Pantheon 1.0 - GAME OVER

Moderator: Xar

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Good! Nephirthos, Amplarx and Avatar are the only three gods who have not revealed themselves yet. The first turn ends tonight at midnight GMT; those who have not revealed themselves by that time will have the chance to do so in the second turn, however.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

Nathaniel had always tried to conduct himself with honour. He dreamed of one day becoming a great and powerful knight, respected by all for his honourable conduct and combat prowess. Unfortunately, Nathaniel was born into a poor family of cobblers, and his attempts at honourable dealings always seemed to be misinterpreted as cheekiness or disrespect. Apparently people higher up the chain don't like being treated as equals by their lessers.

Normally the consequences of these actions were a shouting at, maybe a refusal of payment for services. Sometimes he would even receive a beating, but he'd got used to that, if you knew how to roll with the punches it could be a lot less painful than the person administering the beating would ever believe.

This time though, he'd picked the wrong person. He had a sword, and the sword was currently held in a very threatening position in the vicinity of Nathaniel's throat.

"Any last words, scum?"
"I die with honour."
"You have no honour, you are nothing but a poor man with dreams. On your knees!"

As the man with the sword kicked him in the back of the legs, forcing him to his knees, Nathaniel realised how much he wanted to live. He wished with all his heart that honour would protect him from the man's killing stroke. Since honour could do no such thing, he raised his arms in a futile attempt at warding off the blow, and found to his amazement that the man's blade bounced harmlessly from his glowing arms!

"What the hell's going on here? A demon! A monster!"

"Hold, dishonourable one. I protect this man from your anger, he has lived all his life with honour, and I afford him protection for this reason."

The man was clearly scared out of his wits. A glowing apparition had appeared from out of nowhere and caused given him the ability to ward of blows from a steel sword using only his arms!

Nathaniel took the sword from the man's trembling arms and raised it to kill him, then realised, where is the honour in killing an unarmed man. He dropped the sword and ran. A voice followed him:

"I am Amplarx, God of Protection and Honour. For as long as you live with honour, I will protect you. Deal dishonourably, and I will retract my protection. Tell others of this deal I offer. Live with honour, believe in Amplarx and you are safe."

Nathaniel continued running, he wanted to find someone, anyone, and tell them what had just happened to him. He planned to tell as many people as he could find.

...Meanwhile, the man who so nearly killed Nathaniel managed to recover from his state of fear and, having heard all that Amplarx had said, decided he'd live the rest of his life with honour, having seen what the God of honour and protection could do, he didn't want to pass up the opportunity to wield such power himself. Raphael picked up his sword and angrily stalked away, planning his revenge.
Conduct yourself always with honour.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I've added a couple of clarifications to the rules, including turn deadlines. Do not be too concerned if you miss out on a turn; hopefully it won't lead to disaster ;)

Once this turn is over, in an hour or so, I'll post the events for the next turn: check out your inbox for events that concern your deity, but also keep an eye on the second post of this thread for events that cannot be concealed!

Remember: you can use your Divine Rank points on your own events, on these "general events", to proselytize, or to spy on another deity, trying to learn what sort of events are transpiring in his or her church!

NOTE TO AVATAR AND QUEE: The "four-turn" grace period before you risk death from lack of worshipers will start only when you reveal yourselves: so don't worry if you missed this first turn!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

The first turn has ended, the second begins. Worshipers have been calculated, and events have been distributed.

Deadline for the second turn is thursday, 12 pm GMT.

Edit: I've started an additional thread for comments, which you can find here:

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=344843#344843

Please keep comments, criticisms, praises and suggestions within that thread.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

The Revelation Of Avatar

In the highest centre of learning in the world, the Chancellor pored silently, frustratedly, over many a volume of lost and forgotten lore.

He thought, no, he knew, he believed, with all his soul that there had to be a better way.

Despite his relative youth, he was deathly tired of the old way, scrabbling blindly through the night, hunting for some dusty fragment of a key that would translate some document that would be soon forgotten.

There had to be a better way.

There was.

As his frustration and determination burned equally hot, as he burrowed through yet another seemingly endless stack of parchment, he beheld a soft blue glow.

Tossing aside priceless scrolls like chaff, he reached the bottom of the pile and laid hands on the last document, emblazoned with the sigul of an eye.

As he touched it, a voice chimed softly, not in his ears, but within his mind itself.

"Good and faithful servant of Knowledge," it said.

"Never fear that your labours are in vain or unremarked, for the search, acquisition and sharing of all Knowledge is service to me, and no more shall their fruits go unrewarded.

Instead, you shall be granted aid and succour, shelter and respect by me from this day forward, for as long as you strive for the sake of Knowledge.

I cannot give you Knowledge, but I can help you to find it.

Go to your fellow scholars, and share with them this message. Turn this academy into my Temple, raise my Eye above it's lintel, and send your acolytes across the world to spread the word that Knowledge has become a power unto itself.

Should any doubt you, call for their most incomprehensible scroll, trace my Eye upon it, invoke my name and it shall be readable to all, for you are my Prophet.

Send acolytes to every library, every school, and preach the coming of Avatar, Knowledge's God. For only that which becomes known can be of use, and it is my will that everything become known in the fullness of time. What can be done without Knowledge? What achieved, what changed?

Share your Knowledge of me, and enjoin others to share it also, for with Knowledge, all things are possible."
And so it came to pass the the God of Knowledge became known to the world.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Deadline for the second turn is today, 12 pm GMT.
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

The God Ordine Naturale presents you with this symbol of his mighty power. all who worship him adorn yourselves with it and be empowered to improve your lives.

It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

(OFF TOPIC)
Tazzman, that is the symbol of Khorne the god of war, blood and rage !!!
Are you sure that you want that symbol as your? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Mephiston wrote:(OFF TOPIC)
Tazzman, that is the symbol of Khorne the god of war, blood and rage !!!
Are you sure that you want that symbol as your? :roll: :roll: :roll:
no its not. its the symbol of Ordine Naturale. i just let Khorne (we went to school together) borrow it for a while.
Last edited by Marv on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

As you prefer my dear ;)
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Tazzman wrote:no its not. its the symbol of Ordine Naturale. i just let Khorne (we went to school together) borrow it for a while.
That was a very loving thing to do. *bows*
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Bhakti wrote:
Tazzman wrote:no its not. its the symbol of Ordine Naturale. i just let Khorne (we went to school together) borrow it for a while.
That was a very loving thing to do. *bows*
D'OH!!! what i meant was that.....ummm......errrr........

..........no! he stole it! thats right, yeah he stole it...... phew!

Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

But then returned what he stole? That's very honourable!
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

:LOLS:

Bugger off!

Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

*high-fives Amplarx*
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

:lol:

screw this!

*steals Bhakti's pocket watch*

Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Anyway, I have an appointment at 9:00. It's probably...

*feels in a pocket*

almost time...

*searches more pockets*

Doh!

First that damned Shadowspawn, and now you!!!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

The second turn is over. Deadline for the third turn is Sunday, 12 pm GMT.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Taking advantage of their growing political power in the Northern Kingdom, the followers of Avatar commission and begin work on a mighty Temple Library in the nations capital city.

It is from here that the followers of the God of Knowledge will spread out, gathering and sharing the learnings of any and all whom they encounter.

The Kingdom's ruler, a wise and benevolent monarch, seeing instantly the value of knowledge, requests that the Prophet appoint his most learned Cleric as advisor and confidant to the Throne.
Amplarx
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Amplarx »

A wizard named Bethel Junel, a follower of Amplarx, has been creating many new spells based on the teachings of honour and protection, and offering to teach them only to those who worship Amplarx; he is bringing in a good flow of converts.

Unfortunately, selfishly hoarding knowledge is dishonourable, so at the advice of Avatar, Nathaniel has been sent to teach Bethel Junel the error of his ways, and make the knowledge available to all via an academy Avatar will have constructed for the purpose of spreading Honour and Protection related knowledge, and indeed any other available knowledge.
Honour before Victory

Return to “Pantheon”