Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, as soon as I had Jedi companions, I only took them.

But apart from that dialogue thing, (and some things I would have liked more of), (and the fact that the game wasn't different enough depending on your choices), I really enjoyed it. Maybe even time for a replay.

--A
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Finished replaying KotORII (and now I'm here hoping that the Restoration Project manages to... well, restore enough lost content as to make another re-run more enjoyable). Now I'm re-playing Fable, after which I foresee dusting off my old Planescape:Torment copy for another replay.

Yes, I'm filling time until the release of Oblivion... so sue me :P

Post by Avatar »

Haven't gotten around to KotORII yet, but will when I can pick it up...cheaply... ;)

--A
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Psh, I don't care about dialogue. I've got TWO lightsabers!!!

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

Seriously, for all my (little) complaints, I still enjoyed it thoroughly.

--A
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Going to start playing through FEAR a second time, if I ever get the time! At the moment just playing Half-Life mods--mostly Natural Selection, Day of Defeat: Source.

And thank God this is the shortest month of the year, cause next month is supposedly the release date for Oblivion!!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I pray that my laptop - state-of-the-art in August - will be able to run Oblivion. I did all I could to get a laptop as powerful as it was possible - both processor- and RAM-wise, and graphics-wise.

My graphics card is not listed among the supported chipsets for Oblivion :( But I'm not without hope: it wasn't listed among the supported chipsets for Fable either, and yet the game runs fine.

Here's to hoping...
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Lord Foul wrote:Going to start playing through FEAR a second time, if I ever get the time! At the moment just playing Half-Life mods--mostly Natural Selection, Day of Defeat: Source.

And thank God this is the shortest month of the year, cause next month is supposedly the release date for Oblivion!!
About 5 of my friends are bugging me to buy F.E.A.R, i think i will. :P
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Xar wrote:I pray that my laptop - state-of-the-art in August - will be able to run Oblivion. I did all I could to get a laptop as powerful as it was possible - both processor- and RAM-wise, and graphics-wise.
I upgraded my comp back in July. Not state-of-the-art, but the benchmarks say I'll be able to run it at fairly nice settings. I also sold a bunch of old software to a local game store--enough store credit for the collector's edition! *drools*
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I bought a 3.4 HT cpu, 1g ram, $340 mboard, and an 1800xt radeon vid card with 512mb ram 3.0 pixel shader capability. Very happy because I can run Oblivion with everything set to high.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

Completed KOTOR.

Six days... which isn't bad for a game I was playing for about 8 hours a day :oops:

Plus I now want to play back through it doing everything differently. I'm intrigued as to how it'll play out with a female character... unless there was a lot of subtle pronoun-avoidance throughout the game that I didn't pick up on.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Playing Far Cry and Empire at War.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

The Somberlain wrote:Completed KOTOR.

Six days... which isn't bad for a game I was playing for about 8 hours a day :oops:
KotOR fever. I know so many people who just got absolutely hooked on it first time around. I always wished there was an option to fly round the galaxy after the story had finished, to finish the missions you'd missed out or just to beat the snot out of the toughest monsters you could find.

World of Warcraft is starting to blur the distinction between work and play for me of late. Now I'm an officer in the 7th biggest guild on my realm, so I generally put in at least a guest appearance every night, and lead raids if I have the time. We're trying to crack the first endgame dungeon at the moment, with demoralisingly little success!
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

WoW only lasted 8 weeks for me. Well done, Nav.
Prom_STar
Bloodguard

Post by Prom_STar »

on a whim I ordered both Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War from half.com. I've played the first before (and hold it in high regards with games like baldur's gate I and II and Morrowing). Never played the second.

As soon as those arive I will be one happy promstar :biggrin:
Was auch immer komm, dieses weiß ich für sicher:
Ich bin zurückgekauft.

Wenn Diamanten reichlich war, würden sie keinen Wert haben. Echter Wert kommt nich aus schönheit--er kommt aus seltenheit.
The Somberlain
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by The Somberlain »

The first is one of my favourite games ever - possibly only superseded by Final Fantasy VII. And it's lasted me countless hours (I must've replayed it about 8 times, and each time done things differently and found new things).

The second is good but not in the same league. It's kind of like the first but... a little dumbed down. It's much less intricate, I found. And while in some ways you get more choice in how you play it, you almost always have the option to go back on your choice - so it feels like your actions aren't lasting, unlike a lot of the first game. That said, it is still fun, and I think I've played it a good two or three times.
Prom_STar
Bloodguard

Post by Prom_STar »

hopefully the soundtrack in #2 will be as good as #1. I haven't owned that game for about four years, and I still listen to the soundtrack. Never heard of Alexander Brandon before or since, but that man is good.
Was auch immer komm, dieses weiß ich für sicher:
Ich bin zurückgekauft.

Wenn Diamanten reichlich war, würden sie keinen Wert haben. Echter Wert kommt nich aus schönheit--er kommt aus seltenheit.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Number one is a masterpiece.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Meh, I got bored of Deus Ex. Something about it just didn't draw me in, and I found the gameplay niggly.

Currently playing Silent Hill 1 - I bought it years ago, but I could never work out how to reach the school. Yesterday I looked at a tiny bit of a player's guide to find out how to get to the school, and now I get the feeling I've nearly finished. Might have to get the sequels. By the way, I love the theme tune to Silent Hill. Chilling and great.

I've also been playing Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. Again, I bought Seasons and Ages a long time ago, but never got as far as halfway through either of them, in this case probably because I had other things on my mind. So I've revisited.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

CovenantJr wrote:Meh, I got bored of Deus Ex. Something about it just didn't draw me in, and I found the gameplay niggly.
You bastard! :lol:

Return to “PC & Console Games”