Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

So sorry to hear about your loss, Cyndi. My thoughts are with you. |G

lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Lucimay wrote:i am not so good today. at six a.m. this morning i got a call from my stepmother. my father has died.

Cyndi, Now is the Time to be your best. As paradoxical as it may sound, some dimension of Love, may free you from his shadow. I am in Hope for what you may gain.
..Love, MEL
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Ah, I'm so sorry, Cyn. I know he meant so very much to you.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sorry to hear it LuciMay. Thinking of you.

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I'm so sorry Cyn. Father can be difficult creatures, but it's got to be even harder knowing he's gone. hugs and thoughts.

|G
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I was made a MOD today! ME! A MOD!!!! :P
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
The Sorcerer King
Woodhelvennin

Post by The Sorcerer King »

Oh, you get to argue now! Good for you!
"The Sorcerer King ascended the throne, pushed the holy launch button and laughed like a drunken clown" - excerpt from Flower of Doom
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I feel icky.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
The Sorcerer King
Woodhelvennin

Post by The Sorcerer King »

I'm sorry to hear that. In the future, try to refrain from talking to dANdeLION.
"The Sorcerer King ascended the throne, pushed the holy launch button and laughed like a drunken clown" - excerpt from Flower of Doom
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

That's not why I feel icky.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
NOWgirl
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by NOWgirl »

It would make me feel icky. What's the matter?
The sweetest woman in the world
Could be the meanest woman in the world
If you make her that way
Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

Besides continuing to fight a migraine and I think I might be getting sick.....but there was something today that made me really really happy.....wanna hear it? No matter your answer, I'm telling.

Malik and I went to the store for his debate beer. He carried the 6 pack to the cashier and she asked, "Are you old enough to buy that beer?" Malik said he is 36 and then she said, "Oh, I'm not talking to you; I'm talking about her," pointing to me. Anyway....made me happy. :)
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Remnants of a cold + too much homework + too little time + stressful situations where I teach + not enough sleep for the last month or so + mid-semester blues + too many people I know having issues + etc.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Ki wrote:Besides continuing to fight a migraine and I think I might be getting sick.....

Migraines....I feel for you. I suffered from them 2-3 times a week for over 30 years.
Auleliel wrote:Remnants of a cold + too much homework + too little time + stressful situations where I teach + not enough sleep for the last month or so + mid-semester blues + too many people I know having issues + etc.

You'll get past the cold easy enough, if you start getting proper rest. But friends with issues; that's likely to last a lifetime.
Last edited by dANdeLION on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Ki wrote:Besides continuing to fight a migraine and I think I might be getting sick.....but there was something today that made me really really happy.....wanna hear it? No matter your answer, I'm telling.

Malik and I went to the store for his debate beer. He carried the 6 pack to the cashier and she asked, "Are you old enough to buy that beer?" Malik said he is 36 and then she said, "Oh, I'm not talking to you; I'm talking about her," pointing to me. Anyway....made me happy. :)
I hope you feel better, and I'm glad that the cashier gave you such a great compliment.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Ki
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ki »

I feel for you both, Auleliel and DAN. I was thinking of going to the dr tomorrow, but it sounds like they can't do much...has that been your experience, DAN?
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Ki wrote:I feel for you both, Auleliel and DAN. I was thinking of going to the dr tomorrow, but it sounds like they can't do much...has that been your experience, DAN?

Maxalt and Immitrex worked on my migraines, but of course you have to suffer getting it and then taking the medicine. They tried some beta-blockers to keep me from getting them; what ended up working was dyazide. Everybody's different, though; who knows what will work for you. The thing is not to accept something that halfway works because it's somewhat better than nothing. Do you go to a neurologist, or just a GP?
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

Ki wrote:I feel for you both, Auleliel and DAN. I was thinking of going to the dr tomorrow, but it sounds like they can't do much...has that been your experience, DAN?
It definitely is my mom's case. She gets frequent migraines, and the docs have tried everything. She is now taking several different medications daily as a prevention measure, plus extra meds for when she gets migraines. She does get them slightly less frequently, but they are still just as severe as before.
A couple of years ago I started getting migraines too, but I get them much less frequently than my mom, and they aren't quite as severe as hers yet. I don't take prescription meds because mine are infrequent enough not to be too much of a problem most of the time.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

The tough thing about migraines is the pattern; stopping the routine of getting them every so often is hard, but if they do it, it really breaks the hold migraines have on you. Women are different than men in that women usually start getting them when they start having periods, while we guys get them for who knows why. I'm a lefty and they say lefties are more likely to get them, but again, who knows why. Auleliel, you may want to reconsider the prescription thing. I have no way of knowing this will for sure happen to you, but in my case migraines started off as little things that happened every now and then, but by the time I was in high school, they were hitting me twice a week, and they were debilitating.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

If they become more frequent than once every 4-5 months, or if they become severe enough that they interfere with my life (so far I have passed physics exams during migraines, and I can get through daily routines with a migraine even if I'm not enjoying it), then I will go to the docs and get prescriptions. I hate using medicine if I can find ways to deal with things without it, and generally use medicine as a last resort (or if I know that what I have will develop into a last resort). Addictions run on both sides of my family, and I fear that I may accidentally abuse drugs. Also, I have developed a tolerance for some pain medications, so I don't want to overuse the ones that I haven't yet developed a tolerance for.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”