I bought.............

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

I bought.............

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I bought the hardcover editions The Real Story, Forbidden Knowledge, and TDAGD for 50 cents each at a yard sale. I suppose I will have to find the time to read them (and the others) now.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yes you will. :D Enjoy. ;)

--A
frankELF
Ramen

Post by frankELF »

When you find more batches of 50c hardcover Gap books, feel free to mail them to me! {i'll pay you for the yardsale price}
Frank :biggrin:
Kokopelli would be a cool avatar for me.

Trees, by Joyce Kilmer
- I think that I shall never see,
- A poem as lovely as a tree. (STOP READING poem FOREVER, here! Go look OUTDOORS.)
Stutty
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Stutty »

OOoooo... lucky find SB.

I know there's some debate on this subject, but I say don't judge the series on The Real Story. I've read it once, and I hated it. That said, I think the last two books are masterpieces, as good or better than any of the Covenants.

stutt
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1001001 = ASC(73) = "I"
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I agree with Stutty. The Real Story is very hard to get through, but it's worth it.

Actually, I found the whole series difficult reading. It's a great story, but I haven't been back for a re-read. Some tough stuff in there.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Mortice Root
Bloodguard

Post by Mortice Root »

MsMary wrote
Actually, I found the whole series difficult reading. It's a great story, but I haven't been back for a re-read. Some tough stuff in there.
I completely agree. I love the GAP, but it is a very emotionally draining read. So I don't read it often.
"The plural of antecdotes is not evidence."
-------------
Driving down the razor's edge between the past and the future
Turn up the music and smile
Get carried away on the songs and stories of vanished times
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I must re-read the series again.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Speaking of buying things, does anyone know what "The Starmaster" is? If you look in Repot-Depot it's one of the ships you can buy.

Also there is no such thing as a free lunch, yet there are five fine vessels bearing the name in the hanger over there. Which, ironically enough, cost money.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Holsety wrote:Speaking of buying things, does anyone know what "The Starmaster" is? If you look in Repot-Depot it's one of the ships you can buy.
That was the starship captained by Morn's father.
Holsety wrote:Also there is no such thing as a free lunch, yet there are five fine vessels bearing the name in the hanger over there. Which, ironically enough, cost money.
Well if there is no such thing as a free lunch, then Free Lunch shouldn't be for free.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Loremaster wrote:
Holsety wrote:Speaking of buying things, does anyone know what "The Starmaster" is? If you look in Repot-Depot it's one of the ships you can buy.
That was the starship captained by Morn's father.
Holsety wrote:Also there is no such thing as a free lunch, yet there are five fine vessels bearing the name in the hanger over there. Which, ironically enough, cost money.
Well if there is no such thing as a free lunch, then Free Lunch shouldn't be for free.
I know, but...I mean, if we were going to keep strictly to the idea it would just be the Starship Lunch which is pretty damned stupid sounding.

Obviously a ship called Free Lunch is just another occurrence of paradox in the works of Donaldson.

EDIT-Is now the time for me to proselytize the books of Mr. Lunch?

Return to “The Gap Series”