Episode 3 to be first pg-13 star wars...

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Variol Farseer
Bloodguard

Post by Variol Farseer »

:LOLS:
Without the Quest, our lives will be wasted.
Warmark Jay
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Warmark Jay »

Bit of an April Fool's joke. I have to say that Ep III does look like it might be the saving grace of the prequels; if it doesn't offer up much in the way of surprises, it still looks like it actually might deliver on Lucas' promise.
"That must be the King."
"How do you know?"
"He hasn't got sh*t all over him."
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

i dont know if it was mentioned in this thread(wow over 40 replies!!! yay me!!!) but lucas also plans to be making tv movies , or telefilms or whatever, after the III movie...
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

CJr - you're a very sick man.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Jeez, I haven't read Splinter since it came out. I remember liking it quite a bit, but then again I was 10.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I also haven't read Splinter since that first time so long ago, and I no longer have that copy, but I agree with VF that Empire contradicts some of the stuff in the book. I seem to recall that in Splinter
Spoiler
the spirit of Obi-Wan actually does intervene on behalf of Luke during a duel between him and Vader. But in Empire Ben tells Luke he cannot interfere if Luke chooses to confront Vader. I had no problem with Kenobi's spirit helping Luke against Vader: to me, it was Ben making good on his threat to Vader in the first SW film that if Vader struck him down, he would become "more powerful than you could possibly imagine." And then Lucas has him chicken out in Empire. D'oh!
I feel kinda goofy putting in spoilers for a decades-old book that probably every SW fan has read already, but whatever...

CovJr, you've spoiled Episode III! That was going to be the big shocker of the whole series! :screwy:
firelion
Giantfriend

Post by firelion »

Hey ho lets go!I found some good pictures(ignore the stupid captions)especially great is the one of Anakins crispy head!www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/ep3spoilers.html
"And now for something completely different".
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yep, definitely gonna have to read it again. (Picked up a copy 9=10 years ago in a 2nd hand bookstore.) Had no idea that it was the first novel though.

Say, I can't actually remember, but I got the impression from some of the "sequel" novels that Luke's mother was somebody else? Am I wrong? (Could easily be.)

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

firelion wrote:Hey ho lets go!I found some good pictures(ignore the stupid captions)especially great is the one of Anakins crispy head!www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/ep3spoilers.html
I saw a page a few weeks back where they took all the same pictures, put them in order and constructed the entire plot from those and other spoilers that've leaked. Can't remember where I found it, though.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

dlbpharmd wrote:CJr - you're a very sick man.
Hey, don't blame me! I just found it... :shifty:
Blue_Spawn
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Blue_Spawn »

"Chancelor, we have come to arrest you!"
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

The two lines from the trailer are convincing enough that the entire script is of an increadibly poor quality. Either that or the guys who made the trailer edited the footage to make it look stupid on purpose.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

When I hear something like that, I have to ask - what do you want or expect? Are you expecting this script to be in the King's English? What is so wrong or stupid about those two lines?
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

maybe that the chancellor COULD speak in 'the kings english' if he wanted to?

iunno...

the lines IM waiting for are

"LORD VADER"
"YES MASTER"
"RIIISE"

and as far as other star wars books go, ive only read one, and it was pretty cool...it was about 6 years ago though...
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Vader's ruined for me now; everytime I look at him I think of Hayden 'Poor Actor' Christensen.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

David Prowse wasn't much better - his gestures and mannerisms rarely matched Jones' voice.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

True, but Hayden just lacks presence - far below what one would expect for a powerful character such as Vader.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I agree. Considering he's meant to be a burgeoning dark lord, he's really not very imposing. They should have cast me.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

You're gonna get lightsabered.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Hahaha, I was just talking to her too. I'm telling you, give me a hangover and a couple of days' facial growth, and I can be the most malevolent-looking young bloke on earth :lol:

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”