Would you use white gold as your wedding ring

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

We had white gold rings when I was married, and yes, it was largely because of the Chronicles. Then we got divorced.
Spoiler
No sign yet of me constantly whacking my temple with my fist, though.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Tulizar
Bloodguard

Post by Tulizar »

I've been married eight years and have yet to buy a wedding ring. I gave my wife an inexpensive...er, I mean cool, antique engagement ring. Two months later we dropped the traditional marriage plans and decided to get married in Vegas. Since then we've just been looking for that right set of rings. Which will definitely be white gold or platinum.
Proverbs for Paranoids #3.

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
Morzan
Servant of the Land

Post by Morzan »

When i get married my i want my husband to have a white gold wedding ring. i dont care what he says. i just need to get out of high school first.... :o .
The sands of time cannot be stopped, they flow fast and unyielding in one direction. Years pass whether we will them to or not, but we can remember. What has been lost may yet live on in memory. Remembering that which was lost makes the remembrance dearer.
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I have a yellow gold wedding ring and my wife's is platinum with sparkley crap.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch Morzan.

And good to see you around too LandWaster. :D Too long...

--A
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I always fancied a white gold ring and was overjoyed when the missus suggested we get white gold rings for our wedding - I didn't tell her why I was so pleased! I don't think she would really understand the whole concept of the Arch of Time.....
Empusae
Servant of the Land

Post by Empusae »

I had a white gold ring when I was married and, should it happen again, I will do so again.
Buckarama
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Buckarama »

Revan wrote:I'm not getting married... ever. :P

But yeah, I'd love a white gold ring... if only to get a chance to visit the Land. ;)
Very, very smart 8O
likuidice
Servant of the Land

Post by likuidice »

Getting married within a couple of months, and yes, white gold rings are on the agenda, for all the right reasons.
Buckarama
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Buckarama »

I think I have one or two somewhere,... :)
NightBlaze
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by NightBlaze »

I have a white gold wedding ring, however, I think it depends on your taste. I have a few white gold chains too. Platinum is nice though too :)
¥ NightBlaze ¥
NightBlaze
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by NightBlaze »

I was away from the site for a while so I am playing catch up, I just seen what Aliantha wrote. I just quit smoking so I decided to wack myself in the head with my fist. Great nicotene deterrent! LOL
Sorry to the mod's. It had to be said :)
¥ NightBlaze ¥
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

explain as i did, the two metals are melded like the bride and groom.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
clenchedwolf
Servant of the Land

Post by clenchedwolf »

yes white gold for me when i got married...was the only thing i asked for and caused a lot of greif for she had to go for ordinary gold....and it was because of reading the books..lol
Mouseglove
Woodhelvennin

Post by Mouseglove »

My wedding ring from my first marriage is white gold. I insisted on it due to the TC books, which my first wife didn't want to read or understand my fascination with. This is but one of the reasons I have a second wife. ;)

I still have the ring, it's in a box in my desk. It's the only thing from my first marriage I have any attachment to, but only because it's white gold and the symbolism is still strong in connection to Covenant and the Land, to me at least.

My (now) wife isn't a TC fan, but she is reading Mirror of Her Dreams at the moment, so there is hope. ;) She likes SRD as a person, so that's something. 8)
"Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil." -Mouseglove
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Welcome back, Mouseglove!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
deewilldo
Stonedownor

Post by deewilldo »

Ive got a coincidence for you all, My uncle passed away and left me his white gold wedding band, four weeks after i recieved the ring, my father gave me the first cronicles of TC,,,,,,,, and yes i wear the ring, it has alot of meaning to me, and yes i would have my own white gold wedding ring,
I bite my tounge eveytime you come around cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground,
Sunder
Stonedownor

Post by Sunder »

When i get married I want white gold for my wedding band. That would be so awsome.
"May Your Swords Stay Sharp!"

"Darkness withers the heart."

"If you desire to know the truth, you must also have the courge to accept it."
burgs
The Gap Into Spam

Post by burgs »

Definitely. I had yellow gold rings in the 90s, although I would have preferred white. I didn't have much choice because they were sprung on me during an anniversary dinner. But although gold wasn't my color, I wore it proudly, every day until my s.o. passed away 7.5 yrs ago, and probably for 6 or more months after that. Now, sometime in the very near future, white gold will adorn my finger - as I've always wanted it to be.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." (Anais Nin)
Patch61
Servant of the Land

Post by Patch61 »

25 years after reading TCTC for the first time, I just presented my Bride-to-be with a white gold engagement ring last Saturday. Coincidentally, she preferred white gold, despite never having read SRD (which I plan to remedy). :lol:

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”