Greetings from Australia!!

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Metal-Demon
Giantfriend

Greetings from Australia!!

Post by Metal-Demon »

Hello everyone!

Well, it's been a super-busy first few days here in the Land Down-Under! My girlfriend and I are having a wonderful time together ... and I can already tell that I'm going to have a tough time saying goodbye (again) when my trip is over.

In the meantime we are taking in as much as we can possibly fit in to the short time I am here ... we've so far taken a day-trip to Mt. Tambourine and O'Reilly's Rainforest Resort (both of which were absolutely beautiful) and spent a few days in Byron Bay - which unfortunately didn't like us that much as the weather was pretty shitty the entire time. We still had quite a few adventures while there in spite of Mother Nature's best attempts to soak us with rain at every opportunity! The highlight of that particular trip had nothing to do with the beach, the ocean or the historic lighthouse ... it was the romantic horse-back riding thru the bush that we enjoyed the most. It was just Lisa and I, and our guide (a wonderful girl from Denmark). We rode for about 2 hours and watched a beautiful Australian sunset! The flora and fauna that I've seen has been simply breathtaking ... in a few short days I've fallen in love with this country!

Otherwise we have been exploring around Brisbane and the West End (where my girlfriends apartment is located) and taking in all the sights and sounds (and indeed smells!) of the local area. As well I've been helping her fix up a few things in her apartment that needed some repair and dealing with her damn fridge (which we've since had replaced) ...

As well, I've meet all of Lisa's co-workers at her lab who are just brilliant ... in fact, we are spending several days with a couple of them when we go to Fraser Island this weekend.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I have time for ... if I get a chance I'll update my adventures in Oz next week!

Take care everyone, and I hope you are all doing well.

(And Loremaster, I'll be calling you sometime next week so we can meet up for coffee, if you are still interested!)
-- I've learnt everything I need to know about life just by listening to RUSH --
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Sounds like huge fun, M-D! Hope you have pics! :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Excellent MD! I hear and read nothing but great things about Australia!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

:) :) :)
I am definitely interested! I am free from sunday to wednesday.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Lady Revel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lady Revel »

I am so GLAD you are having such a good time! :)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Metal, I will be working the next 5 days; so are you free monday week?
Last edited by Loredoctor on Tue May 10, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Loremaster wrote:Metal.....are your free monday week?
Tell him "No", Metal. He won't respect you in the morning if you don't charge him at least $20. :twisted:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

dANdeLION wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Metal.....are your free monday week?
Tell him "No", Metal. He won't respect you in the morning if you don't charge him at least $20. :twisted:
I'm not that expensive ;)
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Hey Metal, you should come down here to wonderful Victoria... I must admit, Queensland certainly got some things going for it, but VICTORIA is the place to be! :lol:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

SeaReach, good to see (read?) you again. You've been very quiet lately. Busy?

--A
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Avatar wrote:SeaReach, good to see (read?) you again. You've been very quiet lately. Busy?
Hey Avatar. Yep, been quite busy doing EXCITING things (but I'm sworn to secrecy so I can't tell anyone)! :lol:

Hope you've been relaxing lots. :bounce03:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Always my dear. Always. ;)

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”