How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

It's not selfish, it's honest.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Agreed.

And keeping such thoughts locked up within is the worst thing to do. Even if you only journal them, and never show them to anyone else, at least you are expressing them and sending them elsewhere, rather than possibly doing yourself harm by attempting to shut them off.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Auleliel wrote:It's not selfish, it's honest.
Well said.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

SoS infected me with his bug! :throwup:

He also decided it was a good idea to put a clothes peg on the cat's foot...the cat was yowlin' and I was thinking "what's going on!" He doesn't realise just because he likes clamping clothes pegs all over himself doesn't mean the cat will like it!

Now, back to lying down... urgh...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Loremaster wrote:On friday I left the ambulance service. A special morning tea was held for me in which all of management came. The head of the control center made a long speech where I was thanked, and then my manager thanked me. I was given a framed certificate of appreciation, a lovely thankyou card, and a bottle of Cointreau (yum!). I was literally speechless and very touched. Now I have the week off before I start work as a psychologist.
Lore, did you start the new job today? Best wishes and positive thoughts for it to be more than you hope and everything you dream it to be!
Gil galad
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gil galad »

I am absolutly sick and tired of working with Slow-laris :(
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

I feel. . . hopeful. I got a lead on a job that sounds exactly like what I want to do: remain in the field, yet take a step back from the frontines. I would supervise staff at a group home for MR residents, audit charts and make sure all regulations are met, and still have the chance to interact with the residents. The job would be a salaried one, and from what I've heard it pays about 25% more than the one I have now. I think I would have to punch a clock again (right now I'm on salary and I make my own hours to my liking), but it would also save me about 2 gallons of gas per day--with gas at $3 per gallon that will add up quickly.

Soo. . . I am going to fax them first thing Tuesday morning, and hope for the best. :D

Also, went to see Order of the Phoenix this afternoon. Smashing movie! :D Bed now, though. . . Goodnight!

Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

I feel trepidation. Don't know why coming back here makes me feel that way...some things are barely recognizeable. I feel I should know my way around better, be more familiar with the recent topics, know what's going on in more people's lives. *sigh* oh well, it will pass.

Other than that, I'm feeling the baby move, feeling pretty satisfied with my life (though not so satisfied that I cease making improvements), and a little too warm.

Fun.
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yes well, if you hadn't ignored us for lo this last year or so... ;) Welcome back Iryssa.

Tough one SBG. I agree with Sea...no reason you can't still say that those times were special to you without being...compromised. Good luck. ;)

Me...uh, yeah. Monday. Think that says it all really.

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Menolly wrote:
Loremaster wrote:On friday I left the ambulance service. A special morning tea was held for me in which all of management came. The head of the control center made a long speech where I was thanked, and then my manager thanked me. I was given a framed certificate of appreciation, a lovely thankyou card, and a bottle of Cointreau (yum!). I was literally speechless and very touched. Now I have the week off before I start work as a psychologist.
Lore, did you start the new job today? Best wishes and positive thoughts for it to be more than you hope and everything you dream it to be!
I started today. Officially, I can start calling myself a Psychologist. The job is great!

Welcome back, Iryssa! :)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Loremaster wrote:
Menolly wrote:
I started today. Officially, I can start calling myself a Psychologist. The job is great!
Congratulations!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats on the new job, Lore!

Welcome back, Iryssa!

And SBG, I agree with what others here have said. No harm, and probably a lot of good, in writing her a letter, even if you never give it to her.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Well, the weather sucks and it's Monday morning. Other than that I feel ok.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Congratulations, LM!

Today's my first day at my new job, too. Same work, new place.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Congrats to LM and good luck WF on your new job!

Iryssa - seems to me like you're the one that has changed dramatically (I don't remember you being married before) and now a baby on the way - congrats!
bloodguard bob
Bloodguard

Post by bloodguard bob »

Hang in there SBG, all things work out in the end.
Good luck Wyld and WF.
Congrats Lore.
Hello Iryssa.
Jenn, if you don't like the weather in San Francisco just wait 20 minutes.(secret msg.#1)
Me? I feel great. No job, no cell phone, but I've got a full tank of gas and some new fishin' hooks and the waves are calming down.
"...and if you do not listen, then to hell with you."
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

A little down today, truth be told. I had the second interview today, and I still really want the job. The bossman says that I'd be taking a step down, while I disagree. I think I'd be sidestepping, or even taking a happiness step up. But I think he has it in his head that I'd be bored, and I'm not sure I really convinced him to the otherwise. We'll see. It's between me and one other person. I really hope the other person sucks. At least I should find out this week.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Had an interesting day at work.

At the end of issuing breakfast to the prisoners this morning (7.15am), I glanced up at the next level to see a prisoner jumping from the gallery thirty feet onto the 4 inch thick slate floor. Made an interesting noise, and was then whisked off to hospital with, I suspect, various fractures/breaks.
He was a lucky boy - the last guy that did that didn't survive.

Had a 10 minute debrief, then back to work again.

Just as well I'm not prone to letting this sort of thing get to me.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

*laugh* thanks for the welcome and congrats!

Yup, a lot's changed for me :) I was married last Sept. 29th, and our little one's due Sept. 13th! Lots of excitement!

Also...I think it's been closer to two years... :oops:

Now I'm feeling sheepish.
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Are you having a boy or girl?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”