How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

depends on where you're flying FROM i think jwaneeta.

i had no problem with cell phone and i didn't take my laptop with me to seattle last week, but i also didn't take ANY liquid items...not even tooth paste!! had to use Karen's stuff...makeup and all...and she's a summer and i'm an autumn!! :lol:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

jwaneeta wrote:Best wishes for your mom, Avatar. Glad the prognosis is good.

For my part, I'm happy to be going to San Francisco for the weekend. Can I bring my purse onto the plane? Cell phone, etc? I heard yesterday that they tried to confiscate JK Rowling's original manuscript (btw: is she mad?!?) for HP 7. This stuff is completely out of control.

I suppose the wise thing to do is to call the airport and ask. Bah! They're getting their security measures in my fun!
That was because she was on an international flight leaving the US and going to Britan. I'm not sure of the regulations on domestic flights, but when I flew back from Germany I checked everything except my book. I know you probably want to avoid checking stuff for a short flight, but if you absolutely want certain stuff that's what you will have to do.
jwaneeta
Bloodguard

Post by jwaneeta »

Called ahead and everything but liquids are cool for this particular jaunt. Which is lucky since I'm using long term parking...

Augh, this last minute packing jazz makes me so squirrely. I always end up bringing enough clothes for a trip to China. :crazy:
the rue of the melody could not be mistaken
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

jwaneeta wrote:Called ahead and everything but liquids are cool for this particular jaunt. Which is lucky since I'm using long term parking...

Augh, this last minute packing jazz makes me so squirrely. I always end up bringing enough clothes for a trip to China. :crazy:
call me when you get here so's i know you arrived safely. is someone meeting you at the airport? are you renting a car to get to the city or riding BART in? or what.
to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, thanks dAN. And thanks everybody else. Looks like it'll be ok. Was pretty serious though.

Appreciate the thoughts.

--A
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I'm exited about the weekend.

Is it just me, or was this week about nine or ten days long?

Lis is taking the older boys to a Pirate Festival on Saturday (I'm staying home with the baby)
Then We're getting a baby sitter and going to town for some Sushi and Beer later that night.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
jwaneeta
Bloodguard

Post by jwaneeta »

Lucimay wrote:call me when you get here so's i know you arrived safely. is someone meeting you at the airport? are you renting a car to get to the city or riding BART in? or what.
Someone's picking me up at the airport. :) I'll call you when I get in. I think I'll have done my fan thing by Saturday night, so maybe Sunday we can meet for tasty food?

I'm now absolutely paranoid that I'm not going to hear my alarm in the morning. 8O Good grief.
the rue of the melody could not be mistaken
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Av-- I'll be sending thoughts for a speedy recovery for your Mom. Glad she is doing okay.

All sickies-- GET BETTER! :P Sending good thougths for you too.

Jwaneeta--safe travels! If you're really worried, get a reliable friend to call you. Preferably from another timezone if the wake-up time is super-early. :) But if you're at all like me, you'll be so anxious/excited about traveling that you won't be able to sleep too long anyway. :)

As for me. . . I feel good today. Tomorrow my close friends and I are going to go out for lunch and then play mini-golf, and maybe watch a movie. We're celebrating my birthday early since it falls on a weekday. I swear. . . it sounds like I'm turning 60, not 33. *shrugs* Maybe next year I'll do something exciting. :)

~Lyr

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I sincerely hope your mother gets better, Avatar.

Happy birthday, Lyr!

Take care, Jwaneeta!

I'm very tired. Looks like im becoming a vegetarian again. Which is good. Plan to do some serious writing tomorrow.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

congrats on the vegetarian trip LM. what type? vegan, octo/lavo, fish eater???
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

sgtnull wrote:congrats on the vegetarian trip LM. what type? vegan, octo/lavo, fish eater???
Standard vegetarian. Definitely no more seafood.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Eugen Razvan
Giantfriend

Post by Eugen Razvan »

Loremaster wrote:
sgtnull wrote:congrats on the vegetarian trip LM. what type? vegan, octo/lavo, fish eater???
Standard vegetarian. Definitely no more seafood.
Great news, LM! :D
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Great, great day. After the Chinese dinner, my friend and I rented "American Movie", a very recommendable, hilarious documentary. Can't believe it wasn't scripted or fake in any way.

Right now I'm high on hazelnut coffee, soaking up the coming weekend. God, great to be alive. These moments--ah!

I also really appreciate my station in life nowadays, after reading The Year 1000. Great history book for the casual reader that tells you point-blank what life was like in England 1000 years ago. To just LIVE back then was like being a hero, really. We’re so lucky.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Lord Foul wrote: I also really appreciate my station in life nowadays, after reading The Year 1000. Great history book for the casual reader that tells you point-blank what life was like in England 1000 years ago. To just LIVE back then was like being a hero, really. We’re so lucky.
Yeah. . . and most people take it for granted. :roll:

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Aelyria Mireiswen wrote:
Lord Foul wrote: I also really appreciate my station in life nowadays, after reading The Year 1000. Great history book for the casual reader that tells you point-blank what life was like in England 1000 years ago. To just LIVE back then was like being a hero, really. We’re so lucky.
Yeah. . . and most people take it for granted. :roll:
Very true.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Lord Foul wrote:Great, great day. After the Chinese dinner, my friend and I rented "American Movie", a very recommendable, hilarious documentary. Can't believe it wasn't scripted or fake in any way.

Right now I'm high on hazelnut coffee, soaking up the coming weekend. God, great to be alive. These moments--ah!

I also really appreciate my station in life nowadays, after reading The Year 1000. Great history book for the casual reader that tells you point-blank what life was like in England 1000 years ago. To just LIVE back then was like being a hero, really. We’re so lucky.
excellent movie!!

to one of them?

~ dennis r wood ~
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Let's see: had a yard sale made $100 bucks pulled the rest of the weeds out of the frontyard landscaping, went to Gardunos and Rojo (red chile, jalapeno and pork soup and two rojo mageritas,cleaned the kitchen and now off to a hot/steaming soak in the tub.

baby Izaac walked yesterday (at 22 months)! They said he never would after his abuse!!! He didn't just take his first steps-he got up and boogied everywhere and never stopped. We are in beyond bliss!! Champange tonight. :biggrin:
fall far and well Pilots!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

congrats to Izaac! great news.

I am lonely because Julie still hasn't got back from her mom's place in Houston. Julie, her mom and our grandson went to the museums in Houston today. they had a free day for all of the museums.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Congratulations to Danlo and baby Izaac! :)

Sgt, sorry that you're feeling blue. Do what the chicks do. . put in a teary movie and use it as an excuse to cry. ;)

I feel happy. I had a good time with my friends today. We ate a wonderful meal at a buffet place, went shopping for anime, and then spent a few hours playing mini-golf. I cleaned up in the anime department, and will post about my haul over in the appropriate forum. We acted very silly playing mini-golf, to the dismay of my best friend's fiancé who loves to golf. He kept trying to tell us how to putt and swing, and generally was taking things a bit too seriously. Of course my best friends and I had to pose with the fiberglass animals at each of the holes. We got a really good one of me, my friend and a turtle. It was great. :) The golf guy won, but I took second place.

In addition to eating and playing, I got to open some birthday presents early. I got not one but TWO books from my Amazon wishlist! Yay! And I got a Tiffany limited edition porcelain jewelry box with a map on the top (I adore maps and globes). Tiffany, I say! 8O I mentioned in passing that I one day wanted to own *something* by Tiffany, and my brother tracked this down for me. He rocks. :biggrin: I feel totally spoiled already, and my birthday isn't for days yet!

Anyway, enough about me. Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend. :)

dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

julie brought me some newspapers and three lapel pins (I collect them) I did watch some football, that is the equivilant of a girlie movie, no?

can not sign on as Null right now, so that is irritating.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”