The Amazing Potato

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Like DLB I love grilled taters too...but I don't use the tin foil...used to, until I saw a BBQ cooking show were the chef just put them right on the grill...been doing it that way ever since.
You make a little maranade out of Olive Oil (Or EVOO) and chopped garlic, and whatever else you want; and just lay the slices right on the grill...a higher rack is better, flip them two or three times...really good, cause they get crispy on the outside.
Drew, we did potatoes on the grill as above last night, and they were really good - thanks again for the tip.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Avatar wrote:I'm lazy. And particular about my gravy. :D I think there's a thread about my gravy in here in fact. :D
Finally found it. Recipe now cached on The Cantina.

:twisted:
zmulls
Servant of the Land

Post by zmulls »

dlbpharmd wrote:For the grill - cut potato into small pieces, throw them into a pile on a sheet of aluminum foil, add generous amounts of butter, salt, and fresh garlic. Wrap the whole pile in the aluminum foil, throw on the grill and leave them for about 25-30 minutes on low-med flame. Carefully open foil, and enjoy. The potatoes come out super soft and the butter/salt/garlic mixture is sublime.
Oil, salt and garlic are all you need for potatoes. But I do this in the oven, not on a grill.

I just do oil and salt with small potato chunks in a roasting pan and leave them in a 400-425 oven (YMMV) for around 40 minutes. Halfway through I toss in some onions, scrape up anything that's sticking and stir it all around.

My wife can't stop eating them.

(Try the same thing with a combo of carrots and parsnips......hell...you can roast anything this way....)
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Stonemaybe wrote:Wedged sweet potatoes, sprinkled with pepper and dried herbs, roasted in the oven.
YES! I started doing this a couple of months ago and it's my new favorite way to eat sweet potatoes. I spray them with olive oil spray, then sprinkle on ground ginger and cloves, and maybe a bit of pepper.

I also do this: nuke your sweet potato like you would a regular spud, then cut in half and scoop out the innards and mash with a fork. Mix in some crushed pineapple (drained), about a tablespoon of raisins, and some chopped pecans or walnuts. Sometimes I have this for breakfast on the weekend.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

I like to make a hashbrown casserole using frozen hashbrowns, melted butter, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, topped with cheddar cheese and baked until hot and bubbly. It's quite rich, but every time I make it for a potluck, it disappears. :)

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

doesnt matter how they come .. taters are the best!!! in all their glorious incarnations!!

mashed, garlic and cheese roasted .. wedges .. salad .. pizza .. leek and potato soup .. creamed .. blended with swede or pumpkin
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The Galley”