Thomas Covenant on Wikipedia

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Landroval
Stonedownor

Thomas Covenant on Wikipedia

Post by Landroval »

I am surprised that there is not a great deal about TC on Wikipedia, especially considering the reams that are written about LOTR. Given that anyone can edit this website, has no one here ever fancied summarising the TC franchise at length? (You can save local back ups to protect your work from desecration by vandals).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_R._Donaldson
Even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Usivius »

Yah it's an interesting site, but one has to keep in mind that it may not be accurate. It is not like a published encyclopedia where checks and rechecks are done long before it hits publication. It is really a 'neat' site with interesting tid-bits.
One of the things I viewed wa a section on lung transplants and was astounded how much info was 'off' or plain incorrect! (My mother was the recipient of the world's first double-lung transplant --- which I added this to the list, and thankfully it has remained). :)

Anyway. There are some interesting stuff, especially about The Matrix movies and the Star Wars movies. Some 'buffs' have really loaded those sectinos up!
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

The sections dealing with religions, myths and legends are also quite interesting, especially for whomever might be looking for inspiration (when writing, playing a RPG, or whatever). There are several interesting tidbits which are veritable springboards for imagination.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Indeed, Xar - that's exactly how I've been using it recently. Looking up the Sandman, bogeyman, and boggart (all being creatures that come for children at night) on the wiki has helped me with some ideas for a story I'm working on.
I've been using it to look up all kinds of mythological stuff in the last few months, for one or two ideas I've had.
Spring
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Spring »

I found that a while ago. I added some more recently, but I'm not sure if it still remains.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”