20 to 30
29%
<15
2%

Total votes: 175

Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

just because you turn 47 doesn't mean you're not still 17, does it?
only my knees feel 47!!
Ha. Glad to know I have company!
Every man is my superior, in that, I may learn from him.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

onewyteduck wrote:
aliantha wrote:48 in December, and looking forward to 50 -- all those great AARP discounts! And Elderhostel trips! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I turned 50 last November.....haven't gotten a "senior" discount yet!
I have a friend who'll be 50 in February. She says she sent away for Elderhostel info and found out they don't let in anybody under the age of 55. WhyIoughtta.... :evil:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Furls Fire wrote:oh blaaah, just make me feel OLD why don't ya! :evil: :roll:

">40" indeed :|
Hey, you're not in the >50 group. ;)

You're only as old as you feel. :)

And, on that basis, I'm 25. :P ;)
onewyteduck wrote:I turned 50 last November.....haven't gotten a "senior" discount yet!
You will. :twisted:
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

23, approaching 24. Feel as if I've accomplished nothing in 24 years... hopefully the next 24 will be more productive. :P
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

alynna
23, approaching 24. Feel as if I've accomplished nothing in 24 years... hopefully the next 24 will be more productive.

you accomplished getting to 24 didn'tcha? and guess what...it's ALL productive!!! :) consider that the best advice i can give on this subject!!

:lol:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

LOL, sure, but hadn't Alexander conquered the known world by 21? ;) I shouldn't set high standards for myself, slacker that I am. 8)
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Those darned overachievers always make us look bad. ;)
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:LOL, sure, but hadn't Alexander conquered the known world by 21?
You need to start small. Start first by conquering Montgomery County. It looks like we may need a new County Executive soon...heh.-jay ;)
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

LOL, and we already know the names of a couple potential replacements. What looks better on top of letterhead? Steven Silverman or Isaiah Leggett? :roll:

So, how does one go about counquering a County from a paid internship position?

kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

I'd figure you'd need to do what all other politicians do, and sell your soul to some great, evil power.

Or maybe you can form and lead an army of crazy Montgomery County secessionists, and fight for our overdue independence from Maryland. Then just declare yourself Dictator For Life.

List the pros and cons of each, and go with your best option.-jay
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

kevinswatch wrote:Or maybe you can form and lead an army of crazy Montgomery County secessionists, and fight for our overdue independence from Maryland.
Ah, I see my Montgomery Country idea is taking off! "Welcome to Montgomery Country - Live for the bureaucracy!"

We could be really subtle about it, too... "County" and "Country" look so close alike that the feds won't even notice we've seceded! At least until we demand a prime spot on Embassy Row.

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Please, please secede. And take PG County with you!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

PG? Bah! You can keep PG. If we take anyone, we're taking Fredneck.

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

OK, we'll give you Fredrock, as long as Virginia takes PG. Then we'll let the Eastern Shore annex Delaware and secede as well.

Then everyone's happy, except for Baltimore City.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

:lol: LOL, the new face of Maryland politics. Those poor outliers like Alleghany and St. Mary's are gonna wonder why nobody from Annapolis talks to them anymore.

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

You guys have to stop talking this way before I start having flashbacks to my 3 miserable semesters at Washington College in Chestertown. 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
Spring
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Spring »

Wow, I'm the youngest. 13, turning 14 in Feb.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Alynna: need a jailer?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Congrats Spring...I think you may indeed be the youngest Watcher. Good to have you here. :)

--A
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Cail wrote:OK, we'll give you Fredrock, as long as Virginia takes PG. Then we'll let the Eastern Shore annex Delaware and secede as well.

Then everyone's happy, except for Baltimore City.
What makes you think we want PG?? 8O :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”