What fantasy/science fiction book are you reading RIGHT NOW?

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

Over the Christmas break I finished 'White Gold Wielder' by SRD. Only a couple of months late on my re-read of the Chronicles before 'Runes'. Little pesky things like getting married and having a honeymoon got in the way and delayed things. ;) What an amazing transformation in Covenant, from the fallen 'Golden Boy' of LFB and his Unbelief to the honourable and wise man he has become in WGW.

So now I'm reading 'Runes' :D
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

WOOO HOOO! and there you go! :D
fall far and well Pilots!
LandTaster
Servant of the Land

Post by LandTaster »

Right now I'm finishing up The Illearth War, which I'll try to have done by new years. Then I'll take a short break from reading for a bit probly cuz I'll be *busy*, and after that I'm hoping to finish up the series. Then I can actually interact in the forum without being spoiled :wink: !
"I need soap, not more dirt."
Grimm
Stonedownor

Post by Grimm »

"Moving Mars" by Greg Bear, for the second time.
"Well, jynnan tonnyx all around then."
Sigilind
Servant of the Land

Post by Sigilind »

"The Gods in anger" by Adrian Cole
They were twins, Sigimund and Sigilind, one was lost without the other.
KATIE
Servant of the Land

Post by KATIE »

Right now I am reading Runes

I just finished Eddings The Hidden CIty
Invain
Giantfriend

Post by Invain »

Lord Foul's Bane. I've decided to re-read the Chronicles, this time in English - no translation can be as good as the original.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Absolutely right, Invain -- especially where Donaldson is the author. -- And welcome!

I just finished ANONYMOUS REX and am rereading PRISONER OF AZKABAN. REX for review and PRISONER because I've been watching my new DVD of it over and over.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I decided to have another go at getting stuck into The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Talk to me when you reach "Claw" I'll try to read along with you...I should never have left Superluminal at work--I get way too busy to get any personal work or reading done there... :?
fall far and well Pilots!
Man Of Westernesse
Stonedownor

Post by Man Of Westernesse »

Currently reading 'New Spring' by Robert Jordan.
It's re-awakned my appetite - next comes a re-read of the Wheel of Time Vols 1 to 10 (Will be third read of them).
"Out of the Great Sea to Middle Earth I am come. In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world" - JRR Tolkien.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You should go post in the Robert Jordan Forum - down in the Library.
duke
Giantfriend

Post by duke »

I finished 'Runes' the other night, and now join so many of you on the long wait for 'Fatal Revenant'. :D

Currently reading 'Drylands' by Thea Astley - I'll be reading some Lit for a while before delving back into fantasy (either Erikson or The Dark Tower...).
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

I'm reading "Faithful" by Stephen King and Stewart O'Nan. It's a fantasy about a season where the Boston Red Sox actually win the World Series!

Hold on...Wait a minute....Did it really?....Nah....Must be a fantasy! ;)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Just finished "The Real Story", just started "Forbidden Knowledge".
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Just finished Children of the Mind by O.S.Card.

Started on The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwall, historical fiction about the Danish invasions of England.

--A
SoulQuest1970
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulQuest1970 »

What I am reading right now is more horror. Along with sci/fi fantasy (which my particular horrors should belong to this genre), I love anything about ghosts. I am reading a British books right now called "The Wyrm." I am not far into it, but it is about this gallows in a town (Shillingham) that has been there for centuries and now the town commitee wants to remove it for construction purposes and renovate it for display elsewhere. Apparently something does not want it moved.
If women were in charge, the military would have to do bake sales in order to buy more weapons.

"You can always procrastinate later."
-me

"I'm not fat. I'm FLUFFY!"
- Garfield

"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
Today we remember to live and to love"

-"We Live"
by Superchick
Leonard Nimoy
Ramen

Post by Leonard Nimoy »

I am presently reading "Renegades of Pern".
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
___
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ___ »

Equality goes both ways, NOWgirl; you are allowed to real male authors. Still, I'm sure that's a good book you have there.
When the man with a 45 meets the man with a rifle, you said the man with a pistol is a dead man. Let's see if it's true.
TIC TAC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by TIC TAC »

I'm currently reading the side of my cereal box. High fantasy fiction indeed.
I'm actually trying to decide to read George R. R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones" but the effort is so taxing I've given up.
THOOLAH - Nuff said.

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”