preparation of artwork/type for printing and/or publishing) in Perth, Western Australia and have been reading fantasy since I first read Tolkien in my early teens.

I have an eclectic taste in books that ranges from Richard Feynman to Traci Harding (an Oz light fantasist), from Thom Hartmann to Charles de Lint, from Stephen Donaldson to Dan Brown, from Tolkien to Simon Singh, from David Keirsey to Colleen McCullough, from Sherri S Tepper to Leon Uris, from Michener to Clive Barker (except that I cannot get into his Abarat series), from Maya Angelou to Ben Bova, Kahlil Gibran to Stephen King etc. Sorry - I got carried away but you get the picture. ;)

Half a lifetime of a love of escaping into other worlds.

My favourite book? It has to be "Flowers for Algernon" closely followed by "Ecotopia" and "The Prophet"

My other passions are family, garden, assisting others to achieve their potential, collecting Mexican silver jewellery and music of all genres except death metal. :|

Anyway - it is good to be among fellow Donaldson fans ;)

Deb aka forest dreamer
"Never tell a child a thing is impossible. God may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant of the impossibility to do just that thing" adapted from a quote of Dr J A Holmes
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Welcome, Forest Dreamer.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Forest Dreamer
Servant of the Land

Post by Forest Dreamer »

Thank you Caer Sylvanus - I see we share a love of trees forestal ;)

forest dreamer
"Never tell a child a thing is impossible. God may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant of the impossibility to do just that thing" adapted from a quote of Dr J A Holmes
Condign
Ramen

Post by Condign »

I am posting this so as not to be rude and bandy about my opinions with nothing hazarded.
My name I will not divulge, but my other details can be recorded: I am a creative director for an ad agency, also a writer, and have done both Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace) and English Literature at University. So as you can see, I've been a little confused about life.
However, one thing has been quite clear; my love of a good story. And SRD has helped me waste away extraordinary numbers of hours in my life enjoying his fecund imagination . . . .
A copious vocabulary is no substitute for intelligence.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome, Condign! We're glad you're here!
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

I am Teresa and I am 34 years old. I am no longer an indigent single mom! I am an employed single mom! I am an Assistant Engineer at a company that builds classroom and library furniture. I have 3 kids. Two girls ages 9 and 6 and a boy age 3. I am a former preschool teacher. I love to read, write, sing, dance and play video games. I am on challenge mode on Ratchet and Clank 2. Hmmm... that is all I can think of for now.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

WELL HERE IT GOES................

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

My name is Paul Haynes,Ihave two beloved sons,Daniel 4,and Steven 2.I am married to a wonderful woman Ashley(any woman who would put up with me is wonderful).I am 30 years old,live in a really rustic little community in Alabama called Boldo,no missprint really, Boldo.I work in retail managment which is a paradox because I'm not very social and I'm not into power trips-live and let live man.I enjoy playing with and teaching my children,cooking(and eating),reading of course!,college football-the only sport I really care about,playing guitar,listening to music,comedy:Monty Python,George Carlin,Richard Pryor and others.My favorite books are all the TC books,most things Tolkien,Harry Potter series(yea I'm just a big kid) I really only like to read books about things that could not possibly actually happen,It is my prefered form of escapeism.By the way although I have a larger than average vocabulary,I can't spell for crap,so just bear with me.Any way I'm very happy to have found this place and look forward to being a part of this community.Till next time Be True.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

We're glad you found it too. Look forward to your participation, and hope you enjoy yourself as much as we do.

Take it easy
LaurieAnn
Stonedownor

Post by LaurieAnn »

My username says LaurieAnn, but you can just call me Laurie. ("Laurie" was already taken as a username)

I'm old enough to remember The Howdy Doody Show, and young enough to love Harry Potter, though fantasy isn't my preferred genre. I read a lot of historical novels, especially those set in Britain or Ireland, and I also read books with titles like The Oxford Illustrated History of the British Monarchy and The Decline and Fall of the British Aristocracy. In other words, I'm one of those strange people who reads history for FUN rather than because some teacher says they have to. 8O

I work as a private tutor, teaching mostly reading and math to kids in Elementary, Jr. High and High School. I love working one-on-one with kids and seeing their faces light up when they finally get it, but another reason I love what I do is the work hours. Because my job doesn't begin until school lets out, I can indulge my inner "night-owl", stay up into the wee-hours reading or surfing the 'Net, then sleep until noon (or after). I am definitely NOT a morning person. :Z:

I heard about Kevin's Watch from one of your members, ChoChiyo, who mentioned it on another board we both belong to. She thought I'd enjoy some of the discussions here, and after scanning some of the threads, I agree. It'll be interesting. :)
Laurie

Do you really want me to answer that?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Welcome, LaurieAnn!
LaurieAnn
Stonedownor

Post by LaurieAnn »

Thanks, DLBpharmD !
Laurie

ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Yay!!!!! Laurie!!!!!

Welcome!

((((U)))))

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
LaurieAnn
Stonedownor

Post by LaurieAnn »

Hi Cho !

Yeah, trouble's arrived.

Just kidding, folks. I'm really a mild, meek little bookworm.
Laurie

Return to “General Discussion Forum”