Bionic Woman

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Matrixman wrote:You sound a tad sarcastic, Wayfriend. :lol: Am I reading you right?
No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I guess I wrote badly. I do miss those kinds of shows. I could care less about cop shows and detective shows, and will be happy to see the days of Law and Order over with.

BTW, I watched Heroes last night, for the first time. They were promoting the season 1 DVD during the show and mentioned that the DVD has a teaser for ... the Bionic Woman.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Cail wrote:Just to be clear, I have no issue at all with strong, independent female characters.

But think of the possibilities that today's technology offers for a bionic spy. I don't care about the bionic mom.

bionic Pr0n star, anyone?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Cail wrote:FWIW, if anyone remembers the pilot for the original Six Million Dollar Man, it was awesome. The show degenerated from there, but the original premise was really, really cool.
I even have the book it's from - Cyborg, by Martin Caidin - and the second book. Not sure I actually read the 2nd book, but I enjoyed the original well enough. Been a long time though. I wonder if I'd think much of it if I read it again.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
bloodguard bob
Bloodguard

Post by bloodguard bob »

Here's the poster I have on my front door. A little off topic but I thought any Bionic Woman/Lindsay Wagner fans might appreciate it.
"...and if you do not listen, then to hell with you."
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Now what are the odds that a random topic about the Bionic Woman, on a relatively obscure internet forum called Kevin's Watch, happens to intersect with the life of someone who just happens to be a forum member at this moment in history, who never would've heard of KW except for his involvement with FBH, who just happens to have a poster of Lindsay Wagner, of all people, taped to his front door?

I'm waiting for a rip in the time-space continuum to swallow us all.

Oh, and I read Martin Caidin's Cyborg as well, though I don't remember much of it. Didn't read the 2nd book. Oh, wait, I didn't even know there was a 2nd book...
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Matrixman wrote: I'm waiting for a rip in the time-space continuum to swallow us all.
It won't happen.
There is a balance in the universe.
You see....I have a poster of *Bloodguard Bob* on my door.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

After a month of listening to the same Bionic Woman Commertcial at the theatre, I have to urge to see this flick.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I didn't realize the $6 Million Dollar Man came from a book.

Now I must have it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:
Matrixman wrote: I'm waiting for a rip in the time-space continuum to swallow us all.
It won't happen.
There is a balance in the universe.
You see....I have a poster of *Bloodguard Bob* on my door.
8O ... :faint:
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

There's actually a series of books. I guess there's four. Cyborg is followed by Operation Nuke, High Crystal, and Cyborg IV.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I'd be willing to watch Michelle Ryan fight Ali Larter........
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

.......in Jello.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Bionic Woman

Post by taraswizard »

So the picture of the poster keeps causing my head to hit my keyboard. Where is that picture from?

FWIW, using my OnDemand Digital Cable I've been able to watch the pilot, and I liked it alot. It didn't blow me away, but the first episode of Heroes didnot either.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

I was paging through the OnDemand stuff last night (we have Verizon Video), and the preview clips that run in the background said that the pilot for Bionic Woman was now available - even though it doesn't premier until next week. I was skeptical, but finally did find it in the Free section of the menu (44 minutes long, which told me that it wasn't just a trailer or short sneak-peek).

Pretty good! Dark. Damn dark. Nothing you want to sit around and watch with the kids. Compare today's Battlestar Galactica to the 1978 series and you get the idea. But I liked it. And it's interesting to see Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) playing for the other team. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol) in there, and IMDB.com shows him in at least two episodes (which means, "more than just the pilot"). The one scene started in a bar, and I said, "that looks like the Chief sitting there at the end of the bar." (of course, that means nothing to my wife *grin*) I was pretty surprised that it was him - he wasn't in any of the trailers. He seems to have a relatively small part, but hopefully they work that character into the story so we can see more of him. With any luck, this might help me get through the hard times and withdrawl that will certainly follow the end of Battlstar. I'll miss the actors themselves every bit as much as the characters and the story.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Romeo wrote:The one scene started in a bar, and I said, "that looks like the Chief sitting there at the end of the bar." (of course, that means nothing to my wife *grin*)
Why do we put up with women?! *shakes head*

Oh, wait. I just remembered something. Never mind.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:Why do we put up with women?! *shakes head*

Oh, wait. I just remembered something. Never mind.
*glare*

;)
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

dlbpharmd wrote:Can it really be that bad? The way I see it, the show is bound to be better than 50% of the crap on the air now.
<eating crow>
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Has it started yet?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Yeah, the pilot was on last night.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Whoops...

How was it?

Return to “TV Shows”