SRD Book Tour

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

The Silver Diner is marginally easier to find from the expressway than the IHOP on Duke St. So maybe that's the best place. Agreed?

I'm going to start a new topic in the general SRD Discussion folder, and see if we have anybody else in the DC area who's interested in coming.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Sounds good to me.

Silver Diner at 10:30ish then? I'll try to call them and make reservations for five of us - unless you guys are going to bring spouses and children? Which is fine with me, but mine will probably stay at home - the wife doesn't read fantasy, and has little understanding of the people who do (including myself < grin >). And I haven't passed the books on to my oldest (14) yet.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Hm...heh. I donno, I'd have to think to see if I'm doing anything. If I'm busy, you guys just go on without me, heh. Where is this thing going to be? If someone gives me an address, I can look it up online. I'll be coming from the College Park area, either with a car or by metro.-jay
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

You have to go, Jay! You're the High Lord! 8)
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

It's in the parking lot of the Springfield Mall. Where the beltway intersects I95 south. I think the last metro stop on the blue line ends at the Springfield Mall, but it's on the other side of the mall from the diner.

I'm in Potomac - just ten minutes or so from College Park. I can give you a ride if you want.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

It's Franconia Rd. Metro (Blue Line) that's near (very close to!) Springfield Mall. In fact, there's a free shuttle bus from the Metro stop to the mall.

<in wheedling tone> Aw, c'mon, Jay.... I'll buy you breakfast....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

From the GI yesterday:
steve cook: Hello stephen, As i'm sure you must hear on a VERY regular basis,i've been a huge fan of your work for longer than i care to remember. I was blown away when i found this site, and when you actually replied to one of my more inane questions...i was happily amazed that my all-time favourite author took the time communicate with me. (And to the point....) So i really wanted to come to the book signing on Nov. 9th and,at the risk of coming across as a gushy starstruck stalker, actually meet you.
Now having heard how much of an ordeal you find the whole process, i'm wondering if you'd prefer it if i stayed away?
Knowing that your answer is going to be " i couldn't possibly decide for you"i'll ask a 2nd question. If i do decide to come can i bring my own copy to be signed(i don't want to wait another 3 weeks before i get it?)

Please come to the signing. That's what signings are *for*. If I didn't accept that, I wouldn't agree to do them.

And please do bring your own books to be signed. If I'm going to go to all the trouble of doing a signing, I am *not* going to let some bookstore restrict what can or cannot be signed.

(10/15/2004)
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Romeo wrote:Sounds good to me.

Silver Diner at 10:30ish then? I'll try to call them and make reservations for five of us - unless you guys are going to bring spouses and children? Which is fine with me, but mine will probably stay at home - the wife doesn't read fantasy, and has little understanding of the people who do (including myself < grin >). And I haven't passed the books on to my oldest (14) yet.
I'm not planning to bring my spouse or kids - but I'll take pictures of all spouses and kids that come (we'd never hear the end of it from Duchess if we didn't!! :wink: )
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

kevinswatch wrote:Hm...heh. I donno, I'd have to think to see if I'm doing anything. If I'm busy, you guys just go on without me, heh. Where is this thing going to be? If someone gives me an address, I can look it up online. I'll be coming from the College Park area, either with a car or by metro.-jay
www.silverdiner.com/locations/directory.html

Springfield is #7 - the one that says "Springfield"

heh - creator

[ :wink: :wink: :wink: - please come - it'll be fun!!!]
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Hm...Yeah...looking at the Metro map...it is really close to the Metro stop... I could potentially take that down to there pretty easily...heh. What time did you say you all are meeting there? 10:30am? Heh...hm... Thinking... It's not too late, is it?-jay
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

I won't have a copy of Runes to give you for SRD to sign, though, heh. I only have one copy, and it's going to take me months to finish it, hehe. So yeah, I'm definately not going to go if you guys are just going to spoil all of Runes for me. I'm only on page 40! :P -jay
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Oh - we won't spoil anything for you. I've had some practice in keeping my mouth shut. Heh heh.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

SRD has posted the dates for 3 conventions that he will be attending next year. Here's the link:

www.stephenrdonaldson.com/fromtheauthor_booktour.php

It would be nice if we could get some king of Elohimfest up for one or more of these events. Anyone interested?
Last edited by dlbpharmd on Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I can't find anything about conventions on that page??? But I am at work and in a hurry, so I might be blistering right over them.

I hope one of them is the World Fantasy Covention in Madison, Wisconsin next November, because I and at least one other Watcher (that I know of) have already sent in our money to attend it!!!!
Love as thou wilt.

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Sorry, I screwed the link up - it should work now.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Cool. Madison is on the list. :) Maybe I can even screw up enough courage to talk to him this time around! :oops: :oops:
Love as thou wilt.

Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Since I obviously can't ask Himself this question:

WHAT THE HECK HAS HE GOT AGAINST NEW ENGLAND??? :x

I'm moving to freakin' Albuquerque. I'm sick of this dagnabbid discrimination.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Best weather in the world Myste! 8) Come on out! We'll get you set up!
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Stop being so tempting, Danlo! No fair dangling Albuquerque weather in front of us who live in such cold and snowy climates! :| :| :|

:P :P :P
Love as thou wilt.

Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

I like cold and snowy... :) Unfortunately my car don´t :(
SLATFATF...

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”