Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Good luck on that man. ;)

--A
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

I'm a nurse. I have worked in hospitals, long term care (nursing homes), correctional health care, and physician offices, currently a very busy Family Practice clinic.

I never wanted to be a nurse.......went into nursing because I found myself divorced with an 8 month old baby and no means of support. So, nursing....job availability and job security. I've never been out of work.

It was never meant to be for the long-haul. It was always just going to be "just for now". 27 years later, I'm still a nurse. I kind of like what I do! 8)
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Cool! 8)

I didn't know there was another nurse here. :)
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Returns Manager for a high-end shoe retail catalog. i'm the woman you gripe to. i can explain which shoes will work for your bunions and which will work for your hammer toes. i put out shipping fires and troubleshoot customer service. i am the person who tells you that no, we can't give you a full refund on this shoe you wore for a year before deciding it was too short! i also call customers when their credit cards decline to authorize funds!! oh joy. i am loud, disruptive, and obnoxious but they refuse to fire me as no one else wants to do my job. i get an excellent discount on the shoes!!

an i am going to school in the evening in the hopes that someone will eventually give me SOME kind of degree. :)

www.arthurberen.com
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Lucimay, about those shoes I bought for my son's wedding....... :lol:
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

onewyteduck....if there are NO scratches on the sole (you didn't dance all night!!) AND the manufacturer's logo stitched or stenciled on the footbed is not in anyway worn (i CAN'T see your toe prints in the footbed) AND the shoe is not currently on sale AND the shoe is resellable at original purchase price...and you ask me nicely and don't evidence a HUGE sense of entitlement.....maybe. :lol:

esmer...

the rat bstrd didn't purchase from me!!!!! and if he HAD he would most DEFINATELY NOT be getting a feckin refund!!!!!! :lol:

hottest selling shoe of the season and awesomely comfy!!!
www.berenshoes.com/Detail.bok?no=1546
Last edited by lucimay on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

:LOLS:
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

How much can I get back for my 70's platform shoes?
(Worn only once)
Not quite "Huggy-Bear" material. :D
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

WHAT!!!! get RID of those platforms!!!???
oh no oh no!!!! don't get rid of them!!! you KNOW they'll be BACK!!!

www.berenshoes.com/Detail.bok?no=1304

the shoe that wouldn't leaveeeeee ahhhhhhh!!!!! 8O :lol:
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

My "job" right now, as my parents put it, is filling out scholarship applications and getting good grades. :roll:

Pie and Cake
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

for five years last month i have been a sergeant in the food service department at a local prison. my unit has 1300 inmates in the main building where i wroked in until last year. no i spend three out of four days at our trusty camp that has 300 odd inmates at any given moment. i directly supervise 40 some inmates in the main building and a dozen at the camp. stripsearches, write ups, necessities, work crews (trash mostly) are among my varied duties. i train inmates as well. and this past week i was responsible for feeding all 1600 inmates. good times. i stayed at the boq's for that.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

The Leper Fairy wrote:My "job" right now, as my parents put it, is filling out scholarship applications and getting good grades. :roll:
You know, I hated when my mother told me that. Fortunately, I had a real job to fall back on.

I work part-time at my county's Agricultural Services Division, helping out with land preservation easement inspection, farm marketing ( I just put together a Farm Directory: 577 farmers in the county and less than 40 wanted to be in the thing. Whatever happened to the appeal of free advertising? :roll: ), deer management, regulatory research, and a bit of GIS.

I also do stalls, morning feed and a bit of riding for an elderly couple that can't keep up with all their horses, and I'm training a horse on another farm in dressage. I don't get paid for the riding, but since most people have to pay to ride, I'm not complaining. :)

I'm also working on a Mater's degree in Natural Resources. Not doing so well right now. Trying to convince myself to do homework instead of riding is like trying to convince a kid in a candy store to go stand out in the rain and eat spinach out of a styrafoam cup.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
jimdwa
Servant of the Land

My Job

Post by jimdwa »

I'm the Systems Administrator at a small ISP. I also do network design and consulting, end-user support and training, pc service, help desk, webmaster, postmaster, indian chief.
Your country and your family are to die for. Food is to eat - Martin Crane
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Lucimay wrote:onewyteduck....if there are NO scratches on the sole (you didn't dance all night!!) AND the manufacturer's logo stitched or stenciled on the footbed is not in anyway worn (i CAN'T see your toe prints in the footbed) AND the shoe is not currently on sale AND the shoe is resellable at original purchase price...and you ask me nicely and don't evidence a HUGE sense of entitlement.....maybe. :lol:
What, are you kidding?!?! They didn't even make it through the rehearsal dinner! (They were meant to do double duty) My poor husband got all kinds of hell for not going with valet parking when we left the restaraunt......bare feet, a gravel parking lot, and who knows what else! Got up early the next morning, found the nearest mall and went and bought some dressy flats. Big improvement!

hottest selling shoe of the season and awesomely comfy!!!
www.berenshoes.com/Detail.bok?no=1546
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

I'm a prison officer in Scotlands biggest jail, Barlinnie Have a look here

All types of inmates from fine defaulters to murderers and rapists. About 300 at any one time in my hall (with 13 staff), and about 1350 average in the jail at any one time.

Been there for 12 years and before that I worked in a bank for 6 years.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Porridge? :D

Actually, that's 3 prison workers we have on-board now. We better watch out an' all.

--A
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:
I'm also working on a Mater's degree in Natural Resources. Not doing so well right now. Trying to convince myself to do homework instead of riding is like trying to convince a kid in a candy store to go stand out in the rain and eat spinach out of a styrafoam cup.
What kind of degree is that you're pursuing??? Sounds like I might be deciding on a career change.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

onewyteduck said:
What, are you kidding?!?! They didn't even make it through the rehearsal dinner! (They were meant to do double duty) My poor husband got all kinds of hell for not going with valet parking when we left the restaraunt......bare feet, a gravel parking lot, and who knows what else!

full refund plus rtn pstg, customer accomodation. ;)
mrsnull
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by mrsnull »

For eight years, I have been a court clerk. I run warrants, process paperwork, take payments, work closely with the police department, the city attorney, the judge and defense attorneys.
Tomorrow I will be attending the funeral of our lieutenant.

Julie
“This is Our Bleeping City” - David Ortiz

Return to “General Discussion Forum”