The Rise and Fall of Empires RULES & General Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:
Balon wrote:
Another idea: a way to self-destruct or kamikaze a ship in battle? Maybe deal damage to ALL the ships in range, so it's also a danger to rest of YOUR fleet too.
Ships designed for ramming would be a good tech possibility, I think. Alternatively, you could buy bombers, fill them full of idealistic and naive university students like the Imperial Japanese did, and instruct them to "kamikaze" . . .

As for embassies - it's a great idea, but now I have to rework my plans for the turn :(
I like the tech idea. A new way to circuit the FTL engines to overload or something.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turn 10 orders are due this friday.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montressor wrote:
Balon wrote:
Another idea: a way to self-destruct or kamikaze a ship in battle? Maybe deal damage to ALL the ships in range, so it's also a danger to rest of YOUR fleet too.
Ships designed for ramming would be a good tech possibility, I think. Alternatively, you could buy bombers, fill them full of idealistic and naive university students like the Imperial Japanese did, and instruct them to "kamikaze" . . .
Ship ramming is now being considered.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Turn is sent.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, I've decided against ship ramming and ship self-destruction. For a start, it leads to serious game imbalances, and second, it makes my job harder. :)
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Loremaster wrote:Okay, I've decided against ship ramming and ship self-destruction. For a start, it leads to serious game imbalances, and second, it makes my job harder. :)
Haha. No biggy.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Mt trun is also sent, now hurry up and do me report!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Noooooooooooooooooooo I havnt got my report yet. No wI have to wait all day to hear how awesome my race is!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Dorian wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooo I havnt got my report yet. No wI have to wait all day to hear how awesome my race is!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Sorry, Dorian.

I started the turn processing a moment ago.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, things have become interesting . . . well, more so than the last few turns.
T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

We, the T'lesir, propose a motion that turns be processed in reverse alphabetical order from time to time. Should the motion not pass, we, the T'lesir Core, will discuss as to whether to rename our race the A'aesir :P
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

T'lesir Core wrote:We, the T'lesir, propose a motion that turns be processed in reverse alphabetical order from time to time. Should the motion not pass, we, the T'lesir Core, will discuss as to whether to rename our race the A'aesir :P
I leave yours until last because yours are the hardest to calculate! :lol:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sorry, everyone. Turn processing is slow today. I have to go out for a few hours. I have only the following to complete:

Ross 154
Delucrii
T'lesir
Free Traders
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I love coming home from work to a nice, warm turn summarry waiting for me. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Same, as thus far it has always been good news towards the ultimate goal of over ruling all races. Bwahahahaha!!!!
Last edited by Dorian on Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Dorian wrote:Same, as thus far it has always been good news towards the ultimat egial of over ruling all races. Bwahahahaha!!!!
I KNEW it! ;)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Rules update! Please note the cheaper price.

Upgrade Colony (5) – Increases a colony’s income by one (maximum two upgrades).
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Loremaster wrote:Rules update! Please note the cheaper price.

Upgrade Colony (5) – Increases a colony’s income by one (maximum two upgrades).
Hooray! Now I might actually do it! Does "Appoint Governor" get a likewise reduction?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montressor wrote:Hooray! Now I might actually do it! Does "Appoint Governor" get a likewise reduction?
If it does, it won't cost 5 as the bonus from a governor is larger.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

Is it? I thought the governor bonus was just a +1 to the planet's CCs.

I think it would be good if the governor also had some other impact on game mechanics, to make it different from simply another kind of colony upgrade.
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.

Return to “Empires”