women

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Sergio
Woodhelvennin

women

Post by Sergio »

i am so going to catch flack for this...but any women from New York, NY into TC?

it's a long story which i will gladly answer, but don't just assume i am being a pig :wink: i am one mind you, just don't assume am being one now :lol:
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Pig! This is a literary discussion board not a dating service! :P (...but I'm sure you expected such a response... 8) )
fall far and well Pilots!
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

I enjoy candlelight dinners, long walks on the beach and discussions about Leprosy. :LOLS:
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

danlo wrote:This is a literary discussion board not a dating service!
At least he's not from Russia...

... you aren't, are you? No dirty websites in your profile? No poor grammar asking what we think about Russian "entretainement" or dating over the Internet? ;)
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Sergio
Woodhelvennin

Post by Sergio »

hey, had to ask...you know what it is?

i just always swore if i ever saw a woman reading these books on the bus, i would go right up and start talking to her...mind you i do anyway (am a pig after all 8) ) but it would just be great if it was because of something like this, which is a huge thing for me...the books that is!
Last edited by Sergio on Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Sergio
Woodhelvennin

Post by Sergio »

i'm gonna catch more flak :x :x :x :x from this than i thought, aren't i?
At least he's not from Russia...
huh? what's that got to do with it. full blooded american here, and not poor grammer, but really lousy typing skills... :(
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Alynna is referring to occaisional bouts of "Russian Spam" that the board gets hit with every now and then. You've probably never noticed though, because the mods and admins do such an excellent job. ;)

--A
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

I am very much wanting American women for longish walks on, how you say? oh yes, beaches!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Hmm. Y'know, a lot of people meet online these days, leading to dating, marriage, etc. I know it's happened on other boards (Bannor's Tolkien board, for instance), but don't know for sure of any that have occured here. Personally, I think it would be a good thing.

The question is, should it be an overt thing? Should it be in Gen. Disc, over PM, or perhaps even a new forum? If so, what would we call it... Lady Alif's Chambers? Lair of the Merewives? *smirk*

I don't know. I wouldn't have much use for it, being married and all, but it would be interesting to observe. It's an interesting, maybe even important question, though, and I'm glad it came to light.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Sergio
Woodhelvennin

Post by Sergio »

dennisrwood wrote:oh yes, beaches!
well yes, it's sort of pronounced "beaches" with your accent, but it's spelled bi*ches. glad to be of service.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sylvanus wrote:...Personally, I think it would be a good thing.

The question is, should it be an overt thing? Should it be in Gen. Disc, over PM, or perhaps even a new forum? If so, what would we call it... Lady Alif's Chambers? Lair of the Merewives? *smirk*
A forum appeals to the voyeur in me, I must say, but perhaps for that very reason, PM's may be a better bet. Like Syl, I won't have any need for it, and surely it's the business of interested parties only?

:lol:

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Lady Alif's Chambers?
Ok, that's just funny as hell!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Oh, no......not another "Women" thread. Dude, just park your butt in the nearest Barnes & Nobles coffee shoppe, and keep an eye out for ladies in the SF/Fantasy section!
Oh, and change your hair style, too. :mrgreen:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Sergio
Woodhelvennin

Post by Sergio »

dANdeLION wrote:Dude, just park your butt in the nearest Barnes & Nobles coffee shoppe, and keep an eye out for ladies in the SF/Fantasy section!
seriously, believe it or not, not into sf/fantasy! these books were an exception for me, a huge exception.
As for the hair :!: I actually keep none. clean shaven all the way. i only let it grow for 2 weeks there so that my "have a nice day face" 8O would have some five o'clock shadow
dANdeLION wrote:Oh, no......not another "Women" thread
yup! i definitely started something bad here :twisted:
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Lady Alif's Chambers? Sounds nice. By invitation only? :mrgreen:
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Sergio wrote:
dANdeLION wrote:Dude, just park your butt in the nearest Barnes & Nobles coffee shoppe, and keep an eye out for ladies in the SF/Fantasy section!
seriously, believe it or not, not into sf/fantasy! these books were an exception for me, a huge exception.
As for the hair :!: I actually keep none. clean shaven all the way. i only let it grow for 2 weeks there so that my "have a nice day face" 8O would have some five o'clock shadow
dANdeLION wrote:Oh, no......not another "Women" thread
yup! i definitely started something bad here :twisted:
Alas, I have just scratched you from my dance card.

I'm holding out for a long-haired, scraggly-bearded neo-hippie who wants to move to the country, plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches, and blow up the tv (and who knows what else? I like blowing things up.

Interested Neo-Hippie tree-huggers may PM me.

;)

Heh heh heh

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

How 'bout a short haired, scraggly faced, neo-punk..who Lives in the country, Has a garden Has peach trees (and apples and blackberry and blueberry bushes, and cranberries) and ..has a wife...and two kids....and a TV always tuned to kids shows....and...up is about twenty three years younger than you....sounds...great...huh?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Well, it all sounds good up to the wife and kids part....will they understand another addition to the family?

Heh heh heh heh

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Well you could be the sexy live in nanny!
Although I couln't afford to pay you.
With money anyway!!
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

and then the thread was lost forever...

don't let this happen to your forums folks!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”