DC Area Weekend - June 23-25, 2006

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I must assume that you mean a different thing than I would when you say "poppers." :lol:

--A
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Oh dear gods this could be a terrible conversation, especially if poppers are what I think they are. :?
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Dear God people, jalapeno poppers!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: God Damn! My nasal cavities... ;)

Actually, I went off poppers many years ago...can't stand the stuff...makes me feel ill and headachy.

--A
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

:haha:
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

jwaneeta wrote:Sigh. I feel blue indeed that I can't make it to DC. :cry:

Have fun, everybody. :)
:goodpost:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Recluce
Woodhelvennin

Post by Recluce »

Having had both types of poppers.... I must say I prefer (and am referring to) the cream cheese stuffed fried vegetable.
Cute and deadly, still deadly.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Recluce, I found two listings for Mr. Henry's in DC -- one on Capitol Hill and the other on Columbia Road NW in Adams Morgan. I'm assuming you mean the second one, yes? Which Metro stop would that be?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Recluce
Woodhelvennin

Post by Recluce »

Honestly I'm not sure what is the closest metro stop, I know there is one but I was never very sober going to it....

THe times I've been to Mr. Henry's I've driven since there is reliable parking about a block away. But it's in Dupont, isn't there a metro stop for dupont circle?
Cute and deadly, still deadly.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

See, I *never* drive in DC if I can help it. :lol:

Yes, there's a Metro stop at Dupont Circle, but that's too far away. I checked Metro's website -- the closest Metro (.66 miles) is Woodley Park/Zoo. Might be too far to walk, especially at night, but I don't know the neighborhood well enough to say for sure. OTOH, it does look like that neighborhood is jumpin' with nightspots.

Clarendon Grill is right on top of Clarendon Metro.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Ok, here's the plan for Friday night:

Place: Clarendon Grill
Time: between 7:00 and 7:30 pm
Getting there: Check out the directions and parking info here. If going by Metro, take the Orange Line to the Clarendon stop.
How to recognize us: We'll have an SRD book on the table - dunno which one. Also, you can ask the wait staff to show you to the Kevin's Watch table(s) - we'll be sure to mention we're expecting people who'll be arriving at different times.
What we'll be doing: Hanging out, eating and drinking, of course, but we'll also try to nail down the plan for Saturday and Sunday. We're going to need a head count for dinner on Saturday so we can make reservations. If you can't be there on Friday but are planning on joining us for dinner on Saturday, please PM or call aliantha or myself before Friday night.

What else... aliantha will have directions to Romeo's house for those who will be joining us on Sunday morning.

I've still got three tickets to Spamalot for Saturday night at 8 pm (we are going at 2), if anyone is interested - I know some people didn't get tickets to go with the group. If I don't hear from anybody by Friday morning, I'm gonna see if anyone here at work wants them. Failing that, I will hog-tie three random Watch members and send them to the theatre with the tickets in their teeth, because it would be a shame if these seats went to waste. :)

Jay, Spamalot's at the National Theatre, a few blocks off Metro Center. We walked by it on the way to the E Street theater the other week.

Questions, concerns, problems?
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:Questions, concerns, problems?
Yeah, I have a problem...

I'm not gonna be there!!! :cry:
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Menolly wrote:
Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:Questions, concerns, problems?
Yeah, I have a problem...

I'm not gonna be there!!! :cry:
That is a problem, indeed. :( But you can be with us in spirit! |G
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Ok, thanks a lot. I should be able to find it from that info.

I'll be there at 6!

*Jay walks in at 6*

"Hm... That's strange... No one is here! I guess I can go back home and work on my thesis! Yay! Freedom!"

*Jay leaves*

:P ;)

By the way, just so you're all fully warned, I am incredibly shy when I'm around large groups of people, I hardly ever go to bars, and I don't drink that much. So if I look uncomfortable at all, it's normal. Heh.

But if you can't find me, just look for me hiding behind Alynna. Heh.

-jay

(110 pages! Woo!)

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Have fun guys. :D

--A
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

wish you were gonna be with us Avatar!! *sniff*

we'll definitely have a toast to all of you who won't be there!! :cheers:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

kevinswatch wrote:But if you can't find me, just look for me hiding behind Alynna.
Who will herself be hiding behind the nearest available pillar... I'm not so outgoing, either. :lol:

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

You two are going to have to get over that shyness.... ;)
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

I can, if you're willing to listen to me talk about my horses for two hours. :biggrin:

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

:faint: ;)

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”